It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marine 'I Killed Innocent Civilians'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I didn't even read one post of this ''blame America first' thread.

I don't believe any Iraqi's killed in Iraq were innocent at all. They were all potential threats that had to be dealt with.

I'm sure that even in death they are thankful to the United States of America for trying to make the hell they created for themselves a little bit better place. If they are not thankful, I am sure they are spending eternity in their rightful place.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

What many fail to realize is that those figures include BS Iraqi on Iraqi Sectarian violence victims. We've seen this misquote of figures many times here at ATS.

The "War" in Iraq for the US is pretty much over. It's been that way for over a year. The majority of the "Bombings and attacks" have been directed at either Sunni or Shia supporters.

Yet, those figures are still counted as "US" caused Casualties.

Take a gander at the most recent "US" Caused casualties.

Civilians killed in Iraq bombing

January 13, 2010
At least seven people, including five policemen, have been killed and six others wounded in a suicide lorry bombing in Iraq's western Anbar province.

The bomber struck early on Wednesday near a police station in the centre of Saqlawiya, a town north of Falluja, a security official said.

A young girl was among those wounded in the attack which took place at about 9am (0600GMT).

Suicide car bomb wounds 30 in Iraq's northern Mosul

January 20, 2010
Thirty people were wounded when a suicide car bomber struck an Iraqi army and police compound in the northern city of Mosul on Wednesday, while another car bomb detonated in a crowded area and a third one was defused by the police, a local police source said.

Triple bombing kills at least 25 in Iraq

January 15, 2010
At least 25 people were killed and 72 were wounded in a triple bombing at a crowded market Thursday in Najaf, one of Iraq's holiest cities, an Interior Ministry official said.

A car bomb and two roadside bombs detonated in quick succession about 5:30 p.m. (9:30 a.m. ET) near the market in the city center. Thursday evenings are usually busy at markets as people start their weekend.

The blasts happened near a Shiite shrine.

Iraq suicide bombing kills 25

December 31, 2009
Reporting from Baghdad and Ramadi, Iraq — A suicide bomb attack Wednesday in Anbar province's capital killed 25 people and wounded 100, including the governor. The attack raised fears that the devastating bloodletting that swept western Iraq several years ago may be returning.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Tell me about it alot of my time was spent chasing down 1 group or another for attacking civilians. You dont get to hear about the people that open fire on school yards with ak47s. And where do the Iraqi run to it isnt there police the first place they run to is the United States reason being is they know we will find them and will clear them out. But then when we kill people who were killing civilians they suddenly become innocent civilians.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
the logic still escapes me,
being a bully inorder to show that bullying is wrong..
...is called bullying

and lesson being learned is that with a large enough group of people with weapons you can get "your" stability in the region...

epic fail

i dare any soldier who thinks or knows that he/she done wrong to stand by their word and send their acts of war crimes on paper to any human rights organisation/institute in their own name and full details of incident/s.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1
Read the bible, it says not to kill.

Actually, it says, "Thou shall not murder". Two different things, Gus.

Remember there is not 1 cristian in the military. all are false worshipers.

Really? And what are you basing that on?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall
Tell that to the 3 million innocent civilians that have been slaughtered since Papa Bush first went there in '91.......

You know, since you love posting these BS threads, maybe you can come up with the answer to this question. So far, no one has.

If the US has killed three million innocent civilians, where are the freakin' bodies????

Where are they hiding that many corpses???

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Read the bible, it says not to kill.

Remember there is not 1 cristian in the military. all are false worshipers.

That's fine many Muslims kill in the name of Alla so it evens out in the wash.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
War is war, but use your head! We caught Saddam in a matter of months and almost a decade later, Osama is still out there? How can this be? SIMPLE: The moment Osama is confirmed dead or captured the entire world will demand that the troops come home. There is entirely too much money for the Military Industrial Complex in an endless war like the "War on Terror", "War on Drugs" etc. He's alive to keep morale high and remind us why we're there. Perpetual conflict makes perpetual profits.

Usually there is a sit down between warring parties and an agreement made. They have made us think there is "no negotiating with these people". Of course there is! You think the Taliban and Al Queda hate us "for our freedom"?! On what planet does that make sense? They hate us for our occupation, meddling in their affairs, and constant unquestioned backing of Israel. In what part of this is the US not at fault?

[edit on 1/24/2010 by Mr Poopra]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Poopra

Wow im impressed your so worldly you also apparently have friends in high places.Where you sitting in on the CIA briefings? Id propose a much simpler reason why we haven't caught him having been there and all. Did you realize most of Afghanistan is mountains? In fact the area of Pakistan and Afghanistan were al quida operates out of is some very foreboding mountains.Its cold very little vegetation and even less wild life. Those mountains are littered with millions of caves the landscape itself has some of the sharpest rocks Ive ever seen like walking on razor blades. If i would describe the worst place on earth this comes to mind immediately.

Think just maybe the reason we have not found him is because of the location hes hiding in? Now next time your in one of those secret meetings of yours hey cut the military some slack and just give them some coordinates since you seem to know every thing.

PS If you want to negotiate with them by all means hop a plane and go guy let me give you one warning on what they do to negotiators.Once captured you are tried for crimes against Islam. The next thing that happens is they introduce your neck to a sword seen plenty of afghans that have met this fate. So by all means go talk just make sure to pay your life insurance first if your lucky theyll find your body so your family wont have to wait too long to collect.

[edit on 1/24/10 by dragonridr]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Poopra
They hate us for our occupation.....

Of what, A-stan? Iraq? You do realize that we invaded both of these countries AFTER the Taliban attacked us? (Not going to get into the 9/11 false flag, planned by Bush clone BS)

....meddling in their affairs....

Which affairs? You mean when the Talbian butcher civilians in Mazar-i-Sharif? Or when they were destroying cultural sites? Or their restrictions on women?

Actually, I think the UN was "meddling in their affairs", not just the US.

....and constant unquestioned backing of Israel.

OK, so it's alright for the Taliban to try to dictate US policy? I guess it's OK for them to "meddle" in our affairs, huh?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

War is war, but use your head! We caught Saddam in a matter of months and almost a decade later, Osama is still out there? How can this be? SIMPLE: The moment Osama is confirmed dead or captured the entire world will demand that the troops come home. There is entirely too much money for the Military Industrial Complex in an endless war like the "War on Terror", "War on Drugs" etc. He's alive to keep morale high and remind us why we're there. Perpetual conflict makes perpetual profits.

Usually there is a sit down between warring parties and an agreement made. They have made us think there is "no negotiating with these people". Of course there is! You think the Taliban and Al Queda hate us "for our freedom"?! On what planet does that make sense? They hate us for our occupation, meddling in their affairs, and constant unquestioned backing of Israel. In what part of this is the US not at fault?

[edit on 1/24/2010 by Mr Poopra]

Thanks Mr Poopra for your rational intelligent reply to this thread....

It's always good to hear from people who are aware of what's really going on and is not afraid of telling the truth.....

It's sad to see all the ones here in denial...

PEACE and LOVE...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Actually, it says, "Thou shall not murder". Two different things, Gus.

It looks like it is translated both ways. However assuming the correct translation is murder, what is Gods definition of murder? I tried to find it but I only found his rules of warfare. Seems we are in violation of his rules of warfare.

14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies. 15 This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

Turns out we should not be killing women and children but only taking them as possessions.

We might want to be careful in using a book as our moral compass.

Of what, A-stan? Iraq? You do realize that we invaded both of these countries AFTER the Taliban attacked us?

First off we invaded Iraq for the first time prior to 9/11. Second, what did Iraq have to do with the Taliban?

[edit on 24-1-2010 by harvib]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

You're missing the point. Do a little research into who actually trained Osama and the Mujahadeen...we were starting trouble in Afghanistan long before 9/11. Do a little research into the history of the CIA for that matter. The more you dig, the more skeletons you find in our proverbial closet. Iran is the way it is because of the US and our meddling and regime changes.

It's a shame that we, the people, are in danger of terrorist attacks because of our governments decisions...meanwhile those in power are always safely tucked away from any harm. It's governments that are always wanting to go to war, not people.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm trying to figure out if I'm actually on ATS here. Because...some of these posts wreak of stupidity. Sometimes you have to go to war...many times, it's not necessary. When we the people go to war against TBTB...that's a real war. That's a war for freedom...freedom of humanity!

This! This...is no war! This is greed!

And you have the damn nerve to sit there and say..."The news doesn't show the infrastructure that the US is building." "The news doesn't show the civilians chanting USA, USA!"

Those civilians are as lossed as most of you in your stinking camo suits.

I don't blame the soldiers...most of them have no real clue what they're fighting for...and most of the civilians have no clue what the US are there for. So, they put up a few toilets and distribute some food...while, raping the people's resources and money! And you have the damn nerve to stand up for that and support that! If I had a gun, I'd shoot you in your head myself!

Listening to the former soldier's story...it's pretty...tragic, and I'd love to see some of you get away from that. He was asked to clear the area...he knew civilians would be there, but he had his orders and followed! He also knew he'd be taking out some hostiles as well...and if they had to reach their goal, it was either act, or don't act! He acted...but only when he saw with his own eyes the # that's going down...he stopped...he broke down!

How many of you have the balls to disobey orders? You wanna sign up for the army huh? Well, I hope you know very well that when you're told to do something...you better do it! If you can't deal with that, don't sign up!

I laugh at all of you who have served and "have never killed an innocent before." This man was probably in that very same frame of mind...just like you, at one point...but, when you don the uniform, and sign up to put yourself in hostile environments constantly...you WILL eventually pick an innocent from a few yards away, whether it be by choice, or accident...it will happen sooner or later.

Of course, now comes the..."Casualties of war...it's a war, what do you expect?" A war for what? For US freedom? A war on terror?

if you still think, after all these years this war is worth it...you should be the first 1 picked from a few hundred yards or mauled to death by some wild dogs!

And just who are the imbeciles giving the other imbeciles stars anyway?

Probably more dimwit soldiers, as you all seem to reward stupidity with big, shiny stars!

I'm not pouncing on soldiers...let me make that very clear. That is not my objection...I'm not pouncing on soldiers at all...just the dimwitted ones who are too stupid to realize they should feel pathetic and ashamed to be fighting in that "war" and wearing that cursed uniform!

Thank the forum rules that I can't use obscenities, because I would have cussed-out every single one of you, and if we were in person...you'd definitely have to hope all that hand-to-hand combat training can save your life!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
We might want to be careful in using a book as our moral compass.

I already know where my moral compass lies. Somewhere between "Pirate" and "A-hole".

Originally posted by harvib
First off we invaded Iraq for the first time prior to 9/11. Second, what did Iraq have to do with the Taliban?

We invaded prior to 9/11? Are you referring to the first Gulf War, when Iraq invaded Kuwait and started rampaging thru that country like a bunch of second rate Vikings?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You're missing the point. Do a little research into who actually trained Osama and the Mujahadeen...we were starting trouble in Afghanistan long before 9/11. Do a little research into the history of the CIA for that matter. The more you dig, the more skeletons you find in our proverbial closet. Iran is the way it is because of the US and our meddling and regime changes.

I don't think the Muj were complaining too much when we were sending them money and Stingers to shoot down Soviet helicopters. They probably thought that "meddling" was OK.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
nvm

[edit on 28-1-2010 by Well]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by capgirl

I CANNOT believe what i am reading from some of you!

War is war and innocents do die in wars, however to deliberately kill innocent civilians is not war, it is called MURDER.

Murderers need to be investigated, charged and prosecuted and if found guilty the appropriate punishment given.

Soldier or not, murder is murder whether in a time of war or peace.

Why the hell do you think we have international war crimes commissions?

War isn't like a game of call of duty, Medal of Honor or Quake...you do not have the right to shoot and kill anyone you want to, purely because you are at war!

This guy may be sorry for his actions and showing remorse for his murders, but he needs to be tried for his crimes just as any other murderer would be. The circumstances and any special considerations applicable at the time can be used in mitigation.

"I was just following orders" was not an excuse for the Nazi soldiers who committed murder and other war crimes, why do you think it should be so for any other soldier?

EVERY soldier on Earth is first a human being, second a soldier. If you are ordered to carry out a crime by a higher ranking soldier, either refuse on the grounds of illegality, which is a perfectly reasonable thing to do incidentally, or else arrest the issuing soldier at gunpoint citing war crimes as the reason.

Simply refusing an illegal order is NOT illegal. Carrying one out, is.

[edit on 28/1/2010 by spikey]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
George Washington was an insurgent. And indiscriminately firing white phosphorus artillery shells into downtown Fallujah is just as much a war crime as using them against civilians in Gaza.

news.bbc.co.uk...
www.nctimes.com...

Bogert is a mortar team leader who directed his men to fire round after round of high explosives and white phosphorus charges into the city Friday and Saturday, never knowing what the targets were or what damage the resulting explosions caused.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by Crito]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crito
George Washington was an insurgent. And indiscriminately firing white phosphorus artillery shells into downtown Fallujah is just as much a war crime as using them against civilians in Gaza.

news.bbc.co.uk...
www.nctimes.com...

Bogert is a mortar team leader who directed his men to fire round after round of high explosives and white phosphorus charges into the city Friday and Saturday, never knowing what the targets were or what damage the resulting explosions caused.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by Crito]

yeah well they were kind of warned to get out of fallujah before the attack

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join