It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Might Obama secretly want Brown to win?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Is it possible Obama wants Brown too win secretly? Is it possible he has realized alot of Americans are opposed to this idea, especially with the whole union tax debacle? If Brown wins, and Obamacare is defeated.......it's a win win for team Obama..........I tried, the Republicans shot it down. Maybe it's all just a way to save his hide. Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Could be. The way the public feels about his insurance company gift he's sure to be hated if it passes and over the long run the R's can keep reminding the public that it's the D's fault as their benefits get taxed, they get penalized for not handing the insurance companies their money and still millions are without adequate care.

The problem is this would assume they care at all how we feel. The R's and the D's working toward the same goals dont care one way or the other if we're upset by this bill or blame one half of them for years to come. The half we arent blaming will just keep on with the same agenda. Grow the gov and subvert liberty at every turn.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

if thats the case he is the weakest and most horrible president ever.... Even with a Dem Majority Bush managed to get his bills passed... Whats Barrys excuse?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There are a lot of political talking heads who believe that the GOP winning Congress and the Senate in '94, combined with Clinton's push of a publically unpopular (though nowhere near as unpopular as Obama's plan) health care bill saved Clinton's presidency and opened the door for him to win a second term. He had pressed himself into an unwinable war so long as his party held a majority... either pass a plan the public didn't want or look weakened and frail when his own party refused to pass his plan. The GOP gave him an out.

Obama, on the other hand, cannot win this in any way whatsoever. The bill will fail, but it will fail after his party attempts to force it through... the supermajority is their only way to pass this bad idea which the vast majority of Americans oppose. With the Clinton bill, they were able to vote for it, knowing that it wouldn't pass the GOP majority and tell their constituents "We voted for it to make a statement that *something* needed to be done, but we also realized the Republican majority would see to it that our vote wouldn't count... so it was a symbolic gesture of unity within the Democrat party." and the sheep were appeased. Now it's going to be practically impossible for them to defend their support of this bill because they have essentially given their costituents who don't approve of the bill the middle finger, an action which will NOT be forgotten come November.

The one thing a Brown win will assure is that we'll see next to no significant legislation passed until after November because the GOP will fillibuster virtually everything that crosses the Senate floor from the Obama adminsitration's lap dogs (and rightfully so! Go fillibuster, go!)

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Well, so far he's been falling back on the same two excuses. I imagine the meetings go like this......"Can I blame this on President Bush?" "I can't, well then blame the republicans for not being bipartisan, the public may not notice we don't need the republicans.....so yeah, blame them." He and his administration are so ineffective it's scary.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Be happy folks, remove yer costumes, this is the road to getting the neo con game on

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Republicans wins in 1994 helped Clinton in 1996. The grown-ups took control and stopped the liberal nonsense. Clinton had to move to the center and got re-elected because of it.

I don't think Obama is as smart as Clinton though. On the Democrat smartness scale he is still just below Jimmy Carter, who BTW was a 1-term President.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have a different take on this. I believe that the tragic Health Care legistaion will be passed, even with Brown in the Senate. I believe that the insurance industry absolutely needs this bill in order to survive, and they know it. As the price of health care has skyrocketed more and more employers have been forced to drop health insurance from their employee benefits packages and their subscription rolls have been shrinking. This bill will mandate that ALL Americans must have insurance but will impose little or no madates on the industry to make health care affordable. WIN-WIN for the insurance companies. There is growing suspicions among the increasingly disenfranchised Democratic Progressives that Obama had inked this deal with the Insurance lobby even before he was elcted, so, you see, he IS keeping his promises, he's just not keeping the ones he made to people in our tax brackets.

I also think that, if Brown wins, it will be attributed to the anger and the sense of betrayal that so many of the Democratic Party's base is feeling over Obama's policy decisions, and they will be right. I don't know about you folks, but, personally, i know a lot of people who worked hard to get this conman elected and who are now saying; "we could have left Bush in office if we wanted this s**t!".

Does this mean that the next major election is lost to the Dems? I don't think so. They still have time to get the base back. They could start by putting a few of those Wall Street goons in prison where they belong instead of paying them off with our money. THat would be a start and would get a lot of folks back on their side. As for me, I have personally taken an oath to never vote for either party again. From now on it's strictly 3rd party/Independent. It is obvious that neither party has any interest in representing me so it is obvious that I need to do whatever I can to minimize their power over me. I think it's high time for some new blood in politics. Vote 3rd/Indy!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well, since Brown won, I guess we'll see shortly. I hope I'm right just so we don't get stuck with this horrible bill they are trying to stick us with now. It'll be interesting to see the spin that gets slapped on this over the next couple of days. Obama's 0 and 3 for stumping, I hope he keeps it up.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

No, no, ten times no. Put this in the waste basket with questions sometimes posed as to whether a politician "perhaps really just wants to be the VP", rather than president. Successful politicians are hard-wired to win, foremost and relentlessly, sometimes, often, to the point of self-dillusion; those who aren't fall by the wayside. Not going to get into more complexities of personality than this.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Republicans wins in 1994 helped Clinton in 1996. The grown-ups took control and stopped the liberal nonsense. Clinton had to move to the center and got re-elected because of it.

I don't think Obama is as smart as Clinton though. On the Democrat smartness scale he is still just below Jimmy Carter, who BTW was a 1-term President.

Obama already played his "centrist" card to get himself elected. The hideous glare of his true colors can no longer be concealed. Ditto on a one term wonder if he doesn't resign first.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

if thats the case he is the weakest and most horrible president ever.... Even with a Dem Majority Bush managed to get his bills passed... Whats Barrys excuse?

You called it!

It would be the weakest spin attempt ever for a dem to claim this is what obama really wanted because he was too spineless to say for himself that he didn't like the healthcare bills.

new topics

top topics

join