It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Believe In UFO's" Tv documentary

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The title is not a personal statement of mine im making this thread to highlight a TV programme upcoming on British television called I believe in UFO's,

It a TV programme about some of the most intriguing sightings that have happened specifically in the UK as well as crop circles, talking to people who have witnessed UFO’s (including Robbie Williams) and also he talks to people who claims to have been abducted by ETS.

It begins on Tuesday, January 26th, 21:00 on BBC Three

Duration 60 minutes

Danny Dyer goes on a quest to spot a UFO, spurred on by a meeting with his boyhood hero Sir Patrick Moore. Danny examines reported UFO landing sites and the sinister evidence that aliens may have been conducting scientific experiments here in Britain.

He meets witnesses who claim to have seen UFOs and one man who says he can prove he's been abducted by aliens. Danny's search for his own close encounter takes him all the way to the UFO Research Centre in Portland, Oregon.

It Sounds extremely interesting and im sure that it’s a subject alot of people here are interested in and would enjoy watching

Thanks.

EDIT: edited the title to add tv documentary to avoid confusion

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing this,

here's a link
www.bbc.co.uk...

To me, the title sounds like some very bad choice of words: the sentence "I believe in UFO" means more or less the same as "I believe in the Moon" or "I believe in oceans" or "I believe in cats".
UFOs are not something that has yet to be proven to exist, they're some CONFIRMED phenomena that in many cases are far away from being explained: the "U" stands for unidentified: and since it does exist a huge case history of unexplained sightings, there's no need of anyone "believing" in them: they do exists whatever they are and regardless people "believe" they do exist or don't.
I have also to say that i'm always very distrustful towards new TV programs until I watch them: too many times it has happened that some apparently serious program turned out to be some show which only purpose was to achieve some good Nielsen ratings (read "sensationalistic journalism") rather than to provide some good informations based on evidences and detailed reports:
let's wait and see if their criteria used in choosing research material is more reliable than the one used in choosing the title of the program.
Thanks again

[edit on 23/1/2010 by internos]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Danny Dyer seems to me to be an ood choice for hosting this programme. It's a big leap from football violence and 'firms'. Sounds interesting however and I'll certainly watch on I player later in the week. thanks for the heads up.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

Oh definitely I really wouldn’t have pictured him on a TV programme like this in a millions years.

But oh well im sure it'll be interesting al the same and I think he's quite a good presenter anyway.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
I have also to say that i'm always very distrustful towards new TV programs until I watch them

To echo Chonx's sentiments Danny Dyers is probably better suited to a show like "How to beat up aliens and escape anal probing" than a genuine research show on the UFO phenomena.

Plus it's Beeb 3 which means it's certainly gonna be crap, full of hip pop-culture references and incredibly simple to follow.

Now if BBC 2 or 4 did a show on it - fine. But I'm predicting that this show will likely propagate the stigma of stupidity that sticks to this field of research.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The issue is not if the UFOs exist or not.
The issue is what they are, from where they comes and to who they belong to...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

I've edited the title btw and added it to the bottom of my Opening post

Should be an interesting programme still though IMO something worth watching and if its crap then well its BBC3

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Sounds good
Danny Dyer seemed like an odd choice but it's got me excited in a way! I wonder if Sir Patrick Moore was Dyer's childhood hero because of Games Master?
I'm hoping BBC3 take my show pitch into consideration, because it plays on the fact Danny Dyer has now affiliated himself with the crowd. This is a good thing though. Celebrities interested in aliens & UFOs is far more interesting to me than ghosts, especially if they're going to make programmes out of it.

Dyer has a real chance to find some real evidence, and if BBC3 sorted him with some IR equipment there's no reason he wouldn't have some physical proof for himself. Unlike ghost programmes, aliens/UFOs are part of our dimensions so they're easy to get on tape (providing they are about) but ghosts leave not much more than pops, crackles & some spooky stories. I guess time will tell. Funny how this awesome C4 ad is running at the same sort of time, too: www.youtube.com...

[edit on 23-1-2010 by markymint]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This is another sign that Disclosure may be closer to us that most of us realize!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
aliens/extraterrestrials/ufos are in reality jinn, on other words they are other being who live in our world but are unseen unless a stargate is opened between the two realities, then they can enter our world

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I watched the episode before this one earlier titled, i believe in ghosts. I was not impressed, the dude they had hosting it was an idiot and they failed to get any slightly compelling evidence. Long story short - I'm not holding out any hope for the next ep with Danny dyer.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Just giving this thread a quick bump as it appears on tv tonight!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I will definitely try to watch this tonight, we don't get many programmes of this nature on British TV do we?

I can understand the other posters reservations about the quality of the programme with it being on BBC3 and presented by Danny Dyer, but you never know, and lets face it, there's sod all else on the box at the moment.

I will let you know what I thought about it tomorrow.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Eevee]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

The title isn't designed to be confusing it is part of a small series entitled 'I Believe IN' by different (minor) 'celebrities' ! For example last week it was 'I Believe in Ghost's' With Joe Swash (?)!

Next weeks is 'I Believe In...ME with Katie Price (Jordan) or not as i made that up !

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

Yes but since this week's episode is called "i believe in UFO's" it really means "i believe in unidentified flying object's" which are 100% real.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Did anyone else watch the ghosts episode yet? I thought it was terrible and I'm not looking forward to tonights ep......although I'll probably end up watching it......and It'll probably be rubbish but hey, we'll see.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Found this documentary series on youtube which I thought was quite interesting to do with UFOs. Its a 10 part series. Sorry if its been posted before on this site.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
In a few weeks it's 'I Believe In...Cakes with Sarah Lee & Mr Kipling !

[edit on 063131p://01America/Chicago26 by ProRipp]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Hey! I suppose it'll be worth a watch, but i wonder how serious Mr Dyer will be. On his other shows he's got to be respectfull due too the Hard Nuts he's interviwing.
But whats the chances that this'll be used as another oppertunity to laugh at the UFO community?
It'll probably talk to the 'excentric' belivers and play daft/cheesy music over each interviwe.
I really hope that dosnt happen and that its taken seriously. And... Patrick Moore is Dyers boyhood Hero? Let the lie's commence.....

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
thanks for this - remote record request sent as I will be watching Avatar tonight....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join