It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 men charged with U.S. Senate office infiltration in New Orleans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

4 men charged with U.S. Senate office infiltration in New Orleans

www.cnn.com

Four men were charged Tuesday after attempting to illegally access and manipulate the phone system in a district office of U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-Louisiana, a local U.S. attorney's office said.

Joseph Basel, 24, Robert Flanagan, 24, James O'Keefe, 25, and Stan Dai, 24, were charged with entering Landrieu's New Orleans office, which is federal property, under "false pretenses for the purpose of committing a felony," according to the attorney's office.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
According to law enforcement officials, James O'Keefe is the same James O'Keefe who caused all of the ruckus with the ACORN 'pimp' videos. The four were allegedly trying to access the Senators phones to tap them illegally. Don't they teach recent history in schools these days? I mean, these dummies should have at least heard of Watergate!!!

Although I have nothing but contempt for either political party at this point, I seem to only notice the Right stooping to such low levels in this respect. If I am wrong, however, please feel free to enlighten me...

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Being from Louisiana I have to say gov. corruption is a way of life, and a joke for the locals really.

Ever heard of Edwin Edwards?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It is sad to see the same old tired political tactics.

I presume as long as there is profit and money to be made and perhaps even a moment of stardom then it does not surprise me to hear of such efforts to plant taps and then use that information to sensationalize some aspect of politics when its convenient to someones agenda and of course when its profitable to have the evidence to any sensational claims you make about some Senator or some business relationship.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I love these kinds of tactics.

I am just sad they got caught, honestly.

#1 I have a right to know what they say on their phone, since they are filthy rich at my taxpaying expense.

These types of tactics will keep these fascists in government on their dam toes, thats for sure!

They better watch it, we WILL be listening in....

YOU CAN TAP MY PHONE AND ITS OK BUT I CANT TAP YOURS? WTF!!!!!

The government workers are MASSIVE Hypocrites!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well, these guys may have been stupid, But Mary has it coming. She's as crooked as they come.

BTW.. Geaux Saints! Saints to win SuperBowl 2010 !!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
They should be wiretapping goldman sach or the fed. Go after the head of the monster not the limbs. That said, it should be the FBI doing this but if the authorities won't do their job well enough to stop the rampant curruption and theft I guess it falls on the shoulders of any citizen who is brave enough.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
When I first read this article, I thought it was strange, until I read the name on the office: U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu. And that did not sit well with me, but then did a bit of research and now understand that with all of the politicians that they could have tried this with, it was her. If you recall back when the house version of health care was going through last year, and what the deal was, at the sum of 100 Million dollars for a vote? I too would be very curious as to what all she was doing in the back room and how much more money is going her way for her vote.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

"Law enforcement officials say they believe O'Keefe is the conservative activist of the same name who dressed up as a pimp last summer and visited an office of ACORN, a liberal community organizing group, in order to solicit advice on setting up a brothel, among other scenarios."

Maybe this will wake people up to the fact that the real villain in the ACORN saga is the Republicans trying to break it with dirty tricks,

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight

"Law enforcement officials say they believe O'Keefe is the conservative activist of the same name who dressed up as a pimp last summer and visited an office of ACORN, a liberal community organizing group, in order to solicit advice on setting up a brothel, among other scenarios."

Maybe this will wake people up to the fact that the real villain in the ACORN saga is the Republicans trying to break it with dirty tricks,

I didn't hear that but I will look into it.. I do not believe or a second this is the same guy. The guy who played the Pimp was all over the national media and New Orleans wasn't even one of the Acorn offices he and his friend went to.

This Pimp guy didn't strike me as the type that would willingly break the law to get a story.. if it is the same guy, this will be headline news all over the country.. and i'm not seeing it.

Well I guess it was him after all. I found this link.. But wow.. I would not think he would do something like this!!

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 26-1-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

The kid is right you know.. These, Our Elected Public Officials should have every word they say recorded for the public who wants to listen. That should be a requirement of the Job.

We can elect them, but we cannot police them? Who made up that stupid rule?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Blanket wiretapping of the American Citizen= Totally Cool
Wiretapping government=Not Cool

I'm going to use thisguyrighthere's signature for this one:
"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry."

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You do realized that this forum is 'Breaking Political News', right? That means it's a BRAND SPANKING NEW STORY! Hot off the presses, so to speak. Of course you're not seeing it... YET!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Dumb, dumber, dumbest, and idiot. Was there not one thought in their brains that said, "Warning, Bad Idea!"?? I can hardly wait for this story to unfold.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I guess one of the guys arressted is the son of the state attorney.
So how fair will the trial be?

Flanagan is the son of William Flanagan, the acting U.S. attorney for the Western District of Louisiana, his office said

[edit on 26-1-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
these guys will get so much of a punishment compared to other things it's ridiculous. for all we know they could have been exposing something huge, as the media always puts their "spin" on everything... and guys who go rape females get off with a year in prison/5 years proby

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Well, just saw this story on CNN... And it was confirmed that the dude from the ACORN 'pimp' videos was one of the idiots arrested in this case. I mean really, don't any of the young Conservatives know anything about the whole 'Watergate' scandal??? I'm not that damn old, and I remember the crap it caused!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by seethelight

I didn't hear that but I will look into it.. I do not believe or a second this is the same guy. The guy who played the Pimp was all over the national media and New Orleans wasn't even one of the Acorn offices he and his friend went to.

This Pimp guy didn't strike me as the type that would willingly break the law to get a story.. if it is the same guy, this will be headline news all over the country.. and i'm not seeing it.

Well I guess it was him after all. I found this link.. But wow.. I would not think he would do something like this!!

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The kid is right you know.. These, Our Elected Public Officials should have every word they say recorded for the public who wants to listen. That should be a requirement of the Job.

We can elect them, but we cannot police them? Who made up that stupid rule?

It's ironic that you say he didn't strike you as the type to break the law to get a story, when he actually committed a felony under Maryland law to get the ACORN story.

Remember, this guy has an agenda. He also admitted that the reason why he went after ACORN in the first place was because they were getting votes for Democrats.

As much as the media played him up as a hero, he's a self serving scumbag.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
So if it's the same guy/group does that suddenly mean ACORN didnt do all that stuff theyre on tape doing or later admitted to having done and had fired employees for doing?

If it was found out that Alexander Flemming was a pedophile would we just throw out penicillin and all subsequent antibiotics?

Anyway, we should tap all their phones. And all their emails and correspondence from their offices or while "on the clock" should be public record. At least to their immediate constituents. They serve us after all.

What's it called when the gov can go on doing something to us which would be illegal if we did it to them? Oh that's right, tyranny.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
So if it's the same guy/group does that suddenly mean ACORN didnt do all that stuff theyre on tape doing or later admitted to having done and had fired employees for doing?

If it was found out that Alexander Flemming was a pedophile would we just throw out penicillin and all subsequent antibiotics?

Anyway, we should tap all their phones. And all their emails and correspondence from their offices or while "on the clock" should be public record. At least to their immediate constituents. They serve us after all.

What's it called when the gov can go on doing something to us which would be illegal if we did it to them? Oh that's right, tyranny.

Look, I'm not saying we shouldn't hold people in power accountable. This guy didn't invent penicillin, though. He spent months trying to coerce people into behaving inappropriately while he illegally videotaped them. He finally scored one after numerous failed attempts. His reasons were far from altruistic. As I stated, he admitted his reason was because ACORN was getting votes from minorities for Democrats. This guy is no hero.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Those arrested could have been set up. They could have been told in some way to be there and when they arrive, someone falsely accuses them of a crime that will ensure the wrath of the media and paints the children of the ACORN as victims from those so callous as to attempt to plant phone taps.

On the surface this could be a "GET EVEN" move from the Obama Democrats to discredit their accusers who pretty much embarrassed Obama and the ACORN crowd to the point of wanting to get even. I have no doubt that if the Democrats/ wanted to get even, they would do so and make it look as if the victim is the perpetrator. The accusation would get tons of media coverage and the slant would be applied to the masses who believe what the main street media is slinging. In time and just prior to any court case coming to trial, it would be then shown by Obama defense attorneys that the witnesses are discredited due to their criminal behavior allegations.

This is exactly what someone or some group would plan to cover their lies, corruption, and theft of tax payer dollars for criminal activities. The lie will work as long as there are no loose ends. Time will tell. We will have to wait and see how this develops.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join