It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Orbs Over Russia - Jan16, 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Not much to say about this one. Apparently it is hot off the presses.
Ummm... I know Chinese Lanterns will be something thrown out to explain these orbs, but I don't know. They seem to move relatively quickly in separate directions towards the end of the video, which isn't something I would expect of lanterns being subject to basically the same wind currents.

Anyhow, lets see what ATS thinks.

Edit to add - Apparently these were seen to the NorthEast of Moscow.
www.realufos.net...

[edit on 17-1-2010 by JayinAR]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Personally the footage reminds me of some footage (that I am having trouble finding at the moment) that the UFO Hunters did an episode on.

In the episode they had footage very similar to this that was shown to be one object rotating slowly. To evidence this they were able to put the points of light into some CAD type program and hinge the lights on one of the points and show that the other two stayed true to it through distance and angle the entire time...

Anyhow, if someone can find that video, I would appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
That looks ALOT Like the Tinley Park Video's.. I would LOVE to know what those Orb's are? They have a distintive look to them.. They always seem to make shapes with the orbs.. There was also a video from Australia which showed 2 seperate shapes of Orbs. Not sure what the heck it is??

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Molan27

Can you post a link to the footage you are speaking of?

I'm not so sure they are making shapes. If it is a single craft, it could just be rotating.

Of course, it could be something else entirely. That is just what pops into my head when I see this sort of footage.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Reply to Molan27:

Aha!
It was the Tinley Park video I was thinking of.

Thanks for the heads-up.

For comparison.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
really nice find

it looks like many other similar videos

i dont think its CGI

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by borgvranje

It does look similar to many others.
That Tinley Park video is uncanny in resemblance, at least to my eyes.

Interesting that there appears to be some substantial cloud cover in the video though. These orbs appear to be the only points of light in the sky that are visible.

Pretty low in altitude, I'd say.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Very interesting footage. They do seem to like coming in threes. I was thinking satellites but they are too close up for that.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Yeah, I think these things are pretty low to the ground.
Seemed like pretty nice footage. Glad you thought so as well.

I wonder if anyone around can figure out what the guy shooting the video said. (Don't speak Russian)

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Balloons don't make that kind of formation; that was definitely synchronized and, if it's not fake, is performed by advanced aerial machines.
It really does look a lot like the ones from Tinley Park.
I remember that episode because people were calling in with reports and it coincided with an Ozzy Osbourne concert in the area.
People were not believed at first because they were at an Ozzy show and therefore could not be reliable witnesses

Sure enough the reports from the Ozzy fans were real and this episode came from it. Wonder if Ozzy saw that episode
?

But back to this thread. Good find. Flag.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Of course they weren't reliable witnesses! They were probably all on hallucinagens

Turns out that is one of the most significant sightings of this type available. At least from where I sit.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I don't see anything in the video which is inconsistent with lighted objects generally moving with the wind. The random motion of the individual lights is accountable by minor air currents and different rates of ascent (or descent).

The "Tinley lights" also fit the description. The UFO Hunters episode concerning them was a joke.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I can understand where you are coming from.
Except for towards the end of the video. Towards the end it doesn't appear that the descent or ascent is different at all, as the lower two objects appear to move more laterally than anything and the one on the right is moving away from the one on the left.

It is definately worth considering, though.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thanxs for the news friend!

More sightings around the globe are occurring, hopefully we will understand what it means!

Flag granted!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hi Jay,
I'll have to be the one to say Chinese Lanterns, though the pattern is intriguing in the symmetry, but there are only three seen. About the colour, one thing is that in the flesh Chineses Lanterns are usually a solid orangy colour viewed at a distance, closer up they are yellowish in the middle and more orange round the fringes and at the closer range it is obvious as to what they are. The video camera colour often interprets the lanterns at a distance with the colours as whiter in the middle and orangy round the fringes, I think that is to do with illuminance of a distant object. Video usually can deal with a closeup object pretty well. The UFO hunters should well have known about Chinese Lanterns instead of messing about with balloons tied to flares.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hi just came across this from today, maybe similar. Don't look like chinese lanterns to me.

Russia Ufo 17th Jan 2010

don't have any story behind it other than whats written on the page.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mosh_er

Hi Mosh, regards your video link the last object to leave is most likely a 'chopper. Matter of fact they are both likely 'choppers. Both objects are definitely not Chinese Lanterns. BTW also at your link is "New Years UFO" these are Chinese Lanterns.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by smurfy]

top topics

join