It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girls take on Monsanto

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
So the FDA cares about calories but not about poison? Makes sense. We need a good VISUAL website alerting consumers to Monsanto products so we can better remember what NOT to buy. Nothing complex, just thumbnails of products that have been modified/poisoned. If something like this exists, please let me know.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus

life spans are longer now than ever before, populations are healthier, technology is progressing. There are problem areas that need to be resolved, but overall, GMO crops have also stemmed hunger in many parts of the world and allowed for people to get out of a cycle of despair from drought and crop failure.

Old hippy women spouting "the scientists say" game is not convincing me one way or the other.

What Suzuki says is more correct, "they don't know", but then, we didn't know that carrots were ok to eat until the 15h century! we didn't eat potatoes before either in the medieval times because they weren't fit for human consumption.

Besides, if humans are decimated and brought down in numbers because of some folly in our food production, then I don't see how that's a bad thing for the world overall, although it would be a tragedy for those individuals, it would be a boon to the planet! lol

Life span is nolonger than it was, the number of people living longer may have increased, but I would not besure about the qualityof life.

If you think these are old ladies, you must be around 11 or 12, and if companies like Monsanto keep up what they are doing you will be lucky if you see 16, maybe 20 at the most.

Maybe it would have been better, if they had never discovered carrots and potatoes were eatable.

If people lived to be 1000 because of what they ate, that would be something, but don't worry that's not going to happen anytime soon, we are going backward not forward.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Don't worry. With the latest Supreme Court ruling, we'll be able to choose between Monsanto candidates A or B. Then the giant international agri-business corporations..excuse me, legislatures... will pass laws to silence these girls, as their speech will be determined treasonous and sold to the people as the equivalent of shouting "Fire!".

At this point in time, consumers still can demand unadulterated foods. If more consumers demand organic, for example, organic will be the way to farm, and retailers will try to meet demand. The more demand, the more prices should come down, made up in volume.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki

First of all, why is the cast made up of women? I did not recognize Monsanto in the title so I figured the video was about some feminine product. Then I realized that is wasn't and that left me wondering why this video was made up of women?

heh, sexist much?

So, when you see a video with just men, do you initially assume they are selling protein shakes or beer? what a very small box you must live in.

must confuse you when they show videos of both men and women.

How about instead of focusing in on the sex of the person, you listen to what they are saying...might help clear the confusion up.

As far as target audience...I would venture to say its a "empowering women to speak out" video which caters to other women, liberated men, and people without girlfriends that just watched em cause some of them are not too hard on the eyes.

seriously though...I enjoy sexism as a humorous way to interact with girl/friends, but you might want to reflect on yourself...you seem to truely have a sexist outlook..do groups of women talking scare you (vanilla sky...however thats relevant)

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Its a really good video, and the ending tells us exactly how to proceed, but its true with their sony movies and music and copyrights and everything. BOYCOT all these foods, grow our own and order seed kits, sprouting kits, and phone, our local represntatives and tell them once a week, what you're doing and why. Also boycott sony and all entertainment. Let musicians and actors know why as well, and that until all copyright is gone and control over by the fascists, they will need to form their own groups for us to buy from independents. This works for everything.

Make in your town, city, a message board. Make that board, which would be like ats, a small forum, with areas for petitions, and round table signing (NOT ON OUR WATCH!), a real wake up to the people. Get them onto the board, by linking this to a free advertiser. So teenagers walkikng dogs, and small local artists, crafters and organic food growers can create profiles, alot like ning does, where you click into your profile and its your advertiser for your product or service. Locally you cant afford to be pure in your message, you have to pull them in.

Then advertise this on free message boards and perhaps some handouts and some small ads occasionally.

NOT ON OUR WATCH.

And if tehy ever sue you for anything, its time to ensure we don't allow martyrs. IE. Round table signatures from all willing to show up in court and say, None of US will comply with this law, release our freedom fighter honest citizen now, YOU ARE ALL THE CRIMINALS. We will be pressing charges against this entire court and judge, and perform citizens arrests unless you drop these ridiculous TREASONOUS charges now.

We have to make some noise, right, and back each other. Cover each other's back. Being timid and accepting legistation our employee group, elected people, pass as if they are laws, they're not they're just bills and most of them are actually crimes against humanity, therefore it is illegal to comply with any of them.

Lets get in gear. This must be stopped. We should all write in and phone, NOT ON OUR WATCH. And tell them its over, this, nwo, everything. We the people will not tolerate their treason or crimes against humanity any longer. We the people will ensure, if they are foolish enough to pass these acts/bills/legislations, or not label things clearly as we wish, that they will never see public office again, and not only that, we will destroy them financially. We will blacklist all businesses they are party to, and boycott them so they can find out what living in a cardboard box truly feels like!

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
One
People

One
Planet

One
LOVE

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

And if tehy ever sue you for anything, its time to ensure we don't allow martyrs. IE. Round table signatures from all willing to show up in court and say, None of US will comply with this law, release our freedom fighter honest citizen now, YOU ARE ALL THE CRIMINALS. We will be pressing charges against this entire court and judge, and perform citizens arrests unless you drop these ridiculous TREASONOUS charges now.

This is some incredibly bad advice, probably because of the differences between your Canadian law and the US law. In Canada you are allowed to arrest based on belief that a crime has been committed. In the US a person making a citizens arrest has to be right, absolutely right. And in most states, it must be a felony. No matter what reasonable cause you have to believe that the person committed a crime, if you are wrong, you get convicted for assault, kidnapping, etc. Trying to make a citizen's arrest is really stupid and very dangerous. If the arrestor is wrong, the arrestee is allowed to kill him rather than be subjected to an unlawful arrest, assuming force is used or threatened to make an arrest. And the governent has little incentive to convict the arrestee. So you get to hire and pay for a special prosecuting attorney. And you hd better win.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hey folks, look what I found.

Branch thread

Send a fax to Monsanto

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

I would do it with numbers then, telling them and saying no and protecting each other and rasising signatures until they really see that the numbers will boycott them, their term in office, fire them, never re-elect them, and boycott all personal businesses, along with making sure you go the changes you want.

In ohter words you guys have to get together and educate each other and overhaul laws. We all do, not just the US. This is a global fight.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcjace
reply to post by googolplex

Yes the farmer will have to pay monsanto because a law was in place in the 90's creating the "patent to life" rights. Monsanto can sue because you now have their DNA in your crop, eventhough it was caused by "nature".

This is why I despise Monsanto. The sole purpose of these lawsuits are to force all farmers to buy their products or face the possibility of being driven to bankruptcy by Monsanto's lawyers if they find any plants or seeds on your property.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sianara
there is an 8 digit number on all foods, if it starts with 8 it has GMO if it starts with 9 its organic.

Hmm, I just checked the fresh broccoli I bought; I didn't see any numbers stamped on it. Where did you hear this incorrect information?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There is no evidence to support that Einstien made the quote that if the bees disappeared all humans would be gone withing 5 years.

HOWEVER, I find it interesting that the bees disappearance began in late 2006, and the world is scheduled to end in 2012. Okay, it is 6 years, but he was close!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I've been protesting Monsanto for years starting with BGH and their lobbying to avoid labeling. Then a buddy worked for them in Texas and recounted horror stories about environmental abuses. But my interesting story is this:

My wife bought some Round-Up and asked me to kill the weeds in the driveway. I examined the back of the sprayer for directions and warnings, thinking this stuff probably requires scrutiny. The label on the back was triangular and explained how to use the product, but no real warnings.

So, I merrily go about spraying away. There's a wind and the spray is blowing back on me. The cat mosies by, gets sprayed a bit ( but I'm not too concerned 'cause I checked the label!) and I almost finish the job but have to go before I can complete spraying.

The next day, grabbing the sprayer from the shed I think," gotta check that label again 'cause it's Monsanto and it's sure to be deadly". When rechecking the label, I notice something I missed the previous day: In tiny print in one of the triangle's corners are the words "Peal Back". Dutifully, I pull back the corner and have in front me 2 pages of (I paraphrase) "This stuff's gonna kill you!!"

I wonder....why? Why would Monsanto not put the important warning data plain sight, conspicuously alerting us to the dangers of their product? Why? I think, "You stupid idiot--it's Monsanto!!" They probably lobbied for years to try and avoid labeling at all, much less hide it on page 2.

Anyway, about 4 months later the cat died of kidney failure.(R.I.P. Ben)

Please inform me of any organized opposition to the existence of Monsanto. They are evil!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Actually Monsanto's patents start to expire, with its Roundup Ready Soybean trait patent in 2014.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

Women tend to pay attention to this sort of thing. They feed their families - their children, themselves. I wonder how many men even are aware of this - or how many would speak out.
Not to be sexist - it's just the differences in the way the genders tend to express themselves and think.

And this not to say that there are not plenty of women who could give a damn as well - it is only to say that the percentage of those aware in regards to gender probably leans higher toward female.

And men are still quite prominent in corporate interest - It would be interesting to see how many women are actually employed at high level in Monsanto.

They are repeating it over and over - because we are thick headed.
Our food source should have never reached this level of deception - but we don't pay attention - and here you have it. We should have always known what was going into our bodies - it is criminal. And they know it - and now - so do we.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Janice Fiels (Pres/CEO of McDonalds) is a Director of Monsanto. As is Gwen King, who is also a Director of Lockheed Martin. 2 VPs are female.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd
reply to post by spinkyboo

Janice Fiels (Pres/CEO of McDonalds) is a Director of Monsanto. As is Gwen King, who is also a Director of Lockheed Martin. 2 VPs are female.

Interesting -
Thanks for that info!
And I'm sure there are more in there -
And there you have it -
Woman are nasty and will sell out too.
It's too bad.
So then I guess it really is a good thing that we
have woman like the ones in the video - to counter.
And I hope more men at the top get involved and
it would be good if Mrs. Obama spread the word as well.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by spinkyboo]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeBrew

I would like to see some science to back these claims. From what I understand these foods are equal to or better for you then the organic one's

www.cnn.com...

Just my two cents.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lkelly1965
reply to post by StrangeBrew

I would like to see some science to back these claims. From what I understand these foods are equal to or better for you then the organic one's

www.cnn.com...

Just my two cents.

I'd like to see some science to back your understanding

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Proof? Hmmm....lets see where codex alimenatirius and all this manipulation of our foods began.

www4.dr-rath-foundation.org...

www4.dr-rath-foundation.org...

In the previous chapter, we saw that BASF, Bayer and Hoechst were the principal actors behind Hitler's conquests of power and the main beneficiaries of his campaigns of total global domination. But there is more. Together these three firms owned 100% of IG Auschwitz, the largest industrial complex outside the borders of the German Reich. The Auschwitz concentration camp was nothing more than an industrial slave labor compound for these large firms....

Just fifteen years after they were convicted in the Nuremberg War Crimes Tribunal, these companies were again the architects of the next major human rights offences. In 1962, they established the Codex Alimentarius Commission.

This dark period of German history is inextricably bound to one man, Fritz ter Meer.

* He was a member of the Managing Board of IG Farben from its inception to its dissolution. As the Wartime Manager, he was responsible for IG Auschwitz.
* In the Nuremberg Tribunal, ter Meer stated: "Forced labor did not inflict any remarkable injury, pain, or suffering on the detainees, particularly since the alternative for these workers would have been death."
* In 1948, ter Meer was sentenced by the Nuremberg Tribunal to seven years in prison for plundering and slavery.
* In 1952, his sentence was commuted, due to the influence of powerful friends.
* From 1956-1964, he was reinstated as a member of the Managing Board of Bayer AG.
* In 1962, ter Meer was one of the architects of the Codex Alimentarius Commission and one of the main designers of the schemes that would profit from human suffering.

The deceptive title "Codex Alimentarius" is no accident. It was devised by the same firms and indeed the same individuals, who gave the Auschwitz concentration camp inmates the deceptive slogan "Arbeit mach frei" ("Work makes you free").

oh my, we owe it all to Fritz ter Meer (1884-1967)

This man was sentenced to 7 years in jail for his owrk in IG Farben, and while behind bars thought up the way to control the world was to control the food, and when he was released, he went before the UN.. Can you imagine? This ex war criminal nazi was given an ear!!!! Hard to grasp really. And then , they loved it, and formed the codex alimentirius. Nice to have the Monsanto's head's wife on the codex committe eh?

freedominacage.com...
www.cephas-library.com...

www.naturalnews.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join