It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faster than light engine design

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
ok, i must have missed something...
so exactly what method are you proposing to keep mass a constant and eliminate the need for an infinite energy supply?

*edit*
Maybe im just focusing on the finer details and not grasping the gist of your schematics

[edit on 25-1-2010 by H4W4II4N_PUNCH]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Difficult to grasp, its actually complicated, but mass increases because gravity compresses energy into matter (wave compression) at speeds approaching c. It's the resistance we need to overcome. Cancel out gravity with an inverse gravity wave, and you no longer compress energy into matter.... hence mass remains constant as you approach c. Not that far fetched, gravity is just a wave. Waves can be cancelled out. Find the amplitude of a gravity wave and invert it. There you go wave cancelled, or at least reduced depending on power requirements.

In all seriousness, FTL without violating the laws of physics. Can anyone with a good physics background try and debunk this. It's a total rework of gravity that still fits into Newtonian physics. This took quite a while, and I am actually looking for serious replys.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by b309302]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
[edit on 25-1-2010 by b309302]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I love this stuff!

I wrote down on paper a few years ago a very similar theory to yours which I based off the origin of gravity and I concluded it had to be a push opposed to a pull.

I see the logic in string theory. With waves you have varying amplitudes, positives, negatives, varying frequencies or wavelengths, adding and cancellation of frequencies, and so on.

Without getting into to much detail, my concept is basically derived from "movement". If an object approaches absolute 0, it emits less frequency radiation. When an object is at absolute 0, it shouldn't emit any radiation at all. Why? Well, even if an object is stationary, near absolute 0 all the smaller particles (neutron, protons, .....)are still moving creating frequency. When at absolute 0, these particle should be motionless, hence no frequency and no radiation.

I always thought that the "movement of mass" is fundamentally responsible for the creation of frequency.

So if this was the case, every single particle, molecule, atom in the universe would emit a frequency. Everything in the Universe that wasn't absolute 0 would emit a frequency.

My basic idea is that the vastness of the universe is bombarding everything everywhere with frequencies. The Earth is bombarded by the universe's frequencies. The earth pushes back because is it made up of much of the same stuff that the universe is, but its scale is much smaller, thus it had less push. So the universes net total push is greater than the Earths.

This is what I think causes Gravity.

Final note. I am no scientist or high intellectual as you can probably tell from my writing, I'm just a guy with a big imagination that is fascinated with this stuff. This concept may already exist or it may be full of holes. In either case, I am completely open and willing to learn anything new or discusss my post.

Thanks for the great post S&F!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
lol, maybe I am completely off topic here, I apologize in advance if that is the case!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Wow where are all the armchair physicists when you need them?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by b309302
Wow where are all the armchair physicists when you need them?

looks like your FTL theoretical design is holding up quite well for the moment...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Moved thread to science and technology

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by b309302

Yeah they have proven it, over and over again. Particles fired up in a particle accelerator to near light speed have much more mass then at rest.

The way to test you theory is apply your wave in the particle accelerator and see what happens to the speed and mass of your particle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join