It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girls take on Monsanto

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Awesome girls take on Monsanto and their GMO with a youtube collaboration

Go girls!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I realize that there might be a issue with any sort of food which is scientifically enhanced. Something else caught much attention here and that is these creepy videos. This one has the whole "Vanilla Sky" feeling to it.

First of all, why is the cast made up of women? I did not recognize Monsanto in the title so I figured the video was about some feminine product. Then I realized that is wasn't and that left me wondering why this video was made up of women? I also wondered what the propose of the music was. The constant repeating of certain lines almost made me feel as if they were trying to hammer the idea into my head.

Basically, who was the target market for this video? Sometimes people say that TV is constantly hammering us with subliminal messages. I say that TV has nothing on some of the videos that people here call informative.

Sianara, the message is valid. We need to take a closer look at the food we eat today. The creepy factor of the video pushed me over the edge this time.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sianara

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7f159c07101.jpg[/atsimg]

Scary stuff. This stuff could be killing off the bees and it's effects on humans haven't been studied. As far as we know, it could be eating away at us from the inside.

Right now there is no way to tell if the food you're buying is GMO. The FDA refuses to make them lable the food. Monsanto even sued a company for advertizing "GMO free" on it's packaging.

Is there somewhere we could get a transcript of that?

Great post.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'm tired of people bashing Monsanto. It happens to be my favorite company, Where else can you find 1 company where EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE will be facing Hell Fire when they die. (and yes, probably die by one of their own products)

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
I realize that there might be a issue with any sort of food which is scientifically enhanced. Something else caught much attention here and that is these creepy videos. This one has the whole "Vanilla Sky" feeling to it.

First of all, why is the cast made up of women? I did not recognize Monsanto in the title so I figured the video was about some feminine product. Then I realized that is wasn't and that left me wondering why this video was made up of women? I also wondered what the propose of the music was. The constant repeating of certain lines almost made me feel as if they were trying to hammer the idea into my head.

You're right, the vid does kinda remind me of those creepy "I didn't know" ads they used to create a fear of HPV just before they rolled out their magical Gardicil vaccine to save women from a threat that, before the "I didn't know" campeign, nobody knew or worried about.

The message of the vid is good. The presentation is kreepy.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Great message. Very important to consider seriously.

Makes me thankful that the weekly Farmer's Market is within walking distance.

Support your local food growers.

[s/f]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by Sianara

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7f159c07101.jpg[/atsimg]

Right now there is no way to tell if the food you're buying is GMO. The FDA refuses to make them lable the food. Monsanto even sued a company for advertizing "GMO free" on it's packaging.

Great post.

there is an 8 digit number on all foods, if it starts with 8 it has GMO if it starts with 9 its organic.

also check out the original youtube video which has some great links to get up to speed on Monsanto and GMO foods

www.youtube.com...

To the negative comments on here, this is not a professional ad, its a group of girls from all over the world who are friends on youtube that decided to make a collaboration video.

in my opinion, its great for a home made project.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Hi, "good food" fans.

__The way we do NOT eat GMOs is: we eat BIO only, almost.
And in Canada, I think/hope to be able to do it for a long time.

If it is not BIO, we try NOT to buy ! !
If we have to buy non-BIO, we check the ingredient list, and we make SURE
there is no MSG ( monosodium glutamate monosodium ) GMS.

And about the crazy Monsanto?:
You MUST know about " Round-up ready " stuff ! ! !

Round-up is a ***KILL ALL*** herbicide.
We did see it at work, on my neighbour's grass !
It got ALL yellow. Nothing **alive** was left ! ! !
He wanted to build a small shed and have NOTHING to grow under it!
Round-up made it ! !

Now, KNOW that the crazy psychopaths, in Monsanto, did create
corn, and wheat, and barley that resist to Round-up ! ! !
That is their **Round-up ready** insanity ! !

Now, the farmer has only one herbicide to use: the Round-up.

Soooooooo, that round-up is sprayed on our corn. . .etc. . .
The corn is soaked with that crap, and the corn DRINKS that crap ! ! !
And, after that, we humans EAT that corn full of Monsanto's crap POISON ! ! !

That is why we eat BIO only, 98-99% of what we buy !
We do promote a grocery store, with quite a big BIO section:
It is an IGA store ! COPY / PASTE the next:
magasin.iga.net/Default.aspx?culture_ts=633997986388303535
Check [ Organic & natural foods ] on the left ! !

And, we buy 98-99% of our stuff at a "TAU market", a 100% BIO grocery !
www.marchestau.com...

Soooooooo, eat BIO, no MSG, no Aspartame, no fluoride ! !

Blue skies.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
great stuff
there are some interesting links there

GM Corn Varieties on Mammalian Health
www.biolsci.org...

The Bees are dying due to GMO's
www.globalresearch.ca...

Monsanto's GMO Corn Linked To Organ Failure
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Union Of Concerned Scientists have some excellent reports and resources:
www.ucsusa.org...

Failure to Yield: their investigation into the biotechnology industry's claims that GM will produce higher yields
www.ucsusa.org...

Gone to Seed: investigation into contamination of traditional seeds by Genetically Engineered crops:
www.ucsusa.org...

Institute on Responsible Technology- have consumer guides to avoiding GMOs, lists of ingredients that have a high likelihood of genetic modification, and some free leaflets
www.responsibletechnology.org...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sianara

Alright, fair enough. For a homemade project they did pretty good. I am used to PETA videos and that's all I am going to say about that. On their video (from the youtube page) they even posted links to their information which I thought was good, because I questioned some of the statements.

You did a good job of clearing all of that up.

I do happen to have a bag of organic chips here with me, is the number around the bar code?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I wasn't really paying attention when I watched the video but I kept hearing corn over and over and something about killing bees so now I want to rush out and eat lots of corn and kill bees. Seriously though as far as I can tell everything is going to kill us, its all bad. The air the water the food, yeah were screwed but you know what? We all started dieing the second we were born. Life is terminal. Enjoy it now cause its going quick.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Yes GMO is bad stuff, plus it is cross breeding with the good stuff that is across the road.
So if a farmer has dna test done on his crop, and it comes up monsanto then not only is his crop contamanated, but from what I read he will also have to pay Monsanto because they have patent or what ever copy-right?

Anyhow the whole thing is bad.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This is great! Good for them, it's a great start. Hope they put out a whole line of videos like this. Very effective. This is not a creepy video the creepy part is people thinking it's a creepy video. It's anti-NWO marketing.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Yea, GMO's are indeed FrankenFoods, and we should realy say NO to that #..
When Codex is in place, which I am unsure if will come in the near future or was put off for now, the manufacturers are NOT obligated to LABEL their products, and that is going to be aproblem IMO..

Here is their YouTube channel..
SayNOtoGMO

Edit : the last video didnt work..

[edit on 23/1/2010 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

life spans are longer now than ever before, populations are healthier, technology is progressing. There are problem areas that need to be resolved, but overall, GMO crops have also stemmed hunger in many parts of the world and allowed for people to get out of a cycle of despair from drought and crop failure.

Old hippy women spouting "the scientists say" game is not convincing me one way or the other.

What Suzuki says is more correct, "they don't know", but then, we didn't know that carrots were ok to eat until the 15h century! we didn't eat potatoes before either in the medieval times because they weren't fit for human consumption.

Besides, if humans are decimated and brought down in numbers because of some folly in our food production, then I don't see how that's a bad thing for the world overall, although it would be a tragedy for those individuals, it would be a boon to the planet! lol

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus

life spans are longer now than ever before, populations are healthier, technology is progressing.

Actually, the instances of all chronic diseases are on the rise and the only reason life spans are longer is because people are kept alive on a plethora of prescription medications to keep their disease riddled bodies "running".

The progression of food technology amounts to little more than processes that artificially synthesize products which people are made to believe is food, when it is in fact nutrient deficient and chemically laced with ingredients that promote chronic disease.

Wake up and join reality please. Your body will thank you for it.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Yes the farmer will have to pay monsanto because a law was in place in the 90's creating the "patent to life" rights. Monsanto can sue because you now have their DNA in your crop, eventhough it was caused by "nature".

Watch the movie Food Inc and you will learn plenty. Monsanto tried to come back and say that the movie does not answer every questions but it doesn't take a rock scientist to truly understand what they're doing.

My wife is doing everything she can to:

A: not buy any GMO, rBGH milk and meat products

B; fight monsanto after she found out that they were the creators of Agent Orange (her father died because of it in 'nam)

she is repulsed by them and has written to our senator and governor and all parties involved to no longer do business with those people. they should not be allowed in our government, their practices are killing everyone.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by Sianara

Great post.

I couldn't find the link to the verbatim opinion but Monsanto lost the suit. If Monsanto is going to be taken down, the attackers need to be scrupulously accurate about anti-Monsanto statements. The suit was not about a company advertising "GMO free". It was against Oakhurst Dairy who stated on its milk labels that its milk contained no rBGH, an artificial bovine growth hormone. That's totally different than GMO. Monsanto sued and lost. As a scientist, I am sceptical of the claims about genetically engineered foods. Man and nature have both been engineering foods for millenia. When you go to your local frmer's market, look at the "heirloom" tomatoes. And then look at the other common ones. We have been engineering the bumps and spots and weird lobes out of them by selecting which seeds get planted. With that said, I agree that Monsanto is a scourge that needs to be eliminated. Its tactics are abominable. It has lasted this long because it sells very little direct to the consumer and thereby avoids massive consumer rage. Most consumers don't care what happens to the poor farmer as long as they keep getting cheap food.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Starred and Flagged. Morningmayan is one of my favorites on youtube, she makes wonderful metaphysics videos so that we can raise our frequency and co-create eden, AND in addition she is out there doing things, like phoning the governor of Montana concerning Blackwater taking over the police force of a small town, going to the sheriff's office. We need to join her ASAP.

This is her channel:
www.youtube.com...

This is the thread I started about co-creating and manifesting eden, based on her frequency course.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Unity_99]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join