It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four US soldiers cast doubt on Gitmo 'suicides'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Okay...yeah.... I'm not seeing any responses yet on the bottom line of what I'm trying to convey. All I'm reading is people nitpicking about how I said it could be accomplished.

I think that's called not seeing the forest thru the trees.

I didn't mean to get anybody's butthole in a pucker about any of this, so let's just leave it at that.

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
Okay...yeah.... I'm not seeing any responses yet on the bottom line of what I'm trying to convey. All I'm reading is people nitpicking about how I said it could be accomplished.

I think that's called not seeing the forest thru the trees.

I didn't mean to get anybody's butthole in a pucker about any of this, so let's just leave it at that.

Peace

No, it's called not wanting to listen to racist scum bags that do nothing but contradict themselves over and over again.

Don't even begin to assume that the prisoners in Gitmo were poor, innocent people. They weren't. And I'm not basing that on what my government tells me. I'm basing that on what their culture tells me.

That is a surprising blanket statement to be making. Which culture are you referring to? Muslims? Islam? Or all of those damn sand 'n-word's?

This world needs more love and togetherness. Not hatred and violence. How do we achieve that? By dipsosing of those who do practice hatred and violence. And no, we are not putting ourselves on their level. It's called the ends justifying the means.

The end always justifies the means right? War = peace. Yup.

Now,I'm not saying that that is why our military/government is doing what they're doing, I'm not stupid. All I'm saying is that , in this case, it's not a bad thing because of who they are doing it to.

whuuuaat? I thought it didn't bring us down to their level. So now torturing three people to death is not bringing us down to their level - no wait - it's not even a bad thing for us to be doing! Yay!!!

Imagine for 1 minute, there are 100 Gitmos around the world and various governments are doing what the U.S. did to people who, really, have no redeeming qualities whatsoever. It's just a matter of time, a mathematical reality, before all people who want to hate and kill for whatever wanton reason, are dead themselves.

Now you threw math into the equation? How many extremists were "those people" able to recruit because of the abuses at abu ghraib and guantanamo? How many brothers, cousins, sons and fathers vowed jihad against the evil US because they kidnapped some innocent farmer or taxi driver and locked them away or tortured them or disappeared them into some non-public black site?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join