It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand Military to Release Secret UFO Files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

New Zealand military to release secret UFO files

This was in today's newspaper:

Source

Hundreds of pages of secret files on New Zealand UFO sightings will be released by the military this year.

The files include reports of UFO sightings from 1979 till 1984 and references to the Kaikoura sighting of December 1978.

The files are held by Archives New Zealand and were to be made public this month, but the Defence Force is removing personal information from them to comply with the Privacy Act.

"At the moment we are working on making copies of these files, minus the personal information," a Defence Force spokeswoman said.

"Once this work is completed, we are hoping to be able to release a copy of all the UFO files, including some ahead of their release time, within the year."

Lights were spotted in the sky over Kaikoura in December 1978 and were filmed by an Australian news crew. Aircraft tracked the lights, which were also seen on radar.

It seems that all countries are just lining up to share the secret files they have kept. Something is causing them to do this... perhaps they are all the appetizer, and the main course is coming from the United States! One can only hope that this trend will continues until only the U.S. remains as the sole holdout for disclosure.

I personally know people here who have witnessed craft whizzing by along mountain ridges, first slowly, then zipping away at super-fast speeds. However things turn out over the next months, it sure is interesting times we live in... then again, remember the old Chinese curse:

"May you live in interesting times."

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
There was also this same story carried by the Sunday News paper:

News article on New Zealand UFO file release

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
For those interested (OP included), I'll add a link to a spectacular thread about the Kaikoura sightings of December 1978, (aka Kaikoura lights):

Caught on film by TV crew: The 1978 Kaikoura UFO sightings

as you'll see, it's an extremely well-documented case, so if what is going to be released will add even just a bit new to what is already known about it, then it will be interesting for sure.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Kudos to NZ. Unfortunately, the only secret UFO files release that actually matters is the one that will not be released by the USA. That is, if they're not holding back on what they release.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
And after the "War on Terror" came the war for the planet against alien invaders. We are being set-up for this with the plan to unite all of mankind against a common enemy and thus completion of the New World Order Fascist Dictatorship.

UFO's have existed throughout history and probably before that, yet they have no history of such behaviour. Mankind on the other hand even had replica UFO's during Hitler's reign of horror.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This is good, saw this on the news the other day. Can't wait to get my hands on these juicy little pieces of info.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Thank you fellow ATS members for your replies and stars. I think it would be good for everyone who is interested in UFO files to become aware of this development. It's just more good news for the release of information.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Wow that is a great. As more and more countries begin to release what information they have, the USA will have to at least acknowledge, if not, release some of the information they possess.

This is something ill surely keep my eye on and I can't wait to look through what they reveal.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
it hasnt been publisized much on the news however. they need to push this sort of news more.... as we (NZ) are one of the most un-corrupt contries in the world. would love to see the government try and explan some of the mysteries entailed in the documents.....

[edit on 26-1-2010 by nzldude]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nzldude

It was on the front page of the Christchurch Press on saturday. 2nd biggest Newspaper in New Zealand I think.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
These UFO files always seem to lack the necessary physical evidence to prove alien encounters. Nevertheless, they should all be released worldwide. Only a matter of time before the US is forced to release theirs.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Speaking of ChristChurch, I wonder if they will have anything relating to the Christchurch incident?

That is quite the case. As is the Kaikoura (sp?) Lights case.

People should really go and read that thread that Internos posted, if they aren't familiar with that case.
Brilliant.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Why so secret and now not so secret.
Under orders from the Illuminati, I suspect.
Tell you what.
Its another way for the government to make money.
Roswell, hoax or not, is making money to this very day.
Waiting for "UFO" to expose the Illuminati on youtube soon.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Has the New Zealand Government actually released its UFO files?

At the beginning of 2010, it was announced that the New Zealand Government was "to release" its UFO files. This news received widespread publicity, on radio, television, in newspapers, and electronically via the Internet.

The other day, as it was almost 10 months since the announcement, I wondered if I had missed the release of this material?

The New Zealand UFO group, UFOCUS NZ was behind the efforts to get the New Zealand Defence Force to release its UFO files, so I checked with them by email.

Suzanne Hansen, of UFOCUS NZ, responded to my query. The answer was no, the files had not yet been released, and the release when it happens, would be through Archives New Zealand.

To keep an eye out for the release of the files yourself, you might wish to periodically visit Archives New Zealand's website at www.archives.govt.nz... and search using the abbreviation "UFO." There are currently 13 files listed under UFO.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
S&F for you......good info good info.
Aside from all the above, I bet this info will not make any different on UFO community or average joe's perspective of E.T and flying saucers.
This is still far from ground trembling, let alone ground breaking.......and what we been craving/ wishing for is ground breaking news.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
One of my concerns is that when the material is fianlly declassified by the New Zealand Defence Force, it will be given to Archives New Zealand for public release.

If the New Zealand Archives Act is similar to that of Australia, then only papers more than 30 years old will be available to the public, that is only prior to 1980.

Here in Australia when I facilitated the five year Disclosure Australia study of Australian Government UFO files we needed to use both the Archive Act and the Freedom of Information Act to obtain the material which is now available on disclosureaustralia.freewebpages.org...

Thus the much publicised "release" of New Zealand Government UFO files may be much less than originally thought.

Please take a look at the Australian UFO blog at ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by keithb

Is it possible to view these archives digitally? If not we'll just have to wait until Wikileaks provides the public with US cables related to UFOs...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Reply to post by anytimeaware

None of the 13 items I found on UFOs in Archives new Zealand had digital copies. However, if you wish to read some digital material on Australian Government UFO files
go to www.naa.gov.au...
then click on recordsearch in the top right hand corner,
then click on search now as a guest,
then in the box labelled keywords type the words flying objects
You will get a list of about 50 files some of which can be viewed digitally.

Happy reading.

top topics

join