It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salad Fingers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I would like to bring ATS's attention to this cartoon names Salad Fingers.

I'm sure many of you may have see it before, and I am not posting this as having anything to do with conspiracy's.

The reason I am posting this is because it seriously is freaky haha, it is about a strange being named Salad Fingers, he seems to suffer from paranoid delusions and lives in nightmarish world.

You must see it if you have not already, there are quite a number of episodes.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I've seen it... I like it, i understand that it's surrealist humour is actually a parody of underlying mental health issues and such... David Firth is good at his twisted style of music and animation...

But what's the erm conspiracy?

Shouldn't this be on BTS?

[edit on 18-1-2010 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Lol, I haven't watched Salad Fingers in ages... it is freaky though

I like running my Salad Fingers on rusty spoons.....

I got the feeling this will be moved to BTS pretty soon. Nostalgia is always good though..

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Occy Anonymous]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Sorry, there is no conspiracy. I may not have made that clear enough.

What is BTS? I really wasn't sure where to post this... I'll post things like this in "BTS" from now on..

If you can direct me to where and what BTS is

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

www.belowtopsecret.com

It's the 'looser' side of ATS

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

BTS is below top secret. It's where just the entertaining non-conspiracy threads go, you can use your ATS account on it www.belowtopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Oh ok haha. I had no idea it existed! Thanks

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I was introduced to Salad Fingers by the woman I love.

Good show.

The guy likes his rusty spoooooons.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Does it need to be a conspiracy? It's messed up enough to qualify for ATS, IMHO.

I mean, seriously...

WOW.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

The guy likes his rusty spoooooons.

Hey I love rusty spoooons too!

But, seriously, Salad Fingers is deliciously dark, twisted and funny, seriously creepy too...I love it!
I'm not sure what that says about me though.

Here's one of my favourite Salad Finger vids:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Eevee

Hey Eevee,

I was reading the replies on YouTube and some one mentioned that Salad Fingers is one of the few survivors of a nuclear holocaust and that he is working through the few memories he was left with or something of a nature.

Have you ever heard of that?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Hi Izzy,

No, I have never heard of that explanation for SF's strange behaviour, I just thought he was a creepy weirdo but it sort of makes sense.

I would love to know where the inspiration came from for this character though, oh and why does he have salad fingers, what's all that about.?

I'll have to investigate further.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

"It is implied that the desolate world Salad Fingers inhabits is the aftermath of the "Great War", a conflict which is referenced several times in the more recent episodes."

Killing comes natural to him, so he seems to a former soldier horribly disfigured from a war and suffering from psychosis. (maybe he seems himself as green because of the army uniform) It's like Salad Fingers created a whole world in his own head to escape from the horrors of a giant war and is still unable to get away from his killing instincts.

Could be the rusty spoons thing has something to do with an obsession of blood, iron content, coloring?

Seriously messed up show this one....

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I hoped to high hell I'd never hear of this ever again after finding it a few years ago, freaky isn't the word, I don't see the point of it, just seriously messed up.

I think if I actually met the guy who made this I'd have several things to say. Or just slap him one

Its worse than Spongebob and that's saying something, it's not even funny it's just wrong on several different levels. I don't see how people can actually sit and watch it.

I'd rather wear a barbed wire thong inside out sat in a bath tub of vinegar

[edit on 18-1-2010 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Great...You like a cartoon.

It is threads like these that lower the standards of ATS.

Go post this type of crap on a forum for "cartoon worshipers" or some other pointless place on the web.

I like potatoes, fishing and a WHOLE bunch of things ATS is not "about", but I am not going to waste people's time with it.

Start a diary...or a blog.

Keep your personal love for youtube vids off ATS and you will be much more useful in the future around here.

Geez...I mean, how useless can a thread be?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy

I hoped to high hell I'd never hear of this ever again after finding it a few years ago, freaky isn't the word, I don't see the point of it, just seriously messed up.

Some people actually like dark comedy, they find it funny.That's the point of Salad Fingers, to make certain people with a sense of humour laugh.

Maybe you should look for yours.

I think if I actually met the guy who made this I'd have several things to say. Or just slap him one

Now that statement is messed up, chill out!

Its worse than Spongebob and that's saying something, it's not even funny it's just wrong on several different levels. I don't see how people can actually sit and watch it.

Hmmm...I see you edited your post to remove the insult to some people on this thread.

I'd rather wear a barbed wire thong inside out sat in a bath tub of vinegar

Dude!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Mate it's on BTS, this is where you discuss these kinda things the OP simply didn't know where to post it so calm down and stop being such a *.

It's the internet dude, get over yourself.

PS. To crazy, I love Spongebob! PHOTOSYNTHESIS, PHOTOSYNTHESIS!!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Great...You like a cartoon.

It is threads like these that lower the standards of ATS.

Go post this type of crap on a forum for "cartoon worshipers" or some other pointless place on the web.

I like potatoes, fishing and a WHOLE bunch of things ATS is not "about", but I am not going to waste people's time with it.

Start a diary...or a blog.

Keep your personal love for youtube vids off ATS and you will be much more useful in the future around here.

Geez...I mean, how useless can a thread be?

So you don't like rusty spoooons I take it?

Well what about spoooons that are not rusty? Do you like those?

well in any case I hope to some day be useful around ATS like you are Oh Great One.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
LOL Izzy

You mean to tell me that there are actually people out there who don't like rusty spoooooons? What's the world coming to?

Next you'll be telling me that Hubert Cumberdale isn't real.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous
reply to post by Izarith

"It is implied that the desolate world Salad Fingers inhabits is the aftermath of the "Great War", a conflict which is referenced several times in the more recent episodes."

Correct - he's living in the aftermath of devastation in a very bleak world.

Killing comes natural to him

From what i remember he doesn't intentionally kill anyone (the child in the oven is an accident as the door closes as the child tries to retrieve his fish)

The mutant with no hands kills himself by repeatedly bashing his head against Salad fingers' door.

The puppets don't count as they are imaginary.

And i think salad fingers kills and eats a version of himself, but that's in his mind too..

Could be the rusty spoons thing has something to do with an obsession of blood, iron content, coloring?

The touch of metal is orgasmic to him.

Part of me likes to think Salad fingers is actually a female (the voice and dialogue and cross dressing).

I also believe he is harmless and is more afraid of the world than anything, i think he suffers from schizophrenia.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join