It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the basterds up to now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

What are the basterds up to now?

www.youtube.com

Oki i see my self as a capebel person on the omputer and i wase locking in to the new Google OS and it shocked me a litel bit.
Fore when i watched the video (see link) the fackt is that nothing is stord on your omputer.As it`s mentiond in the video it is stateless.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Oki i see my self as a capebel person on the omputer and i wase locking in to the new Google OS and it shocked me a litel bit.
Fore when i watched the video (see link) the fackt is that nothing is stord on your omputer.As it`s mentiond in the video it is stateless.
What this means is that nothing is stord on your omputer but rather on the web. To me this is crazy that means that EVERYTHING you do will be stord on some server so ALL your personol files are in theory availebol to any person how knows how to crack a Firewall ore to. I know soem of you probeboly will argue that its safe and all that Google knows what they are doing and all that stuff. But the fackt is that the internett is NEVER a 100% safe. So in in simplefid terms your priavcy is GONE.

What do you others have to say about this?
Please excuse my bad spelling.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Norwegian88]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
You are 100% correct. I too watched a commercial about storing your data on their site. It's a bit like giving all of your passwords to a neighbor you never met. In a world where the average person puts just about every thought in their head online, I can see how this can be accepted. To many privacy is an illusion because they trust so many with their data. We must be wary of granting permissions to all who ask.

I always deselect those options when installing software.
Did you know that many times when acknowledging the Terms of Service, you are also allowing extra stuff to be installed? I have noticed that you can still install the program and run it anyway without accepting, so why grant permission?

I do not trust google. I will not use their storage, their emails, and as for their search engine, I use it as a last resort. Privacy to them is a joke. I read where they said as much about online surfing. So why make it easy for them? I have nothing to hide, but I also have nothing to share.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

No i did not know that thanks i`le keep that in mind.
And thanks fore replying dont seme like pepol dont cear fore this thread but if you ask me this is horefing.
What abaout PayPal password your files dokuemnts and everything else.
To me it make no seens at all that you whode want to store anything like that.
I`am going to quote you.
"I dont got any thing to hide, but nothing to shear ither."

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
They are going backwards to the original platform - mainframe -
S. Jobs and B. Gates broke the strings to the server -- it appears
back to the future is where the bastards are taking us... remember
the terminal platform.... well your terminal turned on, and the rest was up to the server... sounds like CHROME... to me

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

Yes its built on the Chrome Web Browser from Google if thats what you meant?

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Norwegian88]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Privacy protection is a balancing act between safety and freedom.
(Sounds familiar eh?) If you have too many barriers the web becomes a chore to function, if you don't, you are open to attacks.

If you run Linux you are somewhat limited, but you are relatively safe.
If you rely on Windows, you are less safe, but you can breeze through the internet quickly.

More on topic, if you keep your data at home, you are risking a hardware crash unless you back up your work. Google offers a guarantee that your data will be there when you need it, but if you get a virus that prevents you from going online, you lose that access.

meh, I'll pass on their offer.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Privacy was already completely gone before this and after it it will be double-completely gone

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Privacy was already completely gone before this and after it it will be double-completely gone

INDIDE!

top topics

join