It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 State of the Union Address -- Is Disclosure Coming Tonight!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
There sure are alot of idiots on this site. Do you really believe aliens are here on earth and that the president is going to tell you about them? And even if there were aliens here and he DID tell you what would change? It is obvious that these "beings" are not friendly because if they were they would have helped us be free from our masters behind the curtains. Oh wait let me guess what you are going to say to that...They believe that we have to break free on our own and then they will show us the way into the cosmos...As my good ol friend George Carlin would say,Get *#$%#$* real would you please? Dont get me wrong i love the idea that someone or somthing out there is watching over us and possibly will intervene if things get nasty down but its highly unlikely. I love Sci fi as much as the next guy (star trek,SG1) but this whole alien thing is really distracting you from the real issues at hand that we must face. If you want to keep living in this dream world of "Alien Disclosure" then by all means...stay stupid

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
A ten thousand dollar tax credit for families who want to send their kids to college? Really?

It sounds like hes just saying things now, he likes the applause.

(And I'm not "Bashing Obama" let's see him get most of these things passed before the end of his Presidency before you start throwing out accusations.)

link   
reply to post by Foodman

I'm in Australia and the iPad launch is getting the front page news here.
Give it a couple of hours and we'll see ...

link   
As a nearly deaf person who lip-reads a lot, I believe that I saw President Obama say, as he passed through the crowd and pointed at someone, "It'll be okay."

It's a good message so far, IMO. Plus, there's the added benefit of aerobic activity amongst the supporters in standing up and sitting down and clapping. Always a good thing.

If even half of his hopefulness can be realized, then the U.S. will be on a better path.

Crap and Trade will be a go. Hide your wallets.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Longbob

So...does that mean that it will be easier to get a Pell Grant? Because those things are near impossible to get.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse

Originally posted by Diplomat
reply to post by mellisamouse

Go against the crowd? Uhmm... what? Most Americans love Obama.

Oh, well, I am in canada, and ATS is my crowd, lol....cause I actually respect y'all.....that is why I don't understand why I don't get it....I just can't muster up an ounce of dislke...

I like trying to have faith in people though....I am a sanguine, eternal optimist.

You are just freezin your caboose up there and want to make sure you have a warm cuddly place to go when the SHTF lol
bring me some maple leaves.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
OMG, after seeing the comments after my post, I think I'm going back to watch this when "According to Jim finishes". This sounds like more entertainment than anything else on the tube tonight.

Seems his new strapline is now "Let's get it done, Let's get it done". Seems "Yes we can" is now old hat!

[edit on 27-1-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

link   
so did he mention aliens yet?

link   

Originally posted by riddle6
reply to post by Longbob

So...does that mean that it will be easier to get a Pell Grant? Because those things are near impossible to get.

You just need a wife and child, and make like $15000 a year. Like me.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Foodman

Originally posted by Foodman
to those outside of the US: is this being shown on your tv too, or are you watching it online.

just curios to see how popular this is around the world.

Cayman Islands, loud and clear.

link   
He just said that if anybody has a better idea, then he wants to hear it. Fine!

Here is a good idea for you, BamaRed.

Resign !

link   
A trillion here a trillion there then I did the same

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Oh god... he is blaming Bush again...

When will he stop whining and blaming other people?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
How about we try and trust him and if he doesn't live up to this speech.

Well, lets riot?

Most of you are to quick to bash him, but you want him to speak of alien disclosure. I think some of your priorities are screwed.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock

When we get more independents in congress that don't belong to political parties, and cannot easily be blamed.

link   
How do you think the markets are going to flow after this show? WEEEEEEEEE. Down we go.

link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock

Mimicing Bush and this so my post gors through

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
blame bush all over again is not the way to go.

Freeze government spending

How is he going pay for all the new things he wants to do?

link   

Originally posted by OpenYourHead
How about we try and trust him and if he doesn't live up to this speech.

Well, lets riot?

Most of you are to quick to bash him, but you want him to speak of alien disclosure. I think some of your priorities are screwed.

He didn't live up to any of his promises when he got elected, why would we trust him on any of this stuff he is saying.

He is starting to just say things to get applause... Don't be suprised if he starts promising puppys and gummi bears to make people clap too!

link   
there still clapping, they just dont stand up now.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join