It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Worker Falsely Implicates Traveler With 'Drug' Baggie

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

TSA Admits Placing Cocaine In Woman's Luggage

www.philly.com

In the tense new world of air travel, we're stripped of shoes, told not to take too much shampoo on board, frowned on if we crack a smile.

The last thing we expect is a joke from a Transportation Security Administration screener - particularly one this stupid.

Rebecca Solomon is 22 and a student at the University of Michigan, and on Jan. 5 she was flying back to school after holiday break. She made sure she arrived at Philadelphia International Airport 90 minutes before takeoff, given the new regulations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - Inaccurate Title; Please Review The Following.

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted. Obviously, some editorial latitude will be allowed if the original headline is too long (gets truncated), too obscure or already biased. If the headline is biased or otherwise inapporpriate, provide a descriptive headline that is accurate and reflects the article you're submitting. (This is a judgement call and may be modified by a moderator.)

Instructions for the Breaking News Forums - Updated May 1/09

[edit on Thu, 21 Jan 2010 18:25:11 -0600 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Just kidding, he said. He waved the baggie. It was his.

And so she collected her things, stunned, and the tears began to fall.

Another passenger, a woman traveling to Colorado, consoled her as others who had witnessed the confrontation went about their business. Solomon and the woman walked to their gates, where each called for security and reported what had happened.

This is outrageous! Seems there are a lot of power hungry people who like flexing their muscles...

So ordinary people flying can now have a bomb planted on them by TSA workers and deemed a terrorist and held indefinitely somewhere......

Update: Ann Davis, the TSA spokeswoman, said this afternoon that the worker is no longer employed by the agency as of today. She said privacy laws prevented her from saying if he was fired or left on his own.

I'll bet he just got relocated to an other airport...

www.philly.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Isn't coc aine illegal? [/sarcasm]

Therefore, shouldn't this individual who was in possession of a controlled substance be behind bars?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
That's so messed up

How is he such a moron that he thought this would be a good idea? And why did he have it in the first place?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Good God. The TSA is a joke, we can't even elect a new head for the TSA without it turning into a political showdown.

We supposedly have a flight passenger's "bill of rights", to keep Airlines from stranding us on the tarmack for hours, now I suppose we'll have to fight to have them include the right not to be turned into DRUG MULES or BOMB SMUGGLERS by TSA personnel.

What a travesty this is, they need to publicly expose this scumbag, prosecute him, and adopt legislation that prevents this from ever happening again.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I was just about to post this article, so you beat me to it.

I for one, would've made damned sure his supervisor knew about it, and then Iwould be contacting a attorney to sue the TSA for mental distress. This is bull, and nees to be dealt with

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

TSA Admits Placing Cocaine In Woman's Luggage

Really? Where in this story did the agent admit to placing coc aine in her luggage?

The worker placed a bag of white powder in her bag. Cocaine was not mentioned. You should change the title to reflect the article accurately, it's misleading.

Having said that, the TSA agent is an @ss and should have been arrested in addition to being "fired" or allowed to quit. Good for the student to take this to the news/blogs, public should know about this "joke". She should consider whether she has the option to sue him for this.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wonderful country to live in lately isn't it?I don't know about you but I have run into way to many Barney Fife types in my life time and it seems like there are more of them every day.Maybe just my opinion but I think it's because the powers that be can control a moron easier than they can control a cop or other security that can actually think for themselves.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Flying isn't worth the money or the hassle and with TSA agents like that getting through their screening process I now doubt the integrity of every one of them. I feel sorry for those who fly.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Three things scare me about this, one is that the TSA is protecting their employee (which is a govt. employee) from being outed for what they did (privacy laws, they sure don't give a crap when it's somebody elses). Two, this person is flexing his muscle and attitude to show the ones under him that I have power and look at how these people squirm, and you can do the same thing also. And three, the possibility that a person can be framed for a crime they didn't commit from a disgruntled or power hungry TSA agent. There's a reason why I haven't been on a plane since 9/11, it's because it's getting dangerous to fly anymore because you have power hungry individuals that want to mess with you if they think your cute or rich or just rub them the wrong way. They could have easily used another TSA employee to pose as a security risk and test it out on them but they didn't, he wanted to show the others that he can make you squirm and cry and whatever he wanted because he can.

This is the definition of a third world police state. Where lower govt. functionaries have carte blanche to prey on the "little" people and not be held accountable for their actions. When govt. officials use their office and the powers of their position to abuse and hinder individuals right to liberty and freedom, this is a police state. Just what and watch, in the very near future when our economic promises are reniged on, the govt. will use all it's power to make sure you and me stay in line and show the world we are still the america. While behind the scenes they will be doing whatever they want to you and you have no recourse. Americans haven't seen a police state at full power, once they do they will finally see the world for what it is.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well, this may be over for us, but it's not for him. Seeing as though daddy is a lawyer, this former employee is going to find out, from the sharp end of the stick, why messing with a lawyers little girl is just as stupid as messing with a cops family. And being that there is NO WAY to defend his actions to a jury in a civil suit, he may have to simply deal with having his wages garnished for the rest of his working life.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Whatever it was in the bag (coc aine, anthrax, explosives, bleach, etc.) does not matter.

He should be held on terrorism charges as he is the one who became the very thing he was charged to protect against.

BTW...the thumbs down is not toward you LadyS.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Nutter]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

It matters. It's intentionally misleading ATS readers with a false title.

Back to the story:

I agree. The agent should be prosecuted and/or sued.

ETA:
Terrorism charges, huh? Love that idea, but probably not appropriate in this case.
I do think he needs to be made an example of... I hope the student nails his @ss.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I agree. The title is misleading. I had to check again to make sure it wasn't the headline of the news source.

On topic, I'd say he became a "terrorist" when he terrorized this young lady? Correct?

I'm glad you agree with me about the terrorism charges.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by eightonefive
I for one, would've made damned sure his supervisor knew about it, and then Iwould be contacting a attorney to sue the TSA for mental distress. This is bull, and nees to be dealt with

I agree this guy is a douchbag and needs to be fired. There is a time and place for jokes and that is not the time, the place, or position to be doing so. As for suing the TSA...I disagree, not over this. The TSA didn't pull the prank, only one retarded employee did.

This is where I won't agree...if she does sue TSA and recieves money, that means I can sue ATS for all the emotional damage the other members cause me DAILY....
She don't need money, she needs to give the idiot a good --- whoopin!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

I agree. TSA as a whole is not to blame.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter
reply to post by rcwj1975

I agree. TSA as a whole is not to blame.

Perhaps,but maybe legal action against them,will make them pull their finger out and start to make their employees to act like protectors instead of protagonists.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I saw this earlier today and was about to post - you beat me to it.

I'm not sure if it was there before - but I did notice an update tacked on the article in the OP..

Update: Ann Davis, the TSA spokeswoman, said this afternoon that the worker is no longer employed by the agency as of today. She said privacy laws prevented her from saying if he was fired or left on his own.

At least he's gone.

A case of too much power going to his head.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Mod Edit - Inaccurate Title; Please Review The Following.

Sorry Mod......I copied the headline from here...
www.infowars.com... aine-in-womans-luggage/

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
One thing is that we are waking up to what is going on in this country!
If we had done the same thing our name would have been on every news channel around the clock for day's. We would have been taken into custody and charged .

But as normal, it is pushed under the rug and it seems they are bending over backward to keep this quite.
Our family does not fly anymore anywhere. The only reason we would is if there was no other way to get to where we wanted to go.
More family's and company's need to do this also to get this type of actions stopped. People get pulled out of the line for smiling to much or just for the way they look. Never mind the powers that be will not look for the ones and types who are doing the terrorism .

The last time our family flew across the country Grand dad went, he was 94 and they told him he had to take off his shoes. He could not and they got angry when family members tried to help, said that they could not. We left that day and will never go back till this type of treatment is stopped.
But they let a man on an aircraft and into the country that did not even have a passport. Just think about that!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join