It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haiti (Deep Conspiracy)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+112 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Ok, Tin Foil hats please...

Please keep all arms, legs, chakras, and antenna inside the thread at all times.

It's going to be a WILD RIDE!

(Backstory)

I was watching the Colbert Report from a few a few days ago, And Kathleen Sebelius, (Guest on his show, Secretary of Health and Human Services), Told everyone to Donate to the American Red Cross for Haiti Relief through their Cell Phones. ($10 donation)

While I respect the situation in Haiti, and feel for the people there, I have never really trusted the Red Cross.

Too many nefarious connections, too many lost dollars, too many bad vibes...

So, instead of denigrating them, I decided to do some digging into the Red Cross.

This thread is a the story of the connections that I found:

First, to understand the American Red Cross, we will have to look at its leadership, known as the "Board of Directors" their terms began in 2009.

*Gail J. McGovern (President, CEO)

*Ann Kaplan (Vice Chairman of the Executive Committee; Vice Chair of the Compensation and Management Development Committee)

*Suzanne Nora Johnson (Executive Committee; Chair of the Compensation and Management Development Committee)

*Paula E. Boggs (Audit and Risk Management Committee)

*Allan Goldberg (Chair, QRC Subcommittee, Audit and Risk Management Committee)

*Sanford "Sandy" Belden (Chair of the Audit and Risk Management Committee; Executive Committee)

*Steve Wunning (Vice Chair, Audit and Risk Management Committee; Compensation and Management Development Committee)

*Cesar Aristeiguieta (Audit and Risk Management Committee)

*H. Marshall Schwarz (Audit and Risk Management Committee)

*Melanie Sabelhaus (Chair, Philanthropy Committee; Executive Committee)

*Richard M. Fountain (Vice Chair, Philanthropy Committee)

*Jerry "James" Goodwin (Philanthropy Committee)

*Richard Patton (Philanthropy Committee)

*Bonnie McElveen-Hunter (Chairman, Executive Committee)

*Joe Pereles (Vice Chairman, Executive Committee)

*Laurence E. Paul (Vice Chairman – Finance, Executive Committee)

*Jim Keyes (Vice Chair, Governance and Board Development Committee)

*Youngme Moon (Governance and Board Development Committee)

*Anna Maria Larsen (Governance and Board Development Committee)

There... Now that we got the Board of Directors out of the way...

Let's get to the meat of the story, shall we?

Starbucks is a company that sells coffee.

I think this is common knowledge, but did you know that one of Haiti's primary exports is coffee?

Minimum wage disputes have long been an issue in Haiti, the previous minimum wage was 70 gourdes ($1.75) per day, that the Parliament voted to increase to 200 gourdes ($5) per day.

This attempt was rebuffed by president René Préval, and an agreement was reached to set the minimum wage at 125 gourdes per day instead.

This decision came upon Business concerns over the economic ramifications of raising the minimum wage.

Haiti's special economic situation revolves around its low payed workers, the duty free exports to the united states, and its proximity to the united states markets.

www.caribbeannetnews.com...

Interestingly enough, Paula E. Boggs, Executive vice president, general counsel and secretary of Starbucks Coffee Company, is also on the Audit and Risk Management Committee of the American Red Cross.

alumni.jhu.edu...

The Haitian leadership has been plagued over the years with scandals of kickbacks, embezzlement, and extortion.

None so prolific as the financial abuse of the Haitian owned Telecom company, whose funds were imbezzled by then president Jean-Bertrand Aristide.

en.wikipedia.org...

It should come as no surprise that the Hatian telcom market is so lucrative, considering the numerous Haitians living within the continental United States who call their relatives in Haiti.

The Kickbacks were in the form of "Connection Termination Charges" that were placed onto the US callers, and the funds were handled by the Latin American division of AT&T, whom Aristide ordered to move to a numbered offshore bank account in Panama, while he was in the United States.

The international TelCom Industries has been trying to get the Haitian Government to Publicize the State owned Telcom company for quite some time...

www.corpwatch.org...

Now that they have been hit by this Giant Quake... The Haitian Government may have no choice in the matter.

Oddly Enough, Gail J. McGovern, the President/CEO of the American Red Cross, also holds a Top managing Position at AT&T.

en.wikipedia.org...

The rebuilding effort in Haiti will likely require huge amounts of money, and expensive machinery.

The Restructuring of the Manufacturing base in Haiti will require precision tools and other services.

This effort will more than likely cost millions of dollars.

One Company that has graciously committed to help in the rebuilding efforts, is Caterpillar Inc. the manufacturer of heavy construction machinery.

And, Lucky for them, Steve Wunning the Vice Chair of Audit and Risk Management Committee and member of the Compensation and Management Development Committee of the American Red Cross... Just so happens to be the Group President of Caterpillar Inc. and ALSO, the Director of Kennametal Inc. (Precision tool manufacturer)

people.forbes.com...

The serious situation in Haiti is exacerbated by the poor health records for the country.

AIDS in Haiti effects one in ten.

The medicines that will be required by the Red Cross to help the suffering of the Haitian people will in all likelihood cost millions of dollars.

Luckily, Merck has a viable AIDS treatment drug, "Isentress" (Raltegravir) that could help, in addition to being a HUGE supplier of other pharmaceuticals.

Such an Odd coincidence, that Allan Goldberg, The Chair for the QRC Subcommittee and member of the Audit and Risk Management Committee for the American Red Cross... Also happens to be the Executive Director at Merck and Co. Inc.

www.linkedin.com...

I swear, the Deeper I look into this thing, the Nastier it gets.

Ann Kaplan (Vice Chairman of the Executive Committee; Vice Chair of the Compensation and Management Development Committee) serves on the Boards of Financial Guaranty Insurance Company and the Goldman Sachs Bank.
www.columbia.edu...

Suzanne Nora Johnson (Executive Committee; Chair of the Compensation and Management Development Committee)
is an American corporate lawyer and executive. Until 2007, she was Vice Chairman of Goldman Sachs, Chairman of the Global Markets Institute, head of the firm's Global Investment Research Division, and a member of the firm's Management Committee.
en.wikipedia.org...

I keep hearing Theories about how the Haiti Earthquake was *CAUSED* by some earthquake machine, or Bombs or whatever....

And I tell ya, it looks less and less far fetched the deeper into this story I go.

Interesting, No?

-Edrick

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I see the links and understand what you are saying but.... if I were to set up a group of people to say run a charity for domestic abuse then I would want it's directors and members to have expertise or their fingers in such things as medicine, counselling, housing, law, police, childcare, marriage guidance....

It would be little or no use for them to be farmers, electricians and swimming instructors...

[edit on 19-1-2010 by yzzyUK]

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Good for you getting an understanding of the term Military Industrial Complex... Few ever do...

Military, Ivy league, Banking and Law all the way...

Bio research, heavy equipment... Rockefeller foundation...

All sorts of interesting connections all the way...

Red Cross gets to go everywhere...of course everyone involved has major elite connections... Not all Humanitarian here or in any other American Company short of the newer tech start ups in the digital world

People in here are washing over entirely the fact that Haiti is right next to Cuba and striking range to Venezuela entirely even tho I mention it every day...

A coincidence that New Orleans was retro fitted for major refining? Better transport and protection? I think not...

When your country declares they will "own the Weather by 2020" is there a reason NOT to take them seriously?

Of course we did this... it's almost obvious...

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
I see the links and understand what you are saying but.... if I were to set up a group of people to say run a charity for domestic abuse then I would want it's directors and members to have expertise or their fingers in such things as medicine, counselling, housing, law, police, childcare, marriage guidance....

It would be little or no use for them to be farmers, electricians and swimming instructors...

[edit on 19-1-2010 by yzzyUK]

I understand what you are saying, but Goldman Sachs?

Starbucks?

AT&T?

Most of the Board of Directors for the Red Cross is Lawyers and Bankers.

Coupled with the HUGE amounts of money that the Red Cross "Keeps" instead of spending for victims...

It seems to me that it has become a system for funneling money from honest and noble individuals, to greedy corporations through charity.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
yzzz has a point on why you would need those resources if your the red cross...

But I would maintain, we have publicly declared what we are doing in regards to this capacity...

And that every one of these individuals has other interests, like Caterpillars Military Contracts others including women are ex Military...

The strategic importance of Haiti in regards to Venezuela and Cuba and the fact that the last "disaster" allowed for a lot of Oil capacity to be improved in regards to Haliburtons refineries and the ability to support larger transport via dredging...

These things are likely not coincidence...

All I can say is... what I have said before...

If they play this game they God damned better win or we are all screwed when this comes to light...

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Excellent work S&F for this, on the face of it there seems to be something quite smelly here.

It's quite saddening that ATS members have to do the work of well paid reporters, obviously Paris Hiltons' breasts are more important

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I would bet my life on the fact that 'charities' pocket some (not all) of the money donated, wherever there is huge amounts of money there is corruption thats a fact.

I read somewhere that on average only 40% of the money gets to where its supposed to be. I am positive that there is more to this earthquake than meets the eye. Lets look at the evidence:

1. America are now coordinating the relief
2. America are stopping haitians from getting the relief at the airports as the supplies are being taken to a secure compound in order to give out to 'special cases'
3. A French charity company and an American commander has had a bust up due to the fact that the 'american' are being accused of occupying Haiti and not helping the people.
4. Charity Relief planes were not allowed to land in the airport for more than 30 hours after the earthquake.
5. Search and rescue did not start until 48 hours later.
6. The war in Iraq is coming to a head so where now can the contractors go?
7. Within a few hours there were sponsor banners all over the internet,radio and television asking for people to donate their money.

Isn't it a coincedence that its always the poor areas that get hit by these quakes and then the same old people lend a hand at a profit? I will say again its a fact that wherever there is money there is corruption at whatever price.

To many coincedences and abnormaliities if you ask me it has set up all over it.

Charity salaries can take your breath away, new study finds

[edit on 19-1-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The Red Cross is loaded heavily at the top, too heavy for me to donate to them. I have worked with a group called the Mennonite Central Committee. They collect food and comfort goods and distribute them at the areas where they are needed. When I say 'they', I mean volunteers from the organization go with the food and goods to the countries and distribute them. The Red Cross is a 'for profit corporation' compared to them. If I were to drop off one roll of toilet paper at the MCC, they would accept it gladly and thank me for it. Try that with the Red Cross, they want $$$$ from your cell phone.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Nice research!

If you look a little deeper, you'll find Bill Clinton in the middle of it all.

For example, if you dig up the 2008 Clinton Global Initiative *CGI* Annual Forum attendee list, you will find the head of Starbucks, Chairman of Goldman Sachs, etc.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
What's up?

USA taking control for what?

For OIL

Oil the Clinton administration is quoted to say "We'll fall back on when the other oil in the world dries up" (something to that effect)...

Deep ports, and lots of yummy yummy oil.

I suppose I should go get the articles...

Spoon feed time! I'll be right back with a source...

source

There is evidence that the United States found oil in Haiti decades ago and due to the geopolitical circumstances and big business interests of that era made the decision to keep Haitian oil in reserve for when Middle Eastern oil had dried up.

There is also good evidence that these very same big US oil companies and their inter-related monopolies of engineering and defense contractors made plans, decades ago, to use Haiti's deep water ports either for oil refineries or to develop oil tank farm sites or depots where crude oil could be stored and later transferred to small tankers to serve U.S. and Caribbean ports.

Tap Haiti's oil, keep it so poor it will be grateful for slave wages at sweatshops. Let sexual tourism and the white sex-abusers do as they will. Transfer quickly more Haiti properties to foreigners and render the "good" Haitians as maids, butlers and servants in US/Euro-owned Haiti tourist resorts like the rest of the Caribbean. Militarize Haiti so that dissent is not possible even as a thought. That's perhaps UN Envoy, Bill Clinton's "best chance in my lifetime" scenario for Haiti. (more) (much more)

peace

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Here is a link to a map from the "White Book" showing oil reserves directly under the epicenter of the quake.
www.margueritelaurent.com...
*note the area shaded as HYC (hydrocarbons) next to Port-Au-Prince

Hmm.

In the Dunn Plantation and Georges Michel papers, we find and deploy further details as to why the US is in Haiti with this attempted Bill Clinton facelift to the UN's continued occupations.

For, no matter the disguise or media spins it's also about Haiti's oil reserves, and about securing Haiti's deep-water ports as transshipment location for oil or for tank sites to store crude oil without interference from a democratic government beholden to its informed population's welfare. (See Reynold's deep water port in Miragoane/NIPDEVCO property

[edit on 19-1-2010 by abluecollarvoice]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by abluecollarvoice
reply to post by silo13

Here is a link to a map from the "White Book" showing oil reserves directly under the epicenter of the quake.
*note the area shaded as HYC (hydrocarbons) next to Port-Au-Prince

Hmm.

In the Dunn Plantation and Georges Michel papers, we find and deploy further details as to why the US is in Haiti with this attempted Bill Clinton facelift to the UN's continued occupations.

For, no matter the disguise or media spins it's also about Haiti's oil reserves, and about securing Haiti's deep-water ports as transshipment location for oil or for tank sites to store crude oil without interference from a democratic government beholden to its informed population's welfare. (See Reynold's deep water port in Miragoane/NIPDEVCO property

[edit on 19-1-2010 by abluecollarvoice]
Hmmm..... I see Silver, GOLD and copper on the map too.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Red Cross ripping people off is nothing new..

9/11/01... Remember the big ass drive they had on tv a few days after that to "Donate" to the victims of that day...

Well long story short they did raise quite a bit of money.. after they declared war on Afghanistan they stated to the victims that they arent allowed to have anyone of the "Donated" money because it is now a wartime fund.

If i donated I do what the one guy above said.. give food, clothes, and necessities.. I do not trust big game charities because they are more likely to rip you off blind..

I will try and find a link to this and get back but I am sure some 9/11 researchers remember this.

::EDIT::

Below is some of what I was talking about.... Total raised by this fund was 2.7 billion dollars.. They victims of 9/11 seen very little of it.

Here is some info on this..

In response to the terrorist attacks, the American public donated unprecedented
amounts of money to charities nationwide. Questions were raised about where the
money was going and whether the victims and their families had access to the
donated money in a timely manner. To help assure victims and donors that the
money was getting to the intended beneficiaries promptly, hearings were held in the
U.S. House of Representatives on November 6 and 8, 2001. New York Attorney
General Eliot Spitzer testified, as did representatives of the Better Business Bureau
Wise Giving Alliance, among others. The American Red Cross was particularly
questioned because of concern that part of the $1 billion raised would be held in
reserve rather then spent on the 9/11 victims as was expected by the people who
donated the money. Subsequently, Red Cross officials declared that all the funds
raised for the Liberty Disaster Relief Fund would be distributed to 9/11 victims.

This is a pdf if you wanna read it.
:: MORE EDIT::

To date, the Red Cross has spent more than $140 million on services related to the Sept. 11 attacks. Nearly $44 million of that has been distributed to more than 2,200 affected families to help cover housing, childcare, food, and other expenses for about three months.

Another $67 million has been spent on immediate disaster relief needs, such as onsite food, shelter and other support for rescue workers and victims' families, the Red Cross said.

The organization expects to spend about $300 million through the next year on other terrorism-related efforts. The remaining funds, totaling more than $200 million, will be held in trust for victims of the terrorist attacks in future years, said Chief Financial Officer Jack Campbell.

Faux News

[edit on 1/19/2010 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
As I see it...

:Big disaster strikes somewhere, anywhere.
:Nice people everywhere contribute what becomes a huge sum of money, this for medicine, food, rebuilding, etc.
:All those things necessary for relief are bought from/provided by companies connected to the people who make the decisions for the charity... ie: those at the top.
: As an added bonus, while the money is being collected, and before it's spent, it probably adds to some company's asset portfolio (even if only for a short time).
: I'm sure there's a few other obvious ramifications I'm probably missing too

While none of it is illegal, it sure does whiff ever so slightly.

... or maybe it's just me

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well i gave to the Red Cross and i gave what i could. My heart and Karma are in the right place and if some elitist b@@tard wants to take the dough and add it to their build a bunk foundation, so be it.

I trust some force higher than us will take care of them.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The OP simply underscores the point that as you "rise up the pyramid", you see how interconnected the elite are. Any organization that is in the public eye is controlled by the elite. In-other-words, if you are familiar with a national/international organization's name (be it profit or none-profit) then you can be sure it is under the control of the elite. And the elite are controlled by big-banks. And the big-banks are the NWO. It isn't rocket science, but many people seem to be ignorant of this simple fact of the how the world "works".

So this is a great post by the OP - but these kinds of interconnected conflicts of interest are ubiquitous.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Well i gave to the Red Cross and i gave what i could. My heart and Karma are in the right place and if some elitist b@@tard wants to take the dough and add it to their build a bunk foundation, so be it.

I trust some force higher than us will take care of them.

Seriously?

Don't you think that making sure your money goes to the right place is sort of important?

I mean, if the only thing that matters is that your heart and karma is in the right place, then why don't you throw a bunch of cash into a huge pile in your front yard and burn it in sacrifice to the Earthquake God?

Good job exposing the strange connections with the Red Cross. If I donate I will try to use a charity that will give 100% of the money to the disaster victims instead of hoarding it for "future disasters"...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Star and a flag for having a mind that can come up with a solid conspiracy. I can't speak to the truth of it because everything is so interconnected.

Now if you could prove the red cross caused the earthquake...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

"People in here are washing over entirely the fact that Haiti is right next to Cuba and striking range to Venezuela entirely even tho I mention it every day... "

I too think this is going to be the true conspiracy. I dont beleive in earthquake machines i just think this is the USA being oportunistic and jumping on a freebie from mother nature. No one will question our role in moving into haiti and setting up a guard tower to watch our enemies to the south. Not too mention Irans involvement lately with venuzuela. There is a mounting tention in the world its gonna pop at some poit i think The USA is making sure it can perform damage control in various regions at high risk

[edit on 19-1-2010 by triplescorpio]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

caritas, has become a corporation the devil has so many faces and that list has many of them

i didn't know you need risk management to give charity, did jesus need a risk management to help others ?

the more i sea with my eyes this world the more i want to destory it

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join