It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's race to the bottom.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
www.economyincrisis.org...

For whatever reason you want to argue why it's happening the simple fact is that it IS happening. The disparity between the haves and the have nots is increasing and in many cases exponentially. Why so many Americans feel this is ok is beyond me. Most of this wealth disparity has been a result of government intervention NOT the free market. This article is a good read. I think MANY Americans don't care about the wealth disparity that is approaching third world levels because everyone thinks one day they are going to be a millionaire and that's why everyone is running around acting as such.......trying to "make it big" in America instead of living life and enjoy what one has. Our obsession with wealth and money and prosperity is out of control. But what do you expect when 70% of our economy is based on consuming.........usually worthless crap in the form of throw away technology and plastic chinese junk. I'm sick of both parties and also think libertarians are misguided for the most part.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This is what happens when hard work and prosperity are punished.

Most people if given the choice to work less and still live comfortably will take it. The government is only too happy to oblige.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Haven't you heard the good news, comrades? The Mainstream Media (AKA "Pravda 2.0") tells us that the recovery is well underway and all is getting better!

We know we can trust them because they are always correct, right?

For example, 1929:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef661eedf2a3.png[/atsimg]

And then 1934:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97cac1e799a0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

But having a prosperous economy where wealth is shared by all and not hoarded by a few means that people should work less and enjoy life a little more. I.e. take machines and technology for example. These things were supposed to make life easier and allow us to work less and focus on other things as human beings......but have they? Sure they have for a small portion of society but on average Americans are working more are more stressed out than ever etc. This whole idea that you have to work like a dog you're whole life is antithetical to human progress and human innovation and life itself. Why are we as human beings in America working harder more and longer than ever. If my grandparents of which my grandmother was a stay at home mother, and my grandfather retired at 55, why the hell am I not retiring at say 45? It doesn't make any sense. Instead my generation will be working till they are 70+ years old.

Just because we "work" less doesn't mean we are unproductive or aren't disciplined in other areas of our life. Why not spend that time working less pursuing education, enjoying traveling, spending more time with our kids and being better spouses, exercising more. I mean that's the whole point of moving forward economically and as a society........to make life shall I say it...........easier and more secure? Instead the wealth in the world and in America the opposite is happening.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
About all you can do is pray. And pray hard.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Prayer wont do a thing. We are responsible for our own prosperity. Its the attitude that we can do nothing that saddens me the most. 6 billion people on the planet and everyone thinks that everyone else wont do anything to change it. We are in this situation because we want to be. If we didn't want to be we would be in revolt.

My oppinion such as it is.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

OK, so you're sick of both parties and think Libertarians are misguided. That doesn't leave much in the spectrum of political systems.

So what IS your political value system? How about sharing some ideas and some solutions instead of just stating the obvious reality.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by amance

Well I believe in SMART government not ideology. And I said libertarians are misguided. They mean well but for example fail to realize that the "private sector" is just as corrupt as the public/government sector. Many libertarians almost border on anarchy. I believe in cooperation and flexibility not dogma and choosing one side or the other. Maybe right now there is not a single political ideology that fits my personal beliefs. That's not to say there won't be one in the near future. We don't have two t.v.s or cellphones to choose from we have hundreds. Why is politics any different?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Deleted post.

It was intended as a u2u.

Sorry.

[edit on 1/24/2010 by Genfinity]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Prayer wont do a thing.

I beg to differ. If anything, we need more prayer, not less. It's the very godless materialism, depravity, greed, immorality, and decadence that led us to our current state of economic affairs.

The economic malaise around us is merely a symptom. The root cause of the economic depression is wholly spiritual in nature.

top topics

join