It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican bank charged with money-laundering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Vatican bank charged with money-laundering

www.presstv.ir

The Bank of the Vatican has been accused of laundering USD 200 million by proxy through an Italian creditor, a report indicates.

The allegation of the Vatican bank's financial corruption has been made by an Italian magazine that pointed to the financial institute's purported involvement in stealth fiscal transactions —via several accounts —with Italy's UniCredit Bank, Russia Today television network quoted the Panorama magazine as reporting.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.alternet.org
www.vaticanbankclaims.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Vatican banker Roberto Calvi

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Although not too surprising since the Vatican Bank is thought of as one of the 'Top 10' Money Laundering institutions. Even the Telegraph mentioned it was nearly impossible to trace money in the Vatican bank back to its source.

At one point, the Vatican was probably the largest private landowner in the world. And don't let those that say that each diocese is the landowner... they all refer to the Vatican.

I doubt this investigation goes anywhere except where the last big one went... Roberto Calvi, a Vatican Banker, was found hanging from scaffolding beneath Blackfriars Bridge in central London in June, 1982.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It would be nice to think that the Vatican would cooperate in any investigation but I tend to agree that the Vatican will take care of this internally and in doing so someone must choke on a chicken bone or die in some seemingly unfortunate accident.

Yes, I am a skeptic, and the Vatican is a den of snakes. Add in the money and you have all the ingredients needed to manifest evil motivations and actions to protect such actions.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I believe in the early part of the 20th century, one pope wanted to give away the Vatican fortune to follow in a jesus-like path.

He was assassinated, and now we have stuff like thistoday.

The corruption runs deep.
Of course they are laundering money.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
the "cover" for the vatican is always the same. the church does so much good work that it would be terribly wrong to dispell its influence in the world. i simply don't know why people continue to go along with this charade. i'm not even sure the church does any good at all, but it certainly shouldn't be acceptable that this arbiter of morality should be allowed to continue in criminality without interference.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
you mean there denying it like the child molestation? noooo well atleast there not blowing each other up

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Vatican City is its own country and they don't have to answer to anybody. They are actually the Religious Center of the Illuminati and the New World Order.

Religion has been used to money launder TRILLIONS of dollars for hundreds of years. This is nothing new.

They create fear such as "God is going to punish you and send you to hell, so donate $100 this month", and people are naive and gullible so they fund the church. The church then uses the money to fund the other 2 pillars which is Inner City London (Financial) and Washington D.C. (Military) to commit genocide and murder millions in the name of "Freedom" and "Christianity".

Don't get me started on pedophilia, child sacrifices, and how they created AIDS to wipe out the African population.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Nothing surprising here, it's time to end the Vatican!
Enuff is ENUFF!

top topics

join