It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wonder Why The Swiss never get invaded, wonder no more~@!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
www.brasschecktv.com...

If elected\selected\drafted what ever, I will make this manditory for all males.
second line ... there is not much more than to say ... go ahead make my day!~

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I always thought it was the Alps.

Strategically maybe?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Reminds me of my family get togethers. That was pretty much what I think the founding fathers intended for us, to have an armed citizenry that could mobilize within 24-48 hours. Switzerland is also geographically nearly impossible to invade, ringed by mountains all around.

An armed public is a ready deterrent to crime. That's why they want to take away all the guns from the public, to make us all dependants on the government. Without the 2nd amendment we would quickly have no freedoms left. Their fear of us is the final wall they seek to take down.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I thought it was because the global elite have untold trillions deposited in Swiss banks.

They finance all sides of any conflict and are the financial heart of the military/industrial complex.

And the geography makes it logistically impossible to invade.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It's location yes. Also, they're armed, and presumably dangerous. Bad combo.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Although people in power repeat the same mistakes...over and over. The good and the bad guys know that power doesn't last forever and they need to plan their futures...TA DA! Swiss bank accounts.

Nazis, Soviets, S American Generals, African dictators, Intelligence chiefs, bent bankers and politicians. The list goes on.

Switzerland has been safe because it's where the money and the bodies can be buried.

Oh, forgot to add neutrality and having no extradition treaties made it a great haven too....and you just never know.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
They have self-detenating cuckoo clocks that take out whole city blocks in Switzerland. St Bernard dogs fitted with exocet sidewinder missiles and chocolate explosive handed out to every schoolchild. Invade at your peril!

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Circle]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This is what the Founders intended the 2nd Amendment to result in.

A few years ago I got really annoyed at the idiotic arguments about what the word "regulated" meant vis-a-vis the the 2nd Amendment, so I created a t-shirt that illustrated what they intended. It repeats the 2nd Amendment against a background of the Statue of Liberty holding the Bill of rights aloft with one hand and a rifle pointing down with the other with all the cognate words substituted for the word regulated. When you do that it is obvious what they meant.

If you look up the word "regulated" in a thesuarus, you'll find that the cognate words are more heavily associated with the idea of "equipped" than controlled. At the time of the Founders, "well-regulated" was understood to mean "well-equipped". Regulated at that time was a military usage relating to what we would call the TO&E, Tables of Organization & Equipment.

Don't believe me? Well, go look them up and then come argue the point. The idea of "regulated" as "controlled" didn't evolve until the Industrial Revolution, when regulators were required to control machines. This meaning then began to intrude upon the military usage.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

That, and they're armed. The Swiss, long before their banks, had a reputation as people not to be messed with.

Those of you who think it's just because of the banks need to read up on the Swiss Confederation (I think that's what it was called) during the 16th/17th century... The origins, for those who care, of the Swiss Guard at the Vatican date from this period.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

True, being armed and organized hasn't hurt any

In 20th Century history, the banks and the neutrality were key to survival. The Nazis could've rolled through Switzerland for fun. Instead they allowed them to continue...

In Switzerland, the people who lived through the war wanted to believe that it was their army and fortifications that kept the Nazis out. Historical research and documents clearly show that if the Nazis wanted to invade Switzerland, it would have been quick and relatively easy. The reason Germany spared its tiny neighbor to the south was because Switzerland proved much more useful as an independent state than as a satellite.

The Swiss made many useful weapon components (aluminium for the Luftwaffe, spark plugs for jeeps taken from the Russians, timing devices for bombs, among other things), and thus their factories were not bombed every night. The Swiss National bank bought gold from the Reichsbank, the Reichsbank was given Swiss francs in exchange, and used them to buy cobalt, nickel and tungsten from the other “neutral” countries.
Wartime Switzerland

Sorry it's such a big chunk of text, but it's all pretty useful to know...

Edit to add... The Swiss Guard of the Vatican or a thread by themselves if they haven't been done already

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Could Nazi Germany have conquered Switzerland?

Probably, yes. But neither easily nor swiftly.

And it wouldn't have been worth the price. The place would never have been secure enough to use, and would have sucked in enormous amounts of resources trying. Far easier and more productive to leave them alone, as the General Staff did.

So I'd say it was the Swiss attitude and armed citizenry that stopped them, not just the reasons cited in the reference. Switzerland is a military nightmare; if the Nazis tried, the war would have been over sooner.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Do you want to deal with any of this ?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4278a433e4c5.jpg[/atsimg]

I did not think so, keep on moving people.

Really, though there location likely has a lot to do with it.

top topics

join