It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 states have seen a Firearms Freedom Act introduced last year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
More signs that the We the People are not going to stand for this "Circus" much longer.

A bill has been introduced in the Oklahoma legislature to protect the Second Amendment rights of the state's citizens.

House Bill 2884, creates the "Oklahoma Firearms Freedom Act," which declares that a "personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in Oklahoma and that remains within the borders of Oklahoma is not subject to federal law or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of Congress to regulate interstate commerce."

The legislation notes that regulation of intrastate commerce is vested in the states under the Ninth and Tenth Amendments to the United States Constitution and that Article II, Section 26, of the Oklahoma Constitution "clearly secures to Oklahoma citizens, and prohibits interference with, the right of individual Oklahoma citizens to keep and bear arms."

As a result, under the bill, guns manufactured in Oklahoma and sold to citizens of the state would not be subject to federal regulations since "those items have not traveled in interstate commerce."

Link to the ink Oklahoma joins the growing Revolt

I feel though they will eventually get a bill passed somehow....there are constant attacks on our gun rights. There were numerous threads last year on this situtation. Which leads me to beleive something bad is going to happen to give them the excuse to round up our bing-bangs,cover up the economic disaster and allow the One World Goverment to rear its ugly head all in one fell swoop.

Stock up.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Grayelf2009]

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Probably more a flag raising than meant to head off a usurping federal gun grab. It sends a message and a line in the sand not to be crossed.

I'm waiting for someone to start a thread about predictions for the series of events that would follow the SCOTUS outlawing private ownership and/or creating a law that restricts/forbids new gun sales and the restriction of ammunition.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

OMG... a lawmaker somewhere read the Constitution?!? I love seeing the States stand up to the bully Feds. And the Feds can't do a damned thing about it.

Go Oklahoma!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
What are the other states? I am sure Alabama has to be one, because every man, woman, child, and baby has at least one hunting rifle around here.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
New Hampshire has one on the table. Complete with a section for arresting and charging any fed who comes in here to exert some federal magic.

I'm sure the greatest push for this stems from Clinton and what that bastard did with his AWB. In one fell swoop he put every state under his thumb and there wasn't anything they could do about it short of secession. At least these acts would give the states some sense of immunity from a future Clinton-esque gun grab.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
There are already groups of government lawyers studying these laws. If even one small part, like a spring, that is not manufactured in the state of Oklahoma will negate these laws. The wording of several bills before state legislatures are flawed in this regard. They need to be worded so that any part, no matter where its origin of manufacture, is in a firearm that resides in the respective states can be used to negate the laws within that state. That's one of the biggest problems with this whole idea. The laws must be all encompassing in the language to prevent any Federal government entity from interpreting these laws in a manner that gives them ( The Feds) the power to negate them and make victims of the citizens! It is a good beginning but not the cure all that it seems!

Zindo

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Sounds like it would just be easier to remove the Federal Goverment. I imagine since that was not finished back in 1863 I think ,its up to us to finish the job.

top topics

join