It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja Vu as a Form of Precognition?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
My father, who dabbled in such things as astral projection and telekinesis when he was younger, mentioned to me recently that if one pays particular attention when a Deja Vu is occuring, you can catch fleeting "glimpses" of the future. I have tried this, but can never seem to properly concentrate before the Deja Vu is over.

So what I want to know is: Has anyone else heard this before? And if so, have you been able to see the future during a Deja Vu?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Your mind is constantly creating simulations of possible futures. Every once in a while it will guess right. When you come across a situation or a senario which you have already simulated in your mind it will seem as deja vu.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Interesting concept Wertdagf; I'd never considered that. Do you think that it's possible to "tune" this simulating process to "see" the future, or is it completely subconscious?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Your mind is constantly creating simulations of possible futures. Every once in a while it will guess right. When you come across a situation or a senario which you have already simulated in your mind it will seem as deja vu.

I agree with this for some deja vu moments, but for the legit, full blown deja vu, your explanations don't quite work for me, Wertdagf.

I have experienced some really intense moments of deja vu, but going back to the OP, I have never seen the future when a deja vu was occurring, but very interesting thoughts on the matter.

-edit for typo

[edit on 26-1-2010 by SolarE-Souljah]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I get it alot and I believe it is a bad omen. I can tell when something bad is going to happen I have always had it even as a child I would run home from friends homes because of a terrible feeling to go home and find out something had happened I never told anyone before other than my closet loved one's. It comes like a flash or something my brain freezes and I feel a strong sense of doing it before. I sometimes get it while visiting new places but mostly it comes like a wave out of the blue. It is a strong feeling and I wish I did not get it.

The past six months I have been getting it almost everyday and it lasts the whole day I don't know why I am almost getting used to it. I truly hope nothing is going to happen. I am not a nut job or a new age kind of person you can check my posts the are mostly political in nature. I just felt like sharing I guess.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain Reynolds

Yeah it is subconcious in most people... this is why they attach mystical properties to something purely logical, because they dont understand it.

Understand how things effect you emotionaly. Then identify those feelings in others. once you refine your emotional models of people it will be far easier to create more complex simulations.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Wertdagf]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
So you mean, sort of like a big database? Enough data, and I can create more accurate predictions?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yes it is precognition, every human has this ability, it's just bieng able to harness it. That's the problem.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain Reynolds

The more data you have collected on emotional resposes and the stimuli that cause them the more accurate your simulations will be. Its a pretty painfull process though truley looking into the hearts of people to understand their pain. It will mean the death of "you".

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I disagree when I get it I am totally aware of it and while I can not control it I can see it for what it is. It is very strong at first like my breath is different and my mind becomes very focused almost like tunnel vision. And when something bad is going to happen I get a sinking feeling in my high up in my stomach. And also I get the feeling to find a safe place or something like that it is the urge to stop the direction I am going. I will give an example

I was just this summer driving on a vacation in Wyoming it was late afternoon I felt a strong urge to go home it was very strong I said to my girl we should go home she said we still have 4 days left to travel I gave in 1 hour later we hit a deer going 90 miles an hour. I do not understand how it works just that it does happen I am not lying.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Believe what you need to. If you think it somehow protects you to imagine there is magical stuff in the world then keep it up as long as you can. Soon enough knowledge will overtake you.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
I get it alot and I believe it is a bad omen. I can tell when something bad is going to happen I have always had it even as a child I would run home from friends homes because of a terrible feeling to go home and find out something had happened I never told anyone before other than my closet loved one's. It comes like a flash or something my brain freezes and I feel a strong sense of doing it before. I sometimes get it while visiting new places but mostly it comes like a wave out of the blue. It is a strong feeling and I wish I did not get it.

It works the same on me. I came to this thread wondering if anyone else felt the same about it.
Generally, it as a premonition. A preliminary to a period of strife.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I have been getting Deja Vu a lot more lately and it is lasting much longer than before...I have always had it and it did last long but now it's more frequent and even longer periods of time.
I have freaked friends out telling them what they were gonna say or do next. I had deja vu recently on the phone with a friend and it lasted about 15 mins, it was freaking me out in some ways. I kept telling my friend I know we have had this conversation and knew what he was going to say even though I know we have never talked about the topic we were on. It was freaky but very cool at the same time. I was out with a friend today and had deja vu 3 times and the other day in the mall we had it at the same time! We were eating and both said "wow Im having deja vu." We both just looked at each other.
I have always wondered what DV meant or means. I do have dreams of situations that manifest in my real waking life as does my friend. She is the only person I know who has some of the same weird things happen to them. We are both Scorpios and we both believe in a lot of the same things too.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
i havent had this happen in a while now but i used to have real bad de ja vu that would have me shaking and taking papatations, the strange thing was that just before it happens it seems like the world trembles( i know it sounds crazy) if youve ever seen the butterfly effect with ashton kutcher just before he jumps he gets the exact same thing, but its allways simple things that i see not anything from the future.

there's another thing that happens to me that ive no explination for that freaks me out in similar ways to the de javu is, sometimes while im going about my everyday businness i will see clear as day dreams that ive had before. the only way i can explain it is it's like watching and hearing 2 tv's at the same time.

im not easily scared but when these things happen it rocks me for a while.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

I am also glad not to be alone I think that is hard to understand unless it happens to you and magic has nothing to do with and I mean no disrespect to the other poster but I am pretty sure I know my own feelings but I also think it is alright to think whatever you want it is still a free country.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
What, a Déjà Vu thread on ATS and I'm posting in it?

We have to understand that Déjà vu is also Déjà Rêvé which means (already dreamed), however because for the most part we are ignorant of this fact, we lump precognitive dream response to a deja vu label due to lack of better metaphors to describe the nature this dream / reality dyad.

Déjà vu = Aura of familiarity as in already seen.
Déjà Rêvé = Aura of familiarity stemming from Precognitive Dreams.

If you want to know why dreams come true, I am happy to share some of my leading edge theories.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Reynolds
My father, who dabbled in such things as astral projection and telekinesis when he was younger, mentioned to me recently that if one pays particular attention when a Deja Vu is occuring, you can catch fleeting "glimpses" of the future. I have tried this, but can never seem to properly concentrate before the Deja Vu is over.

So what I want to know is: Has anyone else heard this before? And if so, have you been able to see the future during a Deja Vu?

It's funny that you mentioned this, because that has always been my conclusion when thinking of deja vu. Doctors say that it is just a biological glitch in our memory, but I disagree. Every time I begin to have deja vu I force myself to try and feel what will happen next. I've gotten closer to that line between the present and the future but it seems so hard to actually pass it.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Have had many instances of deja vu (and the same deja vu more than once!) since a rather young age, which in the last few years I have learned to recognise and 'interlink', giving me an accurate description of future event in that small slice of time. For example: 'the next car will be red'. It is accurate most of the time and I guess with more practice and occurance will be further so.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by semidiablan

I have more or less that problem. Trying to "focus" on the future, during a Deja Vu that's occuring currently, is nest to impossible.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Reynolds

I had a deja vu at work today, and tried this. Instead of the future, it brought me back to my last deja vu, which I believe was a remembrance of a dream of the future.
I say I believe it to be so, as things have played out now to their fruition, as if it were a two-part deja vu.
What it seems, is that I dreamed the future, rather than looking into it from the deja vu.
Maybe it's your father's ability to recall the full dream sequence, as the first deja vu comes through, that gives him the glimpses of the future.

To Truthseeker10: I do get a shudder; more like a "rush", if you're familiar with the vernacular.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join