It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad serves up bitter-sweet world view

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Ahmadinejad serves up bitter-sweet world view

www.reuters.com

ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Building atom bombs is stupid. America must ditch Israel to gain friends in the Middle East. We need love and spirituality, not failed capitalist consumerism.

The world according to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is not without surprises. He expounds his views with rhetorical flourishes, jabs at his foes and occasional flashes of humor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Hello ATSers.

Ahmedinejad, everybody had an opinion about that man, would he really build a A-bomb, our does he wishes to export more oil and fuel his county with nuclear driven facilities.

I really like his speech like I liked more speeches from him. He is talking really good words. Also I think he has to deal just like Chavez with a world power on the loose. Just kidding here.

I just think a lot of people have to change their opinion about some foreign leaders. The TV news that are making them look like the devil isn't that reliable.

Peace people.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Completely agree. The MSM tries to make Chavez, Castro, and Ahmadinejad look like the Antichrist or cruel tyrants to their people, they like to report whenever there is opposition to these people in their countries. Why don't we talk about Wen Jibao, or the Saudi King, or maybe even Netenyahu they are all bad but there is no word of that. Why? Because they offer us stuff unlike those ungreateful little bastards that oppose capitalism, corporations and high profits.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Vincent84

Dont expect this thread to live .

The haters just want to hate , for no reason , other than they are told to.

Promote Ignorance

new motto for ATS

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Ahmadinejad is a populist and a demagogue. Iran is a beautiful country with a very dangerous zealous extremist leadership. The Iranians are proud and smart people. Without these extremists, Iran would be a thriving regional power, especially taking into account their huge natural reserves.

The US is far from perfect, but perhaps you pro-Ahmadinejad people can stop acting as if he's the good guy, because he is not, the party he represents is the reason why the Iranian people suffer so badly.

Iran to hang teenage girl who fought back against rapists

A teenage girl in Iran has been sentenced to death by hanging after she admitted that she accidentally killed a man who was trying to rape her and her niece.

We need love and spirituality right?

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Ahmadinejad is a populist and a demagogue. Iran is a beautiful country with a very dangerous zealous extremist leadership. The Iranians are proud and smart people. Without these extremists, Iran would be a thriving regional power, especially taking into account their huge natural reserves.

The US is far from perfect, but perhaps you pro-Ahmadinejad people can stop acting as if he's the good guy, because he is not, the party he represents is the reason why the Iranian people suffer so badly.

Compared to most other countries , are they so bad off, even if it was up
to outsiders to Judge.

Are there other countries in the region that make other countries "suffer so badly"?

Maybe the light of day should be shone on them ?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

You don't think the main reason the people suffer over there is because Iran is not compliant enough to tptb. And for that reason they try to break the country. That mean if they suffer a lot you say it. Don't you think the main stream media is getting all the nasty stuff that happens over there and feed your brains with that stuff? Just so you can say on a forum that he is dangerous. Do you think Ahmedinedjad knows everything what happens in Iran. Do you think Obama knows everything what is going on in the USA?

I don't see cops tasering old laddies in the USA on the news.

Well peace mate.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I respect the Iranian people, Even more so when they stood up for themselves a while back. I'm not so sure that i like Ahmadinejad though, but i do have respect for him sticking up to our government. Maybe they want nuclear weapons or maybe not. I'm not going to let the MSM or TPTB decide that for me. I'm pretty sure they are smart enough to figure out that nuclear war is futile and if they launch such an attack they would be wiped off the face of the earth before the second one launches. I do agree that we must back away from Israel a bit as to work things out with the middle east; a show of respect and understanding. Unfortunately our leaders see too much in it for themselves when partnered with Israel, so i wouldn't bet on Iran and America garnering a lasting peaceful relationship.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The words our the correct words however a man or women must be the change they wish to see in the world and I don't see a correlation between what he says and what he does.

He would do well to heed his own advice and truly give the TPTB a very tough time demonizing Iran. I don't see that peace loving hippy philosophy come through at all but I must admit, what I see and hear of the man is awlays from the media so I can except that it may be delivered with a certain spin.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
We live in a world full of lies, lies cover lies... and in this world good is prosecuted... they make you see heaven like hell and hell like heaven... its the NWO, and for that to work so we can become slaves to the elites, they must destroy iran through a war, they must use haarp to cause some weird earth quakes... they must cause more famine in africa, they must create chaos and most importantly, get us to obey them...

so like we watch the people die in Gaza, and starve in Ethiopia and do nothing about it, that day will come for us, when we will need help but the whole world will just watch us... what goes around comes around... the next few decades will be so hard to live through

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I just think a lot of people have to change their opinion about some foreign leaders.

True, as some people still take people like Ahmadinejad seriously.

The TV news that are making them look like the devil isn't that reliable.

Iranian state TV does a fine job on its own because they just aren't clever enough to hide the truth from the astute.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Originally posted by Sean48

Dont expect this thread to live .

Because you have little to talk about that's logical?

The haters just want to hate , for no reason , other than they are told to.

Promote Ignorance

new motto for ATS

So your job is to serve up hate, just at a different angle.

Plain facts without silly catchphrases and comments of hatred, both on ATS and in western media. And the facts speak for themselves about people like Ahmadi.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Compared to most other countries , are they so bad off, even if it was up
to outsiders to Judge.

The prospect of a failed state, a completely collapsed economy, a collapsing banking system, taking 3 zero's off the currency etc. All bad news when the regime can't pay some of its workers, and continues to squander money and keep it all for themselves.

Nothing to do with anyone judging, it's the plain facts again that speak for themselves, and both astute ordinary people in Iran and elsewhere can see this quite clearly.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Completely agree. The MSM tries to make Chavez, Castro, and Ahmadinejad look like the Antichrist or cruel tyrants to their people, they like to report whenever there is opposition to these people in their countries. Why don't we talk about Wen Jibao, or the Saudi King, or maybe even Netenyahu they are all bad but there is no word of that. Why? Because they offer us stuff unlike those ungreateful little bastards that oppose capitalism, corporations and high profits.

Chavez, Castro, and Ahmadinejad are cruel tyrants to their people. I am sure if the Saudi king stood up and made stupid speeches, blabbered on for hours and acting like a moron then MSM (and the rest of the press) would report it.

Regards

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vincent84
reply to post by Mdv2

You don't think the main reason the people suffer over there is because Iran is not compliant enough to tptb. And for that reason they try to break the country. That mean if they suffer a lot you say it. Don't you think the main stream media is getting all the nasty stuff that happens over there and feed your brains with that stuff? Just so you can say on a forum that he is dangerous. Do you think Ahmedinedjad knows everything what happens in Iran. Do you think Obama knows everything what is going on in the USA?

I don't see cops tasering old laddies in the USA on the news.

Obviously Iran fails to play according to the rules set out by the West and that certainly affects the Iranian economy, but that has no connection to Sharia law, the lack of freedom and democracy, for which the current leadership and their predecessors bear full responsibility. I don't need the propaganda crap on Western TV to form my own opinion.

I am of opinion that Iran has a dangerous leadership because they fail to comply with the West and its institutions regarding its nuclear program, which have offered plenty of opportunities to Iran so that they can achieve their goal in a way that the West can live with it. (officially, the objective is to enrich uranium for energy purposes). Iran has constantly been trying to buy time while running the enrichment program at full speed. Everytime they said they'd be willing to co-operate they eventually declined to realize their loose words. Now it has turned out that Iran has multiple other enrichment facilities of which they announced one officially and only once it turned out that Western intelligence discovered it. And you are wondering why I think that they are evil?

Although I have long given Iran the benefit of the doubt, it cannot be any longer denied that Iran is attempting to build a bomb. The chance they are is bigger than the chance they are not.

However, I will tell you something. For quite some time I have been on the Iranian side - thinking that it would be good to have another nuclear power in the region to balance Israel - so that they will think twice before committing war crimes. I am not afraid that Iran would use that weapon against Israel directly, but the problem is the possibility of Iran offering weapon grade uranium to its proxies that on the contrary would not hesitate to use it against Israel. I don't have to tell you that such an event would mean total annihilation of the Middle East. For that reason Iran cannot be allowed to have nuclear grade uranium.

Last, there's no doubt on my mind that Ahmadinejad knows perfectly well about their Sharia courts, nor should there be a doubt on yours. Regarding the tasering example, that's an incident that has happened a number of times and in most cases not purposefully. Additionally, it is in conflict with the US law, while these cruel executions in Iran for the smallest crimes or ''violations'' are in full conformity with their law!

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Is Iran the worst country in the region?

No.

Some would argue that honour goes to the glorious allies of the US, a country with no democratic government, who follow an extreme version of the koran and who produce terrorists in abundance, preaching against the "evil" west while the same people that promote this view shake hands and do business with western governments and oil companies.

The US blithely turns a blind eye to this despotic regime - a regime that sends it's "preachers" to foreign countries to spread their version of Islam, which is extreme, and encourages and some might say recruits "martyrs" for their cause in mosques all over Europe and other places.

So, why does the bastion of democracy and peoples rights allow this state to exist, given the furore they have created over a democratic theocracy which has the biggest jeweish and christian population of any mid east country?

The answer, as ever, is simple.

The SAUDI royal family are friends and business colleagues of some of the most powerfull people in the US.

Irans mistake was to stop trading in dollars for oil, and to actually get pee'd off at imperialistic attampts to control their governments and people via the puppet that was the Shah, and his CIA trained and controlled SAVAK.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I wish I could shake your hand sir.

Stars just seem so unworthy of your post.

Well written.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
The SAUDI royal family are friends and business colleagues of some of the most powerfull people in the US.

The Saudi Royal house is not any better indeed and in fact, its totally ridiculous that they are not criticized for their practices, but as you correctly noticed, they are on our side so they are allowed to do so. It's wrong, it's outrageous and unfair. However, this thread is about Iran, not about Saudi Arabia. With all due respect, mirroring is a sign of weakness.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I have to agree. I see other presidents and heads of state writing articles and educating their people. I see Hugo Chavez going on tv every weekend to answer questions from his constituents, to TAKE CALLS ON AIR, and to explain what he does. I recall several years ago i saw Vlad Putin go on air and educate his people and the world on the history of Georgia and south ossetia/abkhazia. From the 1800's!!! He was extremely intelligent, and gave detailed political history. I have NEVER seen any of our recent presidents stoop to speaking without a writeup, to explaining ANYTHING in other than preschool terms, or even sounding remotely intelligent (except for obama....so he speaks well, yay.)

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Originally posted by budski

The Saudi Royal house is not any better indeed and in fact, its totally ridiculous that they are not criticized for their practices, but as you correctly noticed, they are on our side so they are allowed to do so. It's wrong, it's outrageous and unfair. However, this thread is about Iran, not about Saudi Arabia. With all due respect, mirroring is a sign of weakness.

I disagree.

One cannot possibly critisize Iran without direct comparison to the REAL despotic regime in the region, and the reasons behind it.

The thread addresses the media "spin" on why Iran is viewed in the way it is, and IMO this is probably the most important factor.

According to the MSM (who in turn "speak" for government, as an extension and disseminator of official policy) Iran = BAD, Saudi = GOOD

It can be clearly seen by anyone that Iran is a better place to live than Saudi, especially for women, but this is ignored.

The bottom line is that Iran has a great deal of reason to dislike the US and UK (albeit to a lesser extent) and that the reasons why they do, have been glossed over by revisionist spin of the MSM.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join