It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I support the seal hunt!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdebz
You sir, are an arsehole.
Lets have someone butcher you with a 2x4 with nails and see how you like it eh? twat

Pretty compelling argument you present, there.

Still, I suggest you have an honest discussion with a Newfoundlander so that you can get a full perspective on the issue. Macca doesn't get it right all the time.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by snipermeister
What seal clubbers need is rounded up into a pit ,starked naked then pitbulls dropped in,after a hour all those who survived are then skinned alive,i personally think clubbers are scum just like the sickos posting vids of themselves using chain saws to kill pigs or microwaving animals for a laugh.

And after they are skinned I would love to pour a big bag of salt onto them while burying them alive...

That would cover my expression for ONE DAY.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Make the previous comment for DAY TWO, 'cause on day one I would club their children to death in front of them. Even while some are being breastfed by their mother...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
God do some of you "people" hear what you sound like?

Hateful, mean, cruel, so very dark.

Some of you have sold your very souls and are not even aware of the mire your innerness swims in.

I'm not talking devil, hell, christian, brimstone - personally I don't buy that frap.

But god, many of you condoing either the beating to death of another living being is beyond repugnant, beyond human and while I don't believe in hell, I do believe in karma.

Whatever being you hurt here and now in this density - you will come back as that very being and have the same hurt done to you, sort of like a balancing out.

How to break free of karma, don't repay the hate with hate, the hurt with hurt - this is the only way you will ascend.

Some of you are truely poor lost souls - so blind you don't even see how deep you have fallen away from the source some call god.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Treat people and ANIMALS how you would like to be treated.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
Treat people and ANIMALS how you would like to be treated.

The voice of reason, the voice that does not create division nor hate, yet sadly may be on the whole ignored.
I was once fifteen when friends and I went Rabbit hunting.
The squeals from dying rabbits whilst one of my friends shrieked in laughter "turned me".
Look into any animals eyes,...oh Lord What do we do?...
Cuddle on eanimal be it a Dog,Cat, Possum,squirrel, oh Lord let them be.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Sorry, if I had the ability to photosynthesize for energy then I would kill a lot less living things...to bad I don't!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I support it to a degree as well.

Trappers have managed their lines for generations and have a stake in the line unlike bounty hunters whose tie to the land is not as symbiotic.

Of course I do not support a free for all. Look at the cod fisheries...you guys fudgkcaked that industry. This probably part of the reason to distrust the east.

(I say distrust the east in friendly jest...being from the west)

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Just a note to those who eat lamb.

Far cuter then a seal pup and you do grow attached to the cute little critters.

But butchering a trusting lamb to eat took all pleasure out of lamb for myself.

I do not eat it to this day.

Butchering calves the same for me...after that experience I do not eat veal.

I do eat steak from heifers and steers. I butchered and eat chickens, cows etc..

Anyhow I do understand both sides of the argument.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The problem here is that we have affected the ecology of the planet in ways that no one could have predicted. And does it matter if we stop or not? Some would say yes, others would say no, but neither fails to realize that there are consequences for their actions. Point in case, who here likes to go to the beach? Nice sunny day, waves rolling in, water nice and warm, and then one day, you can't cause there is now wild life, namely seals that were once hunted, and no longer there, and you are forbidden from doing such. Well you could go down the beach to swim, but would it matter, that an increase in prey animals also means that there is an increase in predators? You know the whole cycle of life and food chain thing? Well that is what is happening right now in California. The seals and sea lions are returning, and half of the population is split, half say let them stay, the other half says kick the seals out. The consequences is that where the prey goes, the predators will follow. I am waiting to see if there are an increase in shark sightings and attacks. The same point goes for the baby seal hunt, it has kept the population in check, it is regulated and monitored. Less prey, means less predators in the area. Change the balance, and stop the hunt, now the predator populations go up. And right now, the other question is, would you begrudge a person from trying to make ends meet and have some form or relief economically beyond government aid?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Less prey, means less predators in the area. Change the balance, and stop the hunt, now the predator populations go up. And right now, the other question is, would you begrudge a person from trying to make ends meet and have some form or relief economically beyond government aid?

You are referring to the Law of Unintended Consequences.

And as I have said, the Newfoundlanders have created a secondary industry (having lost the cod fishery) of harvesting jellyfish for the Japanese market.

Where is the outcry? Where is the beating of the breast for the poor jellyfish? Where is the international investigation of the catching methods?

Simple answer...they ain't cute, so they don't matter.

And I also repeat, talk to a Newf. Get a handle on the history of the Rock, and the travails of it's people. Until one has done so...one is talking through one's arse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join