It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can i get rid of the "warn" button???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
See what they're doing to me WW? Kicking SDog when he's down.
That's it, I'm changing my mood from "fluffy" to...

In light of the new knowledge that you placed the term "fluffy" in your mini-profile....I would think that the application of the red warn flag was a service to you...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

SD.....no, it seems to have been a mistake. When U2Us are working, you can write an appeal....it's happened to me, and I got points restored. The little red flag, however, will fade away after a certain time period (I think it's 72 hours).

Chin up!!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Dissociation is a state of acute mental decompensation in which certain thoughts, emotions, sensations, and/or memories are compartmentalized, diagnosed mostly in individuals with a history of trauma.
Why are you decompensating?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Why are you decompensating?

I think you answered your own question...

I started a thread at one point recently explaining it...it's around here somewhere and shouldn't be too hard to find...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Wow, thanks for the points guys!
I was going to say: "who do I have to "flag" around here to get some justice?" but you came through.
Mood adjusted accordingly.
ATS mods are the bestest mods ever!
I love you sooooooooo much.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Since this is Board Biz....it's OK to write just about anything, right??

I just needed to say....Schrodinger just let out a very good funny, and it should be noted!1

"Who do I have to 'flag' around here to get justice?"

Rich!!!! Very, very funny!!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Thought you should know...

Definition for Decompensate
Psychology The inability to maintain defense mechanisms in response to stress, resulting in personality disturbance or psychological imbalance.
Dictionary.com

But I am pleased that you seem to be so excited about your inabilities...

I kid, I jest, I only joke...

I would have sent this via u2u but it seems that this has become the official "give SD a difficult time" thread...

Oh...and no worries about the points...you had to have known it was a matter of time...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
You would get that red warning tag without an explanation or a Mod asking you to cease such behavior?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
old man
old man
old man

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Warning a member is a task that is never done lightly. The red flags are always accompanied by a discourse with staff.

SD's situation arose because of the u2u system being temporarily unavailable. 'Tis a rough time for us...

And we have already yanked the old man thrice rule. There is a new phrase that will likely never be stumbled upon...

[edit on 24-6-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Thanks for that insight, Memory.

I will admit, I've been the recipient of a few 'warns' myself.

I take them as a part of the learning curve, here at ATS.

This is a site of forae to helpfully educate. There will be mistakes along the way......

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I don't think I've had a warn yet. Now I feel left out...

Quick! Somebody give me some rules to break!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoHazard

Well....PsychoHazard.....

You have to breach the T&Cs....or maybe someone hits an 'ALERT' button on one of your posts....

But, as a Mod has already said, they agree, in a triumvirate, before a 'Warn" is issued.

Ummm....that's the story, and I'm sticking to it!!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

A case of the misbehaving mouse...

... or too many windows open on top of one another.

In my attempt to bring an underlying "window" into "focus", my mouse [I plead the fifth] inadvertantly clicked while passing over the "warn Schrodinger's best friend button". Unfortunately that action removed the post, took 500 points, and dressed the poor l'il fella in red.

Rest assured, though, after having taken said mouse to the woodshed, I replaced your post, returned the 500 points, and also applied a bit of a points "balm" in an effort to reduce any potential "inflammatory reaction".

Both I and that friggin mouse apologize for the error and can only hope that no hartz were broken along the way.

As others have mentioned, I had intended to convey the above explanation via U2U once the feature was back up and running, but alas the matter and concerns have been brought to light and addressed right here in this thread, out in the open.

Thanks for understanding Sd.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join