It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME? Is it faster for those older? Slower for those younger? Does its speed change?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
As far as to why you age slower when you move, well, at the center of every particle is a vibrating string of a certain frequency. For now, my guess is that the more you move, the more space you distort around that string, such that now that string has to propagate along that space, such that now it takes longer than to reach the "older" state, if it were standing still.

So then if a person was artificially placed in a field that 'sped them up' distorting space around the strings of their every particles...
...they would then age more slowly than others around them?

Has it ever been suggested that individuals do this by their influence as the 'observer' of the Bose-Einstein field?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Yeah another way to think of this is instead of your being as defined by a converging spatial series -- think of space as diverging. So every year you age think of one space moving to the right -- so every year you are less of a fraction -- 1/2 1/3 1/4 -- compared to the whole space. So who you are is increasingly becoming younger and younger -- as your age gets older and older -- but the harmonic series DIVERGES -- which means that as space expands time becomes infinitely smaller yet the "I" never changes (it always moves by one). The process is eternal.

This is the real teaching of Christianity -- or Judiasm -- "I am that I am" comes from Vedic philosophy which teaches that consciousness is eternal and beyond spacetime. Brahman means bull and God comes from Gott meaning bull.

There's some secret to this based on the complementary opposites of harmonics which violates the commutative property but I won't get into that right now. naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com... is my blog for more details.

So the idea that "who" you are is pure consciousness means you can "travel" faster than light -- have precognition -- bend spacetime, etc.

At the same time since space and time are relative or energy and matter are relative -- then who you really are does not change - and is impersonal -- individual identity is an illusion -- nevertheless there is an infinite process of spacetime creation.

Also our experience of time and space is mediated by the neurohormones in our brain -- so if we have high amounts of serotonin then time goes faster. haha. Or if we are REALLY having fun then time stops all together.

If you do '___' then you see the hyperspace or the rainbow vortex -- it's the holograph of spacetime itself -- but again the process to create this vortex is not spacetime -- it's complementary opposites. It's beyond spacetime -- it's pure consciousness. It's who we really are.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The results of our decussion on TIME and why is there a difference. when we went to school ... summer vacation was like never ending.... but now we are adults 3 months is like 3 weeks...
my Nasa friend, I think is most correct of the group...
"he thought that as we age we dont see or think about everything like kids do, there brain is still learning. as things we have learned or already processed those Items get less processing time from our brain and is not re processed unless something changed." humm, maybe

that would explain the differences in time, Learning Brain -vs- Learned Brain....
what do you think...?> I must agree he might have hit that nail on the head.

*on a side topic which lead to this conversation, we discussed external stimulation -vs- internal stimulation tests resulted in the brain out processing time... you heard me correctly our brains work a fraction of a second in the future. FACT

[edit on 28-1-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

It's all about perception really. Because a year is a shorter percentage of your life you perceive it as a shorter amount of time because now it is in context with all those other years you've lived. However a minute or hour can seem to take forever, again this is perception of the human mind. If you're bored for that hour it can seem to ache by slowly but if you're busy it can seem to fly by.

It's all in the mind, the mind is a powerful thing.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN
Hi, OldThinker.

Here I come with MY theory of relativity ! !

Do you remember when you where 4 years old, how looooong a
year was, between the visits of Santa ???
The ONE year wait was *** 20% *** of ALL your life.

Now, relatively:
When you are 50 years old, ONE year is 2% of all your life,
and,
when you are 100 years old, ONE year is 1% of all your life.

Sooooooo that is why, when we grow older, relatively, we sense that
time goes "faster". . . It dos NOT !

Time becomes a smaler and smaler and smaler %percentage% of our past life. . .

Blue skies.

I did the math - in that sense, mentally speaking, mid-life is about age 25!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join