It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is All Fiction a Reality in Parallel Universes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dangerish

Well this is likely to be virtual particles, or it could be a weird behavior that quarks appear to exhibit.

Haven't got time now to go into detail, just watching Sherlock Holmes... but will post some more info on this later.

Nite all,

Korg.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Intersting subject, I was reading somewere that randomness, eg, radioactive decay etc ... used in say, cryptography, doesn't exist.
Somewere along the line, a repatition occurs even if it takes 1 or 10 or 1000000 years. Do you know anything about this Korg? even tho it doesn't sound very interesting, the implecations are enormous!

Excellent post by the way

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
As one user has already stated, the number of universes would be in the gazillions. That's what throws me off so much. I somewhat do believe in parallel universes, but only in the sense that they are a larger picture of the room>house>street>town>county>state>nation>continent>planet>solar system> galaxy>universe. I just believe it adds another level to how big our reality is.

All in all, though, I truly believe in my heart that we are on this planet for no specific reason other than abiogenesis and the subsequent evolution led to our existence, and our purpose in life is to procreate and survive TO procreate. Nothing else, just like every other animal on the planet.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Actually I think my dream had to do with a series of conversations I was having with a co-worker on the alternate realities/worlds in Stephen King's books.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

S and F. Cool Idea.
What if parallel universes are fiction in this universe?
This would mean that in another universe parallel universes exist?
Does existence in one universe manifest as non-fiction in another?
Is this a universal law.

Think of the implications.
Somewhere, in another universe is a young boy named Luke is screaming "Noooooooo, you're not my father" as a severely burnt man in a big, black, mobile self contained breathing apparatus breaths heavily to an ominous soundtrack. Da da da dun de da dun de da.

Come on, don't leave me hanging guys, am I the only one thinking this?
Jedi are real, somewhere in the Multi-verse.

[edit on 18/1/10 by atlasastro]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I actually believe that is true. Our thoughs create energy which creates reality. If enough people read a work of fiction the energy gets stronger cementing that reality. I write fiction and to me my characters and their story become completely real. Perhaps I am creating...or maybe I'm just tapping into another plane of existence. I believe we can reach these places through dreams and through daydreaming.

No I have no proof...it's just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
i think the idea of parallel universes actually provides more evidence for a spiritual reality rather than multiple physical realities

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Hate to do this but I didn't read through the whole thread. Too tired, but I wanted to respond before I go to bed.

There is no fiction, only truth. Truth is real, fiction is not. Fiction is developed through suppression of the mind. There are many cultures in the past that were strictly about truth while many, many others were shaped around lies.

When done the right way, people write fiction, or developed alternative realities in their minds to deal with the suppression of the "modern" government/state system. Their artists developed stories, allegories, metaphors that reflex reality/truth that is hidden by the big lies that TPTB do to the weak in order to control that ever evolving energy that exists in each and every one of us.

Our minds can create "reality" around us, but it has nothing to do with truth by any means. This "reality" is only acheived by means based on systems of lies that have been developed over time. The system, or The Matrix if you really understand the metaphors in that movie, can be used in order to acheive a ficticuous "power" within said Matrix but if you don't understand that the system/matrix is a lie, you then believe that fiction is real. You beleive in your ego(developed by millenniums of lies), which isn't trying to use his/her energy to ascend to truth.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthtothemasses

Hate to do this but I didn't read through the whole thread. Too tired, but I wanted to respond before I go to bed.

There is no fiction, only truth. Truth is real, fiction is not. Fiction is developed through suppression of the mind. There are many cultures in the past that were strictly about truth while many, many others were shaped around lies.

When done the right way, people write fiction, or developed alternative realities in their minds to deal with the suppression of the "modern" government/state system. Their artists developed stories, allegories, metaphors that reflex reality/truth that is hidden by the big lies that TPTB do to the weak in order to control that ever evolving energy that exists in each and every one of us.

Our minds can create "reality" around us, but it has nothing to do with truth by any means. This "reality" is only acheived by means based on systems of lies that have been developed over time. The system, or The Matrix if you really understand the metaphors in that movie, can be used in order to acheive a ficticuous "power" within said Matrix but if you don't understand that the system/matrix is a lie, you then believe that fiction is real. You beleive in your ego(developed by millenniums of lies), which isn't trying to use his/her energy to ascend to truth.

Just going back through my threads here and I came across this, it reminded me of some of the thread content I have been reading recently.

I still maintain more than 4 years later that there is a very real possibility that the universe is either infinite or part of an infinite network universes in a multiverse.

The operative words here are possibilities and Infinite.

Here is an interesting article about what it means to be in an infinite universe.

Q: In an infinite universe, does everything that’s possible have to happen somewhere?

I think what the article is basically saying is that so long as the base properties of the universe such as the cosmological constant are the same across the entire universe and are exactly that constant... Then all that could happen, does happen.

What's more is that in an infinite universe with no defined beginning or end all that can happen will happen an infinite number of times.

So this must mean that all fiction that doesn't violate the very basic properties of the universe has happened, is happening and will happen an infinite number of times.

So what does this all mean... the fun bit....

Pick your favorite Film, TV show, Book etc.... now think that is real somewhere in an infinite universe!!!

But...

It also means that in an infinite universe you are also present an infinite number of times... perhaps you are the same but your eyes are a different colour....Or.... perhaps there are people out there watching a film of your life and your life is fiction to them.... an infinite number of times....

The possibilities are well..... endless

Other than being able to stop time, this is my favorite mind playground

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I hope not. Just because I'm not to thrilled with the idea of a real-life Davros being out there that is determined to wipe out all non-Dalek life in all other universes.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap
I hope not. Just because I'm not to thrilled with the idea of a real-life Davros being out there that is determined to wipe out all non-Dalek life in all other universes.

What about a real life Homer Simpson... hang on a minute that's me!! Hmmmm Beer... Doh!

Korg.

edit on 5-9-2013 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

In my opinion, any and every scenario that is imagined marks the creation of another plane of existence

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join