It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead snake with a foot found

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It may seem like the incidence of these freakish things is becoming increasingly common, but it correlates with the adoption of the internet and the global spread of information.
I'd say that these teratogenic beasties haven't become much more common, but there's always the possibility of pollution coming along and messing with the genes of embryos. I'm just surprised that the snake had a limb. They're complex things. It must have been a pretty big mutation on a good few genes.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
oh wow, that's pretty neat! it does just look like a mutation though. darn.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
This foot didn't grow out of the snake, it was still attached to the lizard the snake ate. Not every meal goes down willingly.
I've watched a black rat snake swallow a big toad only to be torn apart by our dog. Covered in slime the toad hopped away to live another day.

Wow. What do you suppose the odds are of it finding a lizard that shares the exact same skin pattern?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
This foot didn't grow out of the snake, it was still attached to the lizard the snake ate. Not every meal goes down willingly.
I've watched a black rat snake swallow a big toad only to be torn apart by our dog. Covered in slime the toad hopped away to live another day.

Wow. What do you suppose the odds are of it finding a lizard that shares the exact same skin pattern?
www.abovetopsecret.com... The skin pattern matches because it is the snakes skin. It is stretched around the lizards leg. The foot and claws of the lizard are the only parts of it sticking through the hernia in the snakes side.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
im sure it isnt from any lizard it could have eaten otherwise the autopsy wouldve been a short one and we would know the conclusion by now...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
www.abovetopsecret.com... The skin pattern matches because it is the snakes skin. It is stretched around the lizards leg. The foot and claws of the lizard are the only parts of it sticking through the hernia in the snakes side.

Um...uh...no.

I am not even clicking on your link so I have no idea who made that insane claim to begin with but that is not how snake skin works. Anyone that thinks the scales somehow magically decided to grow in a pattern fitting the new shape is a little on the INSANE side.

[edit on 1/29/10 by Lillydale]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Um...uh...no.

I am not even clicking on your link so I have no idea who made that insane claim to begin with but that is not how snake skin works. Anyone that thinks the scales somehow magically decided to grow in a pattern fitting the new shape is a little on the INSANE side.

Okay. I am pleased that you are so open-minded to NOT click on the link. Thanks also for questioning my sanity. You can rest assured that I am going to rush off to the hospital to sign myself into the psych ward. Please read the preceding with copious amounts of SARCASM. Do you know what a hernia is? en.wikipedia.org... If you don't, feel free to look. There is no magic involved. The snakes skin and scales stretch to hold what bulges out in the herniated area. The pattern stays there.... the snakes original pattern..... no magic, just a hernia. Lizard foot and claws have pierced the skin of the snake.
BTW, feel free to tell me how a snakes skin works, I've skinned a few of them.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
That's a pretty big snake. I respect the woman that beat it to death with a shoe. I probably would have ran away like a little girl.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Okay. I am pleased that you are so open-minded to NOT click on the link.

Because you are a little late with your link to another thread. I am a member of ATS. Notice that? I have seen that thread already and all it is is someone else claiming the same thing you just claimed. That is not proof and that is why I see no need to go back and look at it some more.

Thanks also for questioning my sanity. You can rest assured that I am going to rush off to the hospital to sign myself into the psych ward.

Because of my questioning? Seems a little oversensitive as a reaction but ok. Whatever you like.

Please read the preceding with copious amounts of SARCASM. Do you know what a hernia is? en.wikipedia.org... If you don't, feel free to look.

Yes and I also know what snakes are. Do you want to offer up a link there?

There is no magic involved. The snakes skin and scales stretch to hold what bulges out in the herniated area.

Is this the sarcasm? Scales do not stretch like that. That is the main problem with this theory. Sorry but while you are looking up hernia and reading other ATS threads, how about you educate yourself about the scales on a snake.

The pattern stays there.... the snakes original pattern..... no magic, just a hernia.

That is exactly what would happen in that case. This is not that case. The pattern does not match the scales on the side and belly of the snake. They only match the overall color scheme.

Lizard foot and claws have pierced the skin of the snake.

LOL.

Please show us some photos of the scales you have stretched out to fit over a leg in perfect patter. Please do it please. So you have skinned a couple of snakes. I am a herpetologist. I win.

p.s. you might want to look up sarcasm too. You seem to have that all wrong as well.

[edit on 2/1/10 by Lillydale]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
That is straight up mutation/evolution right there. It is not a successful mutation though. If it had two legs it would be on its way to becoming a lizard or a T-rex.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Because you are a little late with your link to another thread. I am a member of ATS. Notice that? I have seen that thread already and all it is is someone else claiming the same thing you just claimed. That is not proof and that is why I see no need to go back and look at it some more.

Thanks also for questioning my sanity. You can rest assured that I am going to rush off to the hospital to sign myself into the psych ward.

Because of my questioning? Seems a little oversensitive as a reaction but ok. Whatever you like.

Please read the preceding with copious amounts of SARCASM. Do you know what a hernia is? en.wikipedia.org... If you don't, feel free to look.

There is no magic involved. The snakes skin and scales stretch to hold what bulges out in the herniated area.

Is this the sarcasm? Scales do not stretch like that. That is the main problem with this theory. Sorry but while you are looking up hernia and reading other ATS threads, how about you educate yourself about the scales on a snake.

The pattern stays there.... the snakes original pattern..... no magic, just a hernia.

That is exactly what would happen in that case. This is not that case. The pattern does not match the scales on the side and belly of the snake. They only match the overall color scheme.

Lizard foot and claws have pierced the skin of the snake.

LOL.

Please show us some photos of the scales you have stretched out to fit over a leg in perfect patter. Please do it please. So you have skinned a couple of snakes. I am a herpetologist. I win.

p.s. you might want to look up sarcasm too. You seem to have that all wrong as well.

[edit on 2/1/10 by Lillydale] Thanks, I got a laugh out of that. 'That' being you. I am well aware of the definition of sarcasm. If you knew what sarcasm was you wouldn't have written that reply to my crack about the psych ward. I don't question that you might be a herpetologist, but you certainly weren't an English major! How about this, instead of me performing a surgical procedure on a snake to weaken its abdominal wall, cut through its alimentary canal in the appropriate spot, shove a lizard down its throat and form a hernia for the lizards leg before pushing its foot and claw through its skin(whew!, then take photos to put up! double whew!), why don't you show me the results of the post mortem study that was supposed to be done in China? Maybe that would be easier. A little hint, they may not have issued a press release for the results of the examination to announce that a snake swallowed a lizard! Ha Ha... herpetologist.... you must specialize Testudines, they don't tend to blow hernias like a snake, and they are often S- L- O- W- E- R than snakes(read that however you like, tee hee).
How's that for oversensitive?

[edit on 2-2-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

You also may want to look up the word PRECEDING, it refers here to the things that I wrote BEFORE the please read.... statement. Did you bother to read it? Or do you really have trouble with the before/after thingy???????

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

No, I just did not get the sarcasm in the PRECEDING post so I thought maybe you meant something else. This would be why I asked. If you have to explain your sarcasm, what is the point?

The skin pattern matches because it is the snakes skin. It is stretched around the lizards leg. The foot and claws of the lizard are the only parts of it sticking through the hernia in the snakes side.

So what is the sarcasm. I do not see it in either post. See why I am asking. Anyway, if all you have is sarcasm you then have to explain then I am not all that interested in your responses. I was not looking to play games with an amateur comedian.

p.s. Could you try to edit your posts so that they make a little sense. The first response to me makes it look like I said things I did not and the second is one big quote. Perhaps before whipping out your sarcasm you should get the basics of formatting a post down. It is great to be clever but not before you can actually pull it off.

[edit on 2/2/10 by Lillydale]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Is this the sarcasm? Scales do not stretch like that. That is the main problem with this theory. Sorry but while you are looking up hernia and read............

This entire post is edited to make it appear that I said what I did not say. I am assuming it is just a simple mistake but it clearly says that I stated the sentences that were not mine.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Scales do not stretch like that. That is the main problem with this theory. Sorry but while you are looking up hernia and reading other ATS threads, how about you educate yourself about the scales on a snake.

Okay, Herpetologist. I am sorry, the way I had that written, a non-herpetologist may have thought that scales stretch. The SKIN however, that does stretch. Any herpetologist worth a p**p would know that, though. I know a herpetologist doesn't need any education on this point either, but here goes. A hernia is like a balloon. The SKIN and underlying fascia stretch like a balloon. If you print a word on a balloon when it is DEFLATED, then inflate it later, the word is still there, but larger and fainter in color, and possibly distorted if the word is near where the balloon is tied shut. The PRECEDING statement is called an analogy, it fits too.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

I am NOT quoting the great herpetologist Lilyliver now. How about addressing a point about the hernia, skin, scales, the fact that you are addressing the sarcasm means that you're over your head as far as herpetology goes. The sarcasm is found in the critical remark that I made in reference to the psych ward. It was combined with irony as is often the case, maybe that threw you off. Back to the snake, you have made several conflicting statements regarding the pattern on the skin. Go read it, it's there in your own posts.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

These ARE your words.....[ Wow. What do you suppose the odds are of it finding a lizard that shares the exact same skin pattern? ]

Then later these, also your words, all from this page........[That is exactly what would happen in that case. This is not that case. The pattern does not match the scales on the side and belly of the snake. They only match the overall color scheme.] Have fun eating that, herpetologist.
If you eat crow, does that make you an ornithologist now????

[edit on 2-2-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

This entire post is edited to make it appear that I said what I did not say. I am assuming it is just a simple mistake but it clearly says that I stated the sentences that were not mine.
The post you are referring to was not edited at all, I quoted the entire post, nothing added or removed. If you don't like something that you wrote, that's too bad. I didn't change a thing on that one.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
That looks like a very poorly deformed lizard or snake. Probably just a deformed snake. It just goes to show that you can't breed lizards and snakes without making....THIS TYPE OF THING
lol, idk it isn't anything too special

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Is it definately a snake? What kind of snake is it? Could it be possible that it is actually a deformed lizard?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join