It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC iPlayer - Watch this before it's too late.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Just found this on the BBC's current iPlayer listings. It won't be around very long, so I suggest you watch it while you can. Most interesting. Sir Patrick Moore states total conviction of alien life and there's lots of other stuff.

I Believe in UFOs

WG3

EDIT: The BBC iPlayer service is limited to UK viewers. Sorry for any disappointment caused.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by waveguide3]

[edit on 28-1-2010 by waveguide3]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

Thanks for the heads up waveguide3, I didnt know this had been on .
Only one problem with it , Danny Dyer is such a snip , but Patrick Moore is the man , I hope he keeps going on and on into eternity .

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27/1/2010 by Sauron]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Vide is only playable to UK residents. Any limeys out there want to paraphrase the content?
Oi?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

appreciate the link - but these UK viewers or USA viewer only links should be barred from this site - they are setting a standard for censored internet.

Nothing personal but these links are pointless.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
found this it works in Canada, it's in 3 parts:

www.dailymotion.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Didn't watch the vids (in the US and the Canadian link is really lagging), but I must say that I'm now intrigued. Patrick Moore's "Sky at night" taught more British kids about the universe than an teacher even wanted to.
If he's in, there's something afoot.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mathius

Thanks!
Canadian link is working great, now.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
My apologies to anyone unable to get the BBC iPlayer service. I didn't realise they limit it to UK viewers when I posted the link. However, to suggest such links should be banned because you personally aren't in range is surely a bit self-centred. I've amend the OP to make this limitation clear.

TC

EDIT: My thanks to Mathius for finding an alternative link. He says it's OK for Canada and I can certainly get it here in the UK.

Alternative Link to 'I Believe in UFOs'

[edit on 28-1-2010 by waveguide3]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

well that's like me making a thread that you can't read because you're not american lol

epitome of pointless.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Maybe you'd like to use the alternative link and comment on that?

WG3

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I watched that an the best part was it was Danny Dyer, worse part is he seemed very impressionable. As far as shows about aliens go it was poor.
You had Stan Romanek wanting $50,000 dollars, a group who make crop circles but can't admit to it and a bunch of hippies looking at sattelites out at Gilliand.
Not a great endorsement for UFOlogy.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

oh the one at daily motion? thanks.
watching it now.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I saw this the other, not a problem for me cos I an in the UK but I do kknow a lot of others people would like to be able to access the BBCi player.... so here is how you do it.... have not tried it so don't shoot the messenger...

Also Mods if I do this wrong, please don't jump on me, I have never posted a link here before so am just gonna do what I do on other forums...

How to acces the BBCi player from anywhere...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
well it was interesting. he took an unusual approach to the subject.
i thought his sighting at gilliand's ranch was pretty good.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The only good part of this 'documentary' was when Sir Patrick Moore was jabbering on about space and aliens and whatnot, love that guy. Sat in his study at what was obviously the early hours of the day, watching the cricket and supping on a pint glass full of wine

It's just a shame that Danny Dyer was involved. Unless he's talking to a bunch of skinheads about smashing somebody's skull in I ain't interested.

[edit on 05/08/2009 by LiveForever8]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Danny Dyer is a tit and an affront to any self-respecting Skinhead or Casual for that matter.

Patrick Moore is a living legend.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I was more interested in the content of the program and the broad approach to the subject. Frankly, I'd never even heard of Danny Dyer before this and what people think about him personally is irrelevant. I thought it significant that Patrick Moore should state in quite categoric terms that alien life exists. As suggested by an earlier comment, he's a very influential chap in many ways. The fact that Nick Pope was interviewed makes this an important show surely. Pope is regarded as a God is some parts of this forum. Similar things are said of Gilliland, though many others see him as a charalaton. I thought the UFO-believing vet was a new twist that I'd never seen before and that fact that sheep mutilation in the UK is alive and well. And I'd never heard about a UFO based religion before. It amazed me to see so many mature people from a wide spectrum of backgrounds willing to chant their mantras in remote places, where I'd be more concerned that my goolies weren't gonna drop off with the cold. Overall, I thought it was a rather good show aimed at the masses of people who've never ever thought about the implications of anything 'alien'. Clearly, it wasn't intended to impress those here who have got well past that initial stage and consider much of it unworthy of their attention.

WG3

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
I watched that an the best part was it was Danny Dyer, worse part is he seemed very impressionable. As far as shows about aliens go it was poor.
You had Stan Romanek wanting $50,000 dollars, a group who make crop circles but can't admit to it and a bunch of hippies looking at sattelites out at Gilliand.
Not a great endorsement for UFOlogy.

I think you are spot on,I loved the part where as he left Stan Romanek's house he said " I bet Stan and his misses are inside high fiving each other that they have conned another sucker ,or words to that effect) I thought he was going to go back in and deck the bloke. Made me laugh out loud when watching the video where Stan sees the alien and runs back from the window Dan says " yeah that was a bit camp"
. I was amazed he wasn't more clued up before he made the documentary mistaking satellites for ufo's although he is adamant they are ufos.Who knows maybe they were I am not going to argue with him as live not that far from him and don't want him paying me a visit. Have to admit that at least he as well as Mr Williams are helping to make ufology seem more acceptable and dare I say cool. They don't come much cooler than Mr Dyer. If its good enough for him its good enough for me. Any Americans who don't know who he is watch this trailer of his excellent film he made with Gillian Anderson. Probably where he got his interest for ufo's from. Top film well worth watching.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
The only good part of this 'documentary' was when Sir Patrick Moore was jabbering on about space and aliens and whatnot, love that guy. Sat in his study at what was obviously the early hours of the day, watching the cricket and supping on a pint glass full of wine

It's just a shame that Danny Dyer was involved. Unless he's talking to a bunch of skinheads about smashing somebody's skull in I ain't interested.

[edit on 05/08/2009 by LiveForever8]

completely agree....

I tried to watch this with an open mind abt dyer...tbh I found it really difficult watching him and ended up fast forwarding the bits he was in lol...

The only thing it did make me think was why he was chosen to front this? Maybe to appeal to the Sun readers, to reach that 'type' of demographic?

And as for the member tarifa37 stating: "They don't come much cooler than Mr Dyer. If its good enough for him its good enough for me." I respect your opinion and your opinion is relative however, imo Dyer isn't cool in any way, with his fake over exaggerated mockney/cockney gangster vibe, hilarious.....

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
I was more interested in the content of the program and the broad approach to the subject. Frankly, I'd never even heard of Danny Dyer before this and what people think about him personally is irrelevant.

WG3

hmmmm.... I would disagree, IMO the person who fronts this topic is relevant!! Especially considering the subject matter and the stereotypes attached to said subject matter.....If you come from the camp that thinks 'dyer is cool' then this program would/will work for you.... I am of the other opinion, 'dyer' ruined this for me......

edit to add: As other members have stated he appeared impressionable? Again maybe that's his 'style'....

[edit on 28-1-2010 by slinkey10]

[edit on 28-1-2010 by slinkey10]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join