It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE ON AN OLD TOPIC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Just thought I'd update all the "anti-abortion" folks

1,150,000 March on Washington, D.C. to Voice Opposition to Government Attacks on Women�s Reproductive Rights And Health

Official Crowd Count Largest Ever for Women�s Rights Rally in The Nation�s Capitol
(Washington, D.C.)�An estimated 1,150,000 descended on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. today to give an urgent wake-up call to government leaders and the nation�women�s lives are at risk and lawmakers stop intruding on a woman�s right to access critical reproductive health services and make deeply personal decisions about her health and life.

www.marchforwomen.org... pid=119&PHPSESSID=f5b52056d31caa86c4908243e5f406f6

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
While I am strictly pro-life, I do commend these people for standing up and speaking their minds.

There is not enough of that in this country. I still think it should be outlawed though.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Are they simply talking about abortion, or partial-birth abortion.

Abortion is one thing, partial-birth is another. Partial-birth was recently outlawed, (hey, something Bush did do). It has never been proven to save the life of a pregnant woman.

And abortion. If you don't want to have a baby. Don't have sex. If you do have sex, with or without a condom, birth control, whatever, prepare to invite a several pound gift 9 months later. Its only a matter of time before a swimmer gets through. Abortion is just another way for people to get out of something they don't want to be in and the thought of it makes me mad.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'm against abortion 100% and I'm against the women's right to choose because most of the time women are confused and don't know what they want.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'll always be confused by the fact that liberals want to legalize partial-birth abortion and ban the death penalty for convicted murderers.

This isn't about the right to "choose". You don't "choose" to take a human life.

If you like, you can "choose" to keep your legs together, or "choose" to keep your accursed pants on, but don't "choose" to slay a fetus that might one day change the world for the better.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenographer
I'll always be confused by the fact that liberals want to legalize partial-birth abortion and ban the death penalty for convicted murderers.

This isn't about the right to "choose". You don't "choose" to take a human life.

If you like, you can "choose" to keep your legs together, or "choose" to keep your accursed pants on, but don't "choose" to slay a fetus that might one day change the world for the better.

Or "slay" a fetus that might be the next Hitler. Or Stalin. Or Ted Bundy. This speculative "What If?" is a game no one can win so it is best not to play.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Well, Nancy, people like Hitler, Stalin, and Bundy are why we kill people after they're born.

It really isn't a question of "what if". It's a question of morality. I, personally, see something a bit wrong with murdering an unborn child... I don't know about you guys, but, as a former fetus myself, I don't see where people get off making that kind of decision about an innocent creature like that.

Of course, you have the right to disagree... but, if you'd had a hole poked in your head and your brains sucked out before you were even born, I suppose it'd be a different story.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What I was saying was that you were trying to say that a fetus might grow up to change the world. That is the speculative "What I?"

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venus
women�s lives are at risk and lawmakers stop intruding on a woman�s right to access critical reproductive health services and make deeply personal decisions about her health and life.

For one, i'm against abortion. It says they want to make deeply personal decisions and abortion is the way to do it. Well quite obviously they werent thinking about their health and life when they went and got pregnant now were they? Even if the woman was raped, I know she wouldnt want to look in the face of her child and see the man that raped her, but she should have the child and at least put it up for adoption. Abortion is just plain wrong.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Ill bet someone a significant amount of money that the number of people (1,150,000) stated in that first post is over estimated by 25 percent or more.

Womens rights.....

I hate it when people talk about the womens rights in regards to abortion. Establish whether or not the child has rights before even considering the womens rights. Because if we as a nation decide that the child has rights, or does not have rights, that is when we can start talking about women and there health rights. The longer we talk about the womens rights, the more time we waste trying to devide morally as a country whether the child should have them....and that is first priority.

The arguments are so skewed in my head.......my apologies.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
I'm against abortion 100% and I'm against the women's right to choose because most of the time women are confused and don't know what they want.

Then you're in favor of males having their tubes tied and being very fastidious about birth control, yes?

It takes two to make that baby. You need to address the "mate-and-run" type men, there.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Generally...

I think it's ironic that the same people who want to ban abortion are the same people that also look at birth control as a bad thing and that sex is a bad thing itself as well. And yet, these are also the people who are content to continue to pay no attention to the environment or the problem of overpopulation.

These conservatives are, in my mind, as unrealistic as liberals in that they want what they want and care nothing for the consequenses or the means. They just think that if everyone would just settle for thinking the same way they do, everything would be just peachy.

Well, unfortunately, everything won't be just peachy.

I agree. Do away with abortion except in cases of rape or incest, or where the life of the mother is endangered by gestation. Then stop burning so much god damn oil, stop the kids from watching 27 hours of TV a week, do something about the water and food crisis we are bearing, and start managing the Earth in such a way that will sustain the 4 billion people that are going to be born in the next 50 years, or we're all going to be screwed!

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by DeltaChaos]

top topics

join