It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake strikes off coast of Argentina (6.3)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Another thing regarding all of this is ofcourse HAARP. But naaaaaahhhh HAARP isnt capable of anything like that, or is it?
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
But if for some strange reason you do think it can,then you must ask yourself why?
Why would someone or some organisation wish for that to happen? what would they gain?
A recent speech by bush said no water or blankets just send your cash? (regarding Haiti)
Is there something that they know yet we dont?
Another bank sinking? or something from a whole different perspective?
Or to save a Presidency?

[edit on 17-1-2010 by enca78]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Yeah I read that thread and it was EXTREMELY interesting although perhaps a bit of pseudo-science, interesting none the less.

I think it actually shows that we are more connected to the Sun that we could ever imagine.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I think it actually shows that we are more connected to the Sun that we could ever imagine.
Yes, his thread really did open up my mind to the importance the Sun could possibly have. Very interesting stuff, I'll try to see what the Sun was doing around the time of the earthquake in a moment, you never know.

Well, there doesn't really seem to be anything of significance, linking the sun to this earthquake...except for this link posted earlier soho.esac.esa.int... ...

[edit on 17/1/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Wow. I don't remember who the guest was, but about 2 years ago, I was listening to CoasttoCoastAM. The guest said that Nibiru was not make believe and that Global Warming was just a cover to frame the upcoming catastrophes and earth events. He stated further, that we would start to see some real influence from PlanetX/Niburu about 2009-2010

Yes.....and that my friend is what i was getting at.

or UFO Disclosure.
Yes what has this got to UFO Disclosure????
Everything!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by odd1out

soho.esac.esa.int...
Watch this video, happened today, the last 1/5 watch the ejection or whatever it is.

awesome! and if our planet is in the pathway of that coronal mass ejection----------------toast?----------

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

you will find that the dates will coincide with Haiti there was a huge flare around the time, also somewhere i read there was actualy the shape of Haiti on the sun, but dont know how true that is though?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by enca78

If you look on the first page you'll see theres a link at the bottom for Time Wave Technician's thread which shows exactly what you said. It's a little sketchy but VERY interesting as they do match up quite nicely.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

There have been 39 earthquakes greater than 4.9 in the last week.

In the first week of 2009 there were 75. In the week of February 11, 2009 there were 107. With a bit more research I have no doubt greater weekly numbers can be found.

No, it is not unusual.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage to the rescue.

Thanks, perhaps there is just more media coverage of such events these days. Such things are known to happen.

And about the recent CME events and the Sun? No oddities there in your opinion?

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

The recent solar activity has been fly farts.

Here's what a big deal looks like. There were no destructive earthquakes at the time.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

There have been 39 earthquakes greater than 4.9 in the last week.

In the first week of 2009 there were 75. In the week of February 11, 2009 there were 107. With a bit more research I have no doubt greater weekly numbers can be found.

No, it is not unusual.

Are you saying that because there was lots of earthquake activity in the 2009, just as there has been this year so far,...that this demonstrates that this is not unusual?
I think we better go back a little futher to decide whether this is normal or not.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by shasta9600]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Look at the following image for earthquake statistics.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Itop1]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The pattern I am seeing is debtor nations and nations like Venezuela and Iran that have oil and aren’t playing real ball with the Powers that Be in the way that the Powers that Be would like.

Now of course there are those skeptics. Skeptics armed with scientific notions presumed to be fact.

I have two things to say to such people, respectfully so; one is that science was born to perfect the art of alchemy, which is how to turn ordinary substances into gold. Science has failed to figure out how to accomplish its primary mission so until it does…

Two is science is often wrong. Science once thought it was a good idea to put mercury in people’s tooth cavities to fill them before science later figured out; wow it’s a poison that is actually slowly killing people instead.

Science is often just as failed as a dogma as religion.

Speaking of religion, one of the most disturbing trends I am seeing coming out of the horrific loss of life in Haiti is the constant references to G-d being made by the survivors and heavily and constantly reported by the Press not to mention complete idiots like Pat Robertson.

They are shaping this story in religious ways to appeal to religious notions of end time prophecies.

That is simply a fact.

So too in my humble opinion that nations are specifically being targeted by some type of science to cause these quakes, and it’s not a perfect science either but something that they keep pinging, and zapping and probing around with.

I noticed rumblings here in Miami Beach starting 4 days before the Haitian Earthquake emanating from the earth periodically several times a day with the last one right before the quake in Haiti struck. I even posted the first ones I heard here on ATS four days before the Haitian Quake struck.

My cellular phone additionally was knocked completely dead multiple times in the week leading up to the quake, and I posted that here on ATS as it was happening too.

Something is playing with electro magnetic sphere and something is zapping the earth.

You can turn to religion to say its an act of G-d if you want, or turn to limited and likely faulty and incomplete scientific studies to say it’s not an act science or completely normal, but I really think these quakes and events are not being just manipulated but spun for the religious and superstitious masses.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

No need to worry. This quake hit in the middle of the ocean, in the Drake passage, somewhere between South America and Antarctica. No people live there. Here's a map: earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Statistics on quakes

Earthquakes Stats

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
here is another one today

Summary:
Magnitude mb 5.0
Region DODECANESE ISLANDS, GREECE
Date time 2010-01-17 at 20:16:06.8 UTC
Location 35.19 N ; 27.73 E
Depth 54 km
Distances 237 km E Iráklion (pop 137,154 ; local time 22:16 2010-01-17)
140 km S Ialisós (pop 11,473 ; local time 22:16 2010-01-17)
57 km SE Kárpathos (pop 2,243 ; local time 22:16 2010-01-17)
info

edit to add another one

Summary:
Magnitude mb 5.4
Region SOUTH OF KERMADEC ISLANDS
Date time 2010-01-17 at 22:38:13.8 UTC
Location 32.05 S ; 177.71 W
Depth 2 km
Distances 841 km NE Tauranga (pop 110,338 ; local time 11:38 2010-01-18)
816 km NE Whakatane (pop 18,602 ; local time 11:38 2010-01-18)
804 km NE Whitianga (pop 3,367 ; local time 10:38 2010-01-18)
info

[edit on 1,17,2010 by neo5842]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
all of these earthquakes that have been happening in the last week kind of have me spooked. I don't know if it is normal and they are just sensationalizing it because of haiti or if something is really going on with the fault lines.
this is very bizarre, it seems like there is an earthquake every day above 5.5.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by shasta9600

I think we better go back a little futher to decide whether this is normal or not.

Ok.

How about 1975? Weekly frequencies of earthquakes of 5.0 and greater:
March 10-17: 45
April 19 - 26: 65
June 3-10: 62
June 9 - 16: 107
July 19 - 26: 70
Oct. 30 - Nov 6.: 52

These are "isolated" weeks. If you use overlapping weeks you end up with very many more. For example:
June 8-15: 105
June 10-17: 105
June 7-14: 98
There were 80, seven day spans with 39 or more earthquakes in 1975 (with an over all average of 35 quakes per 7 day period). We are not seeing an unusual level of activity.

[edit on 1/18/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

No need to worry. This quake hit in the middle of the ocean, in the Drake passage, somewhere between South America and Antarctica. No people live there. Here's a map: earthquake.usgs.gov...

Is that the quake these people are talking about! i spent so freaking long looking for one in 'argentina' when i saw this one as soon as it popped up - it's not even on land! What's the go with all of a sudden everyone calling out every single earthquake and then calling on HAARP, Bible passages, nubiru?!?!
I mean, you want people to be aware of these happenings but not scream like chicken little every time one hits.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

i completely agree with you when an earthquake over a 5.0 hits every couple of weeks but as of late, it has been every freakin' day!!! that makes a difference to me. I am not a doom and gloom type person, nor have i ever been, but, when earthquakes hit above a 5.0 magnitude as they have been in the past two weeks, i think that is something that should raise a little bit of concern to humanity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join