It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veritas Show

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge
It's paid now? That's outrageous.

Would you care to elaborate as to why it is outrageous to charge $6 per month, with no commercial interruptions, no sponsors and offering one hour of every show or more for free? You would rather painfully endure commercial interruptions. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Outrageous?

Just curious.

Exo

[edit on 29-1-2010 by Exopolitico]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Exopolitico,
even though practically every question you have submitted to me I have, in some way or another, already answered, I don't mind trying to make my points clear again.

Originally posted by Exopolitico
Would you care to elaborate as to why it is outrageous to charge $6 per month and offer one hour of every show for free?

As I've explained previously, I find the fee outrageous because there are free podcasts out there that I find are more suited to my taste. If it was free, I would consider more frequently listening to a show or two, depending on the guest. This is merely my opinion and position. I don't expect everyone to share and agree with them. I've made that clear in my previous post.

Michael Salla made an appearance on Veritas once, when the show had just started, and that makes you grade the entire show? (...) If you want to criticize a show because one of its first guests was questionable, from over 60, then there is nothing that will convince you.

I think I've expressed myself, extensively, on why I didn't find the show particularly appealing, but it's not because one or a couple of particular guests. I disagree with the host's style of basically giving free air time and a platform to people. I would enjoy it more if the host would press the guests on certain issues, especially guests like Michael Salla. Again, that is my taste and preference. I believe I made that clear.

By the way, I heard that a former and respected radio host proposed interviewing Mel Fabregas and David Biedny (The Paracast). I heard Mel said "name the time and the place" and instead, David kicked Mel off his forum and closed the thread without saying one more word about it.
What happened there?

I'm uncertain why you are directing that question to me seeing as I have nothing to do with that situation. I assume you are asking me for my opinion of the situation. Being unaware of the situation, the context and what precipitated the incident, I can't really comment on "what happened there." I can, however, deduce that perhaps David Biedny doesn't think highly of Mel Fabregas' or his show.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Converge, don't like Veritas if you like but be honnest and put yourself in the shoes of the guy for one minute and allow yourself to think he is honnest.

1 show per week. x average of 2h30min per show.
That means, every 7 days, you have a new guest, you contacted it, researched it, red emails and have a list of question you sort thru. Made arrangment with everyday life including full time job (aka busness) and familly with kid plus having fun as any other human being and ADD to that, having the pressure of ppl expecting you to have the show online at noon thurday night at 11h58pm.

Tell me, after one year with no sponsor, no ads, a open forum and half of your work still being broadcast at large how you would do to continue if not.. to charge a bit just to cope with the pressure to improve.

Judge no problem.. but keep your doudt to yourself if you complaints about something that is half free and don't ask you for any money until you decide to pay.

My 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The OP asked for people's opinions and I gave mine, how is that complaining? It would be complaining if I had no choice but pay the $6, since I don't, it's simply my opinion that I would not be paying $6/month for a podcast.

I wasn't expecting, much less demanding, people to agree with me. Am I supposed to have to agree with yours?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by converge
The OP asked for people's opinions and I gave mine, how is that complaining? It would be complaining if I had no choice but pay the $6, since I don't, it's simply my opinion that I would not be paying $6/month for a podcast.

I wasn't expecting, much less demanding, people to agree with me. Am I supposed to have to agree with yours?

The issue, converge, is that your opinion is not based on facts. It is evident that, more than an opinion, it's just personal bias or judgment because of one or two guests you deem questionable. If that is how you based your opinion, you must have a hard time meeting new people, since you will judge them immediately without getting to know them.

Even the best sports teams lose a game. Losing one game is not enough to rate a team poorly. I would not be here issuing a carpet statement and criticizing because I only witnessed the game that was lost. If you have not witnessed the rest of the games, your opinion is myopic at best.

Others have help or a partner that assists with their shows. In this case, everything you see and hear is done by one person with absolutely no help or experience in the field, but the desire to explore every avenue without fear that ratings will drop or the censorship that most programs have to abide by.

Everything is about chemistry. Some people are liked and others are not. That is just human nature. But it is apparent that your dislike for this host is based on a questionable guest or two. It reflects that you judge a book by its cover. I'm glad to know there are others like me who see beyond that.

I haven't seen you comment on any of the other guests who have an impeccable record and base their claims on tangible and verifiable facts. One last thing. True Journalism is "getting out of the way". Letting them hang themselves.

Exo

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Exopolitico]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The problem, more than anything, is that you refuse to accept my opinion for what is—my opinion. You can't accept that someone wouldn't like the show, since you are such great fans, it's obvious, to you, that the only way someone couldn't like it is if one hasn't listened to it yet.

You continue to hammer the issue of "one bad guest" when I have, several times, explained that it's not because one particular guest, but the problem, for me, lies in the host's style that in general I don't find appealing. That is an issue that isn't dependent on the guest.

I consider this matter dealt with and I won't be revisiting it, as I've explained, now for the 3rd time, what my problem with the show is. You don't agree with it—fine, you're entitled to that—it's to be expected that people have different standards, preferences and tastes.

But I was also expecting that people, by the 3rd explanation, would understand what my actual disagreement with the show is, and not misrepresent my position and words to justify their adoration for a show, but since that doesn't seem that is going to happen, I see no point in continuing this conversation.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Converge by trying to explain yourself, you say that we are all a bunch of brainwashed followers of Veritas.

In a sense, as I stated above, like it or not no matter to me.

I like veritas, I respect the host for his work. I loled at some of the guest choice and disagree with a lot of things. That said, the method the host use is frank, honnest and loyal. That deserve respect in my book. But that's me.

kor

[edit on 30-1-2010 by korats]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

Poor Converge.

I think he's taking quite a bashing for stating his opinion here. LOL

I don't entirely share his view, but he's entitled to it.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hehe, I surely say he is. Just commenting on it. Nothing more.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

www.veritasshow.com

I'm tempted to subscribe for a month or so but a little wary. Would like some first hand account before I do.

Well, I was subscribed for a year and was a very active member on his Manticore forum....until today when I was suddenly banned WITHOUT warning or for breaking any 'rules'.

Why?
Because me and a few other members recently provided TRUTH, videos and links about Israel and questioned his longtime 9/11 'whistleblower' about their motives.

Another banned member who agreed with the information we provided posted the below on a forum for the truth to be told.
So far 3 of us have been banned today without warning, our posts deleted and our profiles no longer exist.

.....all because we wanted to start discussions and provided videos, links and asked legitimate questions to his 'admired' whistlelblowers he promoted. Many of us made tons of threads about those 'hidden' things most want to be kept in the dark. We backed up everything with FACTS.

It is a very sad day in the TRUTH movement arena......when you can't QUESTION......and 'distractions' are promoted as truth and are presented as MORE important.

I am very discouraged and saddened we were treated like this. We did not get a chance to save our posts, PM's or give our email addresses to friends we had made.
We did not get a warning or any mention of a refund...NADA. We were respected by many and now we don't exist.

So, NO....do not join, they have an agenda and will protect their so-called 'whistleblowers' at all costs.

--this was the post someone made....

ALERT - Veritas - Manticore forum has been COMPROMISED

I have been alerted that a few TRUTHFUL members have been banned today for providing videos and links about ISRAEL.

These were long time PAYING members who provided well researched information on MANY important issues.

Another person started a new thread asking if these VALUED members were banned and why.

THAT thread was immediately deleted by Mel Fabregas.

The said member was ALSO BANNED and all their profiles are now deleted.

Guess free speech and TRUTH will not be tolerated anywhere anymore even from those who CLAIM to be the last voice in TRUTH.

Looks like Mel follows the orders of ADL and his handlers.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join