It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veritas Show

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
www.veritasshow.com

Does anyone subscribe to this fairly new, streaming, web show? I've looked through the past episodes and the host, Mel Fabregas, has had some well known ufologists interviewed.

I'm tempted to subscribe for a month or so but a little wary. Would like some first hand account before I do.

Also... does Mel Fabregas' voice freak anyone else out? My God that guy sounds like a robot. I listened to a live interview he had with Dr. Greer on youtube and it's definitely his real voice O.o I just can't get over how WEIRD it is.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Bueller... Bueller...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It's paid now? That's outrageous.

I remember listening to this show when it first started, it was somewhat decent but it rapidly degraded into another spotlight for exopolitics/disclosure people.

Personally I wouldn't pay for access to a podcast, much less this one. There are fairly good shows out there for free—The Paracast, Greg Bishop's Radio Misterioso to name a couple.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well what initially caught my eye was his interview with Commander Sanni Ceto. I have yet to figure her out. I'd really like to believe her story, but to my knowledge, there exists but one video of her. VS's interview gives her a second appearance.

Anyways I'm a huge C2C fan, but Noory hasn't had an interesting show in quite awhile. Most of his guests are rehashing the same old info.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I went ahead and bit the bullet so to speak.

I must say that the investment has been worth every penny.

The quality of the interviews Mel gives and his professionalism rivals that of Art Bell/George Noory.

His interviews with Commander Sanni Ceto and Jim Sparks were INCREDIBLE.

Anyone even remotely interested would not feel cheated out of $6/ month.

P.S. after listening to 5 or so interviews now I came to the conclusion that I like his very unique voice. He has a very likeable quality and seems like a very intelligent guy.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Cigar]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Im a subscriber and I like how he approach his guest and allow listener to ask question (via board then asked to the guest). Like any other show, some interview are purely boring, but most are way above average. I understand those who don't want to pay, but to produce this quality of show it requiere hours and hours of montage, preparation and study. If one is not able to recognize that and pay 6$ per month, then don't bother with Veritas, it's that simple. Plus, half of all his show are available for free so you kno what you pay for if you decide to subscribe.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by korats
I understand those who don't want to pay, but to produce this quality of show it requiere hours and hours of montage, preparation and study. If one is not able to recognize that and pay 6$ per month, then don't bother with Veritas, it's that simple.

I respect your opinion, but the fact that the show requires preparation, study and editing isn't something unique to this show.

I don't want in anyway give the impression I'm saying people shouldn't subscribe/listen to it—if you're into the style and the topics it discusses, go for it.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Thanks for reminding me -- I had checked for Nick Redfern's interview on Contactees but it was not scheduled until recently. You can listen to at least the first hour for free through the blog:

veritasshow.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by convergeI respect your opinion, but the fact that the show requires preparation, study and editing isn't something unique to this show.

True, but with Veritas that is all done along with with no advertising sponsorship - which means no ads breaking the flow every five minutes to sell us garbage. I don't know about you, but I can't stand those ads - such as on C2C - or the way they intrude all the time on the flow of a conversation or on a monologue. It ruins it for me. So I was pleased Veritas made that choice. Once the guest get into a flow and aren't interrupted by stupid ads or intrusive interviewers it's amazing what they will reveal. It definitely makes a difference. And you still get a hour of free content without subscribing.

The show has to pay for itself somehow. It's probably the best of it's type, IMO, and that's saying something for a relatively new show. But it's rapidly gaining a name for itself, which is shown by the names who have already appeared.

Pretty impressive for a one year old show.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Malcram]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

Originally posted by convergeI respect your opinion, but the fact that the show requires preparation, study and editing isn't something unique to this show.

And you still get a hour of free content without subscribing.

If you are referring to show length they generally range from 2-3 hours. The Grant Cameron show exceeded 5 hours in length! Really incredible. I'm busy transcribing it as we speak.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cigar

If you are referring to show length they generally range from 2-3 hours. The Grant Cameron show exceeded 5 hours in length! Really incredible. I'm busy transcribing it as we speak.

Yeah, thanks for reminding me - that's the other thing I like. Shows go on as long as they have to, as long as is natural, rather than by time constraints. If the guest is still willing to spill the beans - and they do that on Veritas in a way I've never seen before, the host has a way of putting people really at ease - then the show just keeps going, no cut off. There have been a few amazing epics.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Still the Veritas dude is big on Hurtak -- too bad! nonduality.com...

Dan Eden's Viewzone report on Hurtak is fascinating -- about Project HAARP

Just because he doesn't have advertising doesn't mean he's done his conspiracy research! haha.

Veritas -- what a joke!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel
Still the Veritas dude is big on Hurtak -- too bad! nonduality.com...

Dan Eden's Viewzone report on Hurtak is fascinating -- about Project HAARP

Just because he doesn't have advertising doesn't mean he's done his conspiracy research! haha.

Veritas -- what a joke!

I'm not sure I understood anything you said there.

The Veritas host is "big on Hurtak"? WHat does that mean? He did an interview? (The link you have makes no mention of this name).

Why would this make all Veritas shows "a joke"?

Could you explain a little more?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yeah the Veritas host said on his Redfern Contactees interview that he was going to have James Hurtak on soon, along with his wife.... and that the Keys of Enoch was one of the favorite books of the Veritas host.

O.K. here's more of my Matrix expose which mentions Hurtak:

www.breakingopenthehead.com...

reply to post by Malcram

[edit on 25-1-2010 by drew hempel]

[edit on 25-1-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

Oh OK, well if that's all I don't think you have much of a case to call the entire show "a joke".

Ah I think I get it. I just saw your edit. You have a big problem with Hurtak, so anyone interviewing and expressing interest in Hurtak is the enemy? Veritas interviews countless people and expresses interest in the work of hundreds of people in the field. The hosts job is just to give a platform to as many prominent people in the field - and those requested by guests - as possible and give them a chance to put their case and leave it to the listener to make up their own mind.

But, whatever.

PS I tried you link but it didn't work. Would be interested to read it tho.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Awesome show - the only site I have ever subscribed too (and its very cheap) - the interviews are on par with anything Coast 2 Coast offers, and some of the guests are rare as hens teeth - Robert Morning Sky for one...

Great forum - open minds.

So it's two thumbs up from this puppy!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I don't know about you, but I can't stand those ads - such as on C2C - or the way they intrude all the time on the flow of a conversation or on a monologue.

I don't listen to C2C because 99% of it is bullsh#t. There are free podcasts without ads, such as Greg Bishop's Radio Misterioso, Vaeni & Ritzmann's Paratopia or Tim Binnall's Binnall of America. Perhaps that is something very important to you, but honestly, I don't care if a show has ads or not—I do care if it's good, though.

Once the guest get into a flow and aren't interrupted by stupid ads or intrusive interviewers

Of course that it depends on exactly who you're referring to but if I just wanted to listen to the guest tell his stories and sell whatever he has to sell without being questioned and pressed on the hard and controversial issues, then I'd just go read the guest's website/blog or books, since everyone has one these days.

Last time I heard the Veritas show, the host seemed too eager to accept whatever the guest was telling and selling the audience, and since it was some exopolitics/disclosure personality it made me think even less of it and stopped listening to it altogether.

It's probably the best of it's type, IMO, and that's saying something for a relatively new show.

Quite frankly, any show whose host has Michael Salla on and believes the drivel he spins doesn't deserve anyone's time—if they want to seriously study and research the UFO phenomenon—much less the $6 per month.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Im subscribed too.... and trust me im not the kind of guy that usually pay for stuff on the net... i've been subscribed now for three months and will renew it when the time comes... i respect Mel's professionalism and active listening skills...

Unlike project camelot whom im pretty disapointed since the interview with greer... looks like kerry cassidy's arrogant little ways of imposing her beliefs on the people she interview and laugh when the interviewed person says something that doesn't match her beliefs which i think is a really big lack of professionalism and respect...

Mel on the other hand is kind, confident and doesn't come across abrasively like he listen actively... and when he wants to share a personal view on a subject he does it in good manners and with respect...

Project Camelot ain't worth a penny in my humble opinion Veritas Show on the other day does... and even though its not free at least he's honest about it... which i respect...

Don't know if any of you guys seen the BS from P.Camelot that Dan Burish exposed on his site after the incident at the conferent about the vacines... P.Camelot site was black out of all of the facts exposed by Burish... although he got them good they couldnt of said # anyways... it really showed the now "profiteering" oriented P.Camelot...

Go ahead man its worth it... Although its no free Mel mentioned alot that if you CANT afford it he would GIVE the subscription...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
No he says Hurtak's Keys of Enoch is one of his FAVORITE books. Here's another link on my expose that will work:

www.breakingopenthehead.com...

More recently here's my blogpost on Hurtak

naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com...

reply to post by Malcram

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

The hosts job is just to give a platform to as many prominent people in the field - and those requested by guests - as possible

That's the difference between some people, then. I understand how some people want to hear the 'prominent' people in the field, as most people are willing to believe anything.

I'm sure many of the people who listen to the Veritas show and C2C think highly of Steven Greer, Stephen Bassett or Michael Salla and likely think of them as "prominent people in the field," when personally I don't think they are in the field at all. They might be in some field, maybe the "I'll say anything to make money" field, but I can assure you it's not the UFO research field.

Again, if I simply wanted access to a platform for these personalities grandiose tales I would just read their websites or books.

The UFO field, unfortunately, already has enough noise and pollution. Giving even more platforms to clowns like Greer and Salla without questioning or pressing them on their tales and actions, is just adding to that noise and pollution.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by converge]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join