It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a Divine Plan for each of us?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwouldificould
I think that key aspects of our lives are predestined, but we have a choice as to how we get to these milestones.

How many times have you met people who's lives had almost crossed yours on more than one occassion? I think we are meant to meet these people, but the time has to be right in both persons lives, so there are many more chances given if we miss the first contact.

i would agree with the above, most definitely some things are pre-ordained, there is still free will, but certain thing will and must happen to us in our lives to make us into the persons we are and we will become.

this weekend I had an amazing moment with my sister-in-law who is a pyschologist. i have been told on different occasions that i could or might be an indigo child, funny thing, my sister-in-law who never talked conspiracy or have any interest in the "unknown" calls the kids she takes care of her "indigo kids" and we when we touched on the subject of reincarnation and our lives over a few drinks we found some amazing similarities that put us both in the places that we are now are. It was as if we were destined to meet thru our husbands somehow, and be there for each other. It's hard to explain this stuff without getting too personal but it really freaked us both out as some of the stuff we seem to both go thru in our relationships with the two brothers.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
again, with my utmost respect to others of different beliefs . . .

Phl 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.

daved

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
As world watcher said there is an apperance of free will but there is fate. You make choices which is free will but those choices have already been determined by past events and choices over situations which you have no control of.

Hey dasher first time my names been mentioned
lol i feel special someone read my post lol

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
A divine plan ... subject to our free will ... but God already knows what we'll choose,
so that fits in with His divine plan. At least, that's how it was explained to me.
I have no idea if that's correct.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
'Divine Plan' as, prescriptive pathways...all roads lead to...(no connection with vatican reprints of little golden books - specifically)...

FREE WILL is (on first blush) the spanner in the works, but is the key mandated function (i.e. working in both directions to 'prove-disprove' this eternal question that raises the ire of adherant, and non, alike).

'The Plan' is heralded in all cosmologies (expert paperfolding of intent, notwithstanding - free will at work). Specific cosmological adherance is not necessary (saviour ticketing system is backward).

The part is never greater to the whole, but individuated flames (through FREE WILL) upon realisation of aspect of fire - work to increase the light from fire, not individuated flames lit by the fire...this happens...soul level, group level, country level, planet level etc...illustration of bio-soul cogs in a morphing machinery, is trite but salient...

All 'plans' are the same plan, expressed through time-locked stage-play (reincarnation, already mentioned)...

Å99

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

akushla99
'Divine Plan' as, prescriptive pathways...all roads lead to...(no connection with vatican reprints of little golden books - specifically)...

FREE WILL is (on first blush) the spanner in the works, but is the key mandated function (i.e. working in both directions to 'prove-disprove' this eternal question that raises the ire of adherant, and non, alike).

'The Plan' is heralded in all cosmologies (expert paperfolding of intent, notwithstanding - free will at work). Specific cosmological adherance is not necessary (saviour ticketing system is backward).

The part is never greater to the whole, but individuated flames (through FREE WILL) upon realisation of aspect of fire - work to increase the light from fire, not individuated flames lit by the fire...this happens...soul level, group level, country level, planet level etc...illustration of bio-soul cogs in a morphing machinery, is trite but salient...

All 'plans' are the same plan, expressed through time-locked stage-play (reincarnation, already mentioned)...

Å99

Huehue, not surprised to see you here
(I actually kind of smirked when I saw your response)

Could you further explain? I don't think I understand that well what you mean. (I assume you are British?)
edit on 26-9-2013 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

No...not british...

What part/s do you need explained?

Å99

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

akushla99

Å99

I assumed you are British because of the use of the word, "spanner."

And this paperfolding concept you keep bringing up.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Paperfolding is the propensity to make simple notions, complicated, resulting in mangled creations that are difficult (because of 'positions' taken along the way [folds]) to reverse out of...origami monsters...

OP question has 3 components... 'Is there', 'a divine plan', 'for each of us'...the last, which can be split several ways...

Å99

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

akushla99

Paperfolding is the propensity to make simple notions, complicated, resulting in mangled creations that are difficult (because of 'positions' taken along the way [folds]) to reverse out of...origami monsters...

OP question has 3 components... 'Is there', 'a divine plan', 'for each of us'...the last, which can be split several ways...

Å99

Ah understood. Kind of like the way I use the word, "convoluted." Also, nice play on words and analogy with flames.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

DelayedChristmas

akushla99

Å99

Ah understood. Kind of like the way I use the word, "convoluted."

Yes...convolute is a good example...I sometimes use the illustration of 'spaghetti junctions'...to get off them (out of a fold) you need to get off the correct offramp...or end up in a carnival town, with toothless carnies/snake salesmen, offering you the elixir/poison for the origami devil...

Å99

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

akushla99

Å99

So what you are saying is that there is a single, simple, solitary plan... But once one is diligent enough (through free will) to understand that there is a single plan for all humans, the plan of divinity for all is apparent?

Or am i just projecting my own thoughts to yours?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

"So what you are saying is that there is a single, simple, solitary plan... But once one is diligent enough (through free will) to understand that there is a single plan for all humans, the plan of divinity for all is apparent?
Or am i just projecting my own thoughts to yours?" Quote DelayedChristmas

To all intents and purposes, and in a nutshell, this is a precis-ed version of what I have said...the way/manner/expression by which this comes about, can and is, expressed in different ways (that is expression through 'theatrical' means)...

The flame belongs to the original conflagration...it is not a different 'fire'...one expression lights the way, the other expression/s light up the 'furniture-props' and the dirt, dust and grime beneath and around it/them, according to FREE WILL function.

No One path is determined or destined...all are allowable and possible...roads leading to the same conclusion/emanation/conflagration/Source...

'Illumination' takes on an interesting slant when all cosmologies define it through the auspice of 'sight' (inner or outer)...no 'discipline' is exempt from its influence, neither scientific nor religious...some of the less dogmatic cosmologies have illustrated the connection between belief/thought and phenomena on our 'level' (I hate using this word) and others, they all attest to the mechanisms by which they come about...divinity embraces all expression, anything else would negate any concept of freedom/self-determination/love (intrinsically of self-Divine, from which we have been 'lit')...

Å99

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Fitzpatrick
Is our life decided for us.........

Do we decide the genes we are given ?
Do we decide when and were we are born?
Do we decide what people tell us is right and wrong?
Do we decide what information is given to us?

The ego/mind has no really control over what happens to it, it wants to think it does.

I see this was posted almost a DECADE ago!!..so no need for a response from Fitzpatrick.I wanted to point out that this is clear thinking.It seems Fitzpatrick didn't come to a conclusion at that time however what he wrote is the seed of the Truth.

The fact is .....the myth of free will is the hardest truth to swallow and is the epitome of "deny ignorance".That free will is a myth is impossible to believe.It can only be known.

Free will cannot be true because it doesn't harmonize with the Law of Causation.Every effect has a cause.We make a multitude of choices everyday yet none of them are free from cause.The chooser cannot be traced back to be the sole cause.

As Fitzpatrick pointed out this cause/effect stems from our beginning.We didn't choose to be conceived.We didn't choose any of the circumstances. We can't grow into having free will.... it is either there or isn't and every fact points to it isn't.

Does the lack of free will point to a "plan".It certainly doesn't appear to be one from this vantage point.I bet Einsteins scribblings and bibblings didn't look like General relativity either.

In one sense it doesn't matter.If it is a plan we are not privy to it.If it is a plan, it is the plan of all plans and it's a damn good one.My suggestion is to be prepared for what we have experienced as being a very short trip we call life.If it is a plan I have a very strong intuition it has barely begun....uhh.....btw...it IS a plan....

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

"Free will cannot be true because it doesn't harmonize with the Law of Causation.Every effect has a cause.We make a multitude of choices everyday yet none of them are free from cause.The chooser cannot be traced back to be the sole cause." Quote Rex282

Pushed to its illogical conclusion, you are not responsible - because you are not, and never can be, the sole cause...flip it, nothing you do can be attributed to you in any way...defence by diminished responsibility...which leaves an even more interesting question...What actions (and to what extent) are you responsible for?

Å99

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

akushla99
reply to post by Rex282

"Free will cannot be true because it doesn't harmonize with the Law of Causation.Every effect has a cause.We make a multitude of choices everyday yet none of them are free from cause.The chooser cannot be traced back to be the sole cause." Quote Rex282

Pushed to its illogical conclusion, you are not responsible - because you are not, and never can be, the sole cause...flip it, nothing you do can be attributed to you in any way...defence by diminished responsibility...which leaves an even more interesting question...What actions (and to what extent) are you responsible for?

Å99

You are accountable for everything you do.Responsible is beyond our grasp.For example the false illusion of a doctrine of Christianity is of "some" being pardoned for all their guilt by being "forgiven" when they ask and repent.That isn't true.Everyone is accountable for all of their guilt..there are no pardons.Forgiveness in this means "being" freed from bondage...it is not an event it's a process.This is the "forgiveness" and it is not just for some it's for everyone however it isn't freedom from guilt .

Guilt is accountable by being judged but not punitively as punishment it is corrective and rehabilitative which is also the effect of forgiveness.It's a just system.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Rex282

akushla99
reply to post by Rex282

Å99

You are accountable for everything you do.Responsible is beyond our grasp.For example the false illusion of a doctrine of Christianity is of "some" being pardoned for all their guilt by being "forgiven" when they ask and repent.That isn't true.Everyone is accountable for all of their guilt..there are no pardons.Forgiveness in this means "being" freed from bondage...it is not an event it's a process.This is the "forgiveness" and it is not just for some it's for everyone however it isn't freedom from guilt .

Guilt is accountable by being judged but not punitively as punishment it is corrective and rehabilitative which is also the effect of forgiveness.It's a just system.

I'm concentrating more on what you've written...'accountability' (held to account for action/thought), 'responsibility' (responsible for action/thought)...

How exactly can you be accountable or responsible in the absence of a FREE WILL mechanism?...where, as you say (and to cut and dry it) you are never the 'sole' initiator of phenomena - ever...? There's some bet-hedging here...and I agree...it is a just system...corrective and rehabilitative, this is either achieved with a carrot, or a stick...but, who best to decide this, but yourself?...and why would you hair-shirt up, to teach yourself a good and proper lesson?...surely, you would be more gentle on yourself...

Å99

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Rex282

akushla99
reply to post by Rex282

Å99

No, a just system does not judge and therefore has impunity/IMMUNITY; No punishment is required as in there was no foul because there was no judgment regarding guilt or innocence; in fact no determination. Anyone determining self guilt or denial of has to face a creator in proclimation, but if you cant identify IT in its solicitude/solitude do you go the local "Keeper of the honorable HORNSWAGGLE", the one that actually talks to God by birth or just derivation/devination? Even in Shiria Law, you cannot act as the judge because it places you in the FORMAT OF BEING GOD and no human can singularly do this without being laughed out of existance. Forgiveness is a system?-- and you must be punished, corrected and rehabilitated to achieve this? As you say responsibility is beyond our grasp so we beat the kittens and puppies to death in ignorance DISPITE OURSELVES.
edit on 26-9-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mxyztos

We all have a set plan of action even before coming into this lifetime. We agreed to certain things that would happen, such as the parents that we will have, the man or woman whom you will marry, the place you will spend most of your life, the karma from past lives you will balance, and so forth. We made this agreement with God and all whom we spoke to in between lives. Yes, you do talk to and make plans with people you will meet in this lifetime. However, the Law of Free Will allows us to change these plans at any time. This allows us to change our "destiny" so to speak. You can even change the negative karma that you created in the past and in this life. Do you have to pay back all the "bad" things you have done? Yes but it's not about "paying back." It's about balancing it. You must change your mind and accept them as mistakes, therefore changing your actions into positive reinforcement. The amnesia that people get when coming into this present lifetime does make it difficult in remembering what you did. This is not important. What is important is your focus on love for God, people, and all things.

Judgement, sins, and bad deeds are all human concepts created by the collective mind of this world. God doesn't think nor see the way that you see it. God only sees it as experience, either it be good or bad. Don't fit human emotions and concepts into God's mind. God is outside of it all and beyond the conflicted mind of man.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join