It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunter's regret after giant kill

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Hunter's regret after giant kill

www.themercury.com.au

"One shot killed the bear instantly," Mr Rayner said.
"I could not believe how large the bear was. It was as big around the arm as I am around the chest.
"It's not a bad honour for a little Tasmanian boy," said Mr Rayner, of Bagdad.
"Safari Club is a club of billionaires, millionaires and aristocratic people you would hardly believe.
"I felt pretty excited but to tell you the truth I will never shoot another bear
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
There was no reason what so ever to shoot this Bear!
This 67yr old Coward realisers after the kill he should not of shot the Grizzly! a retired teacher.

Would this be an Alaska Tourism attraction to allow this Slaughter?

Zelong.

www.themercury.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I made this same mistake - when I was like 9 or 10 years old and I haven't killed an animal since.

This just shows how immature and detached from reality this adult is. What did he think was going to happen?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I agree with you, One less.

I'm at a loss for words, bye sugar bear.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
jsut by a quick show of hands, how many of you in this therad eat meat?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm certainly not in any way against hunting, but I don't think I'd have any interest in shooting a bear purely for sport, either. Its too bad this guy didn't realize his own misgivings about it beforehand.

That said, I'm not sure why this is 'Breaking News'.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

Don't start with your antimeat bullcrap. Because that's what it is. There is a sustainable humane ecologically way to harvest animals and eat meat. Consumers most definitely have a choice in how their meat is raised and harvested. Don't throw all meat eaters under the bus. Also Bears are a much rarer animal than a pig or a cow.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
What's the sport in killing an animal that is going about his business equipped with natural weapons that are no match against a powerful gun?

Just sad.

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
Here is my hand.
I am a meat eater.

Maybe that's why I didn't wrote "jsut" and "therad".

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Another show of hands... how many people here eat bear?

Funny that, no hands! You can't relate any form of hunting or killing to people eating meet. What right does a human have to kill any animal any more than the right they have to kill another human?

Killing for food is nature, killing for sport is ignorant and evil.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Another show of hands... how many people here eat bear?

Not that I've ever tried it, but some bear hunters here in the US actually do eat them. I don't think that's what happened here, mind you.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
If you are going out, go out BIG!

If you went fishing for the first time and caught a world record fish, why even bother trying again?

Great kill brother! A memory for a lifetime!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I do because if GOD did not want to me eat meat he would not have made animals out of it or make them so damm tasty

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I used to hunt and I have eaten bear meat, though I would never kill a bear myself unless I were starving to death.
That said, trophy hunting is about a low as humans can go aside from killing innocent people. I'm sure the culture he was raised in thought this would be OK. Many Africans are that way. I think this bear opened his eyes. Hopefully his trophy hunting days are over.
I did want to add that in many places, particularly Alaska, trophy hunting brings in big $$$$ to the local community. If we want to stop this type of thing we have to find a way to replace the money that would be lost to the local economies. That goes for many other places as well. i suppose wildlife tours and photo safaris are probably the best replacements for trophy animals.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

There was no reason whatsoever to kill that bear. People fish either to eat or for sport and when it is for sport they are realeased again afterwards.
How can you even compare hunting bears to fishing, "brother"?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I used to hunt and I have eaten bear meat, though I would never kill a bear myself unless I were starving to death.
That said, trophy hunting is about a low as humans can go aside from killing innocent people. I'm sure the culture he was raised in thought this would be OK. Many Africans are that way. I think this bear opened his eyes. Hopefully his trophy hunting days are over.
I did want to add that in many places, particularly Alaska, trophy hunting brings in big $$$$ to the local community. If we want to stop this type of thing we have to find a way to replace the money that would be lost to the local economies. That goes for many other places as well. i suppose wildlife tours and photo safaris are probably the best replacements for trophy animals.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Asktheanimals]

I have no problem with people hunting then eating there kill regardless of what it is but I can never grasp this idea of trophy hunting. Animal versus rifle from a distance does not have a chance how can this be a sport.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

That's stupid - the bear was not killed for it's meat... Your comment is pointless.

I eat meat, I kill sometimes for that meat (very rarely because I have no real need) It does not mean I go around knocking off animals for no other reason than to let everyone know I have a big gun.

The amount of effort and expense people go to to relocate problem bears and here is one minding his own business munching on the wild life. Jerk.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Do any of you grasp that hunting serves a purpose beyond the meat? What natural predators do bears have? What happens when the population gets too big for the area? Or would you kind hearted folks rather the animals starve? Just wait the wolves will be next to be hunted again. And before that statement gets jumped on, ask yourself how would you feel if the wolves were eating your pets?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I come from a family of hunters.

Sport hunting....Epic Fail.

However I will have to say that a bear steak is really really good folks. There was is no reason to have these places where billionaires and millionaires go "hunting" on reserves where there are FENCES!

That is not hunting.

Lewis black said it best.

Ohh what's gonna happen, your gonna go : Hey! We've got the deer in the corner let's get him

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Do any of you grasp that hunting serves a purpose beyond the meat? What natural predators do bears have? What happens when the population gets too big for the area? Or would you kind hearted folks rather the animals starve? Just wait the wolves will be next to be hunted again. And before that statement gets jumped on, ask yourself how would you feel if the wolves were eating your pets?

You have a valid point there nothing wrong with population control either but is it not a fine balance between control and out right killing because you want to stuff and mount it?

If memory serves the wolves introduced into Yellowstone are killing or having a go at killing bears.

I do also beleive that nature will deal wih over population in time but nature does not take into account town cities ect so some form of man made population control is needed at times.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join