It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Head To Waikiki To Work On Strategy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Republicans Head To Waikiki To Work On Strategy

A high-tax, big-government Democratic bastion for five decades and President Barack Obama's birthplace, Hawaii would seem a curious place for the Republican National Committee to hold its winter meeting. But riding high after Republican Scott Brown's surprise victory in last week's Senate race in another Democratic stronghold, Massachusetts, 168 RNC delegates are arriving Wednesday unconcerned about this isolated island state's past political proclivities.

The gathering at one of Waikiki's most prominent beachfront resorts will be a first for the RNC, which for years sidestepped requests by its Hawaii members to bring its winter meeting to a warm climate. "The concern was appearances," said Travis Thompson of Maui, an RNC member from 2000 to 2008. The lush, exotic locale doesn't cover up polls showing that Republicans fare as poorly as Democrats at a time when candidates' ticket for success with voters is distancing themselves from both parties. Conservatives backed by the anti-establishment "tea party" movement are challenging favored Republicans in House and Senate primaries across the country.

www.npr.org...

LOL

GOP WIN IN 2010!

Our saviors will bring us back from the brink...I'M SURE OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOP...Party like it's 1999!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!

They should put it on CSPAN to show their TRANSPARENCY!!

Rah Rah for Republicans. GOP win! More government contracts (TAXPAYER MONEY) to transnational corporations!!!

YIPPIE!!!! I'm so excited. I'm glad they are fighting for me!

[edit on 26-1-2010 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hawaii is becoming a political hot spot as of late.

Obama, Rush, and now the Republicans.

Guess their filling the void of the NFL pro bowl.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I swear jam...our political system is such a joke that I want to laugh...almost...

They can stay in Hawaii as far as I'm concerned.

It's crazy. All the bitching about losing jobs and Republicans are partying it up.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Call me crazy but I think from now till August you will see legislation that will address economy and provide relief for some Americans.

Congress knows Americans are ticked off and are going to try to get on our good side before the elections.

Yep, they are about to play us.....

once again.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Congress knows Americans are ticked off and are going to try to get on our good side before the elections.

The increase of the child tax credit and child care benefits is a good start...which Obama is going to propose tomorrow. Actual help for the middle class!! Holy crap! One of the few things that I support that he is doing.

It will definitely help. I'm anxiously awaiting my tax returns right now too. I need them badly. It's getting more and more difficult to keep up with my bills. I can't imagine not having a job right now. I feel for everyone who is struggling....

That's why seeing things like this ticks me off so much. What a bunch of arrogant idiots.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Going to Hawaii. How well has this worked out for Obama, Pelosi and Hillary lately? Now the GOP wants to do this?

Well, it gets them all closer to China, I guess. After all, China seems to be one of the biggest financiers of the U.S.

Limbaugh, though, it's worked out well for him, I guess. He's still number one in talk radio.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

More dis info I see I actually like your post you really have to read between the lines to see your true point and I do. I know this probably does not matter but I am going to say it anyways they are both working for the same goal and the division is only a game they use. In reality they are all bad. I wish I was not the only one who sees that you are actually using some of the best propaganda I have ever seen you make it sound like you are from the middle when in fact we both know you are not.

Also to all of you who think wow this poster is way of base go and read the OP posts and see the pattern it is very subtle and it is some of the best propaganda I have ever seen truly it is a work of art.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I wish I was not the only one who sees that you are actually using some of the best propaganda I have ever seen you make it sound like you are from the middle when in fact we both know you are not.

LOL. Did you forget to take your crazy pills?

Also to all of you who think wow this poster is way of base go and read the OP posts and see the pattern it is very subtle and it is some of the best propaganda I have ever seen truly it is a work of art.

Yes...read my posts. I'm an evil man. I am just planning my means for world domination through a message board. I am flattered though that you think this is the best you've ever seen. Did you ever actually think that maybe this is HOW I TRULY FEEL?

How am I spreading propaganda? How is this disinfo? Sharing my opinion is propaganda?

right.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Maybe I am way off base or maybe I hit the nail on the head. Don't take my word for it look for yourselves the posts are there for everyone to read. Like I said before you sell yourself as one thing and then push a agenda from the inside out. If you are not working for them you should be. I see a clear pattern even down to your avatar. I mean how can wear the constitution on your sleeve and then promote ideas that are way out of line with it? Something just does not add up I have read you posts and the message I believe is very clear.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
All i can say is johnston island

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Interesting that they would do the same thing that last year they were criticizing corporations for doing. Is this fiscal responsibility?

What strategy? Republicans have no plan to fix this country, they can't show us one thing they did this year that has improved our nation as a whole. They can't even show us a bill that would help this economy.

Now are they going to pretend that they have the right plan after all? Where were they last year or two years ago when it could have made a difference?

I think it's a day late and a dollar short for any plan the GOP may try and concoct. The Democrats aren't much better, but at least they are doing something, it may be the wrong thing, but it's something.

It's time to throw both parties out of office and send people to Washington that can actually think for themselves instead of along party lines.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Why is everyone going to Hawaii?

Did the Bilderbergers move Bohemian Grove there or something?

new topics

top topics

join