It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA backs Willows student expelled for carrying gun in truck

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Reply to post by Frogs

Oh, kick ass it was overturned.

I can't believe the administration is shocked to find they don't have authority off campus. What, they think if they're administrating anything they're suddenly administrating everything they see from coast to coast?

For that statement alone the principal should loose his job.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Willows High Principal Mort Geivett's reaction to the reversal was disappointment.

"I'm disappointed, but not surprised, due to the political climate we have here and the fact we have school board members who are going up for re-election and a superintendent who might be running for re-election," he said.

Of greater concern, Geivett said, is "the decision clearly compromises the safety and security of kids and staff members on my campus and this clearly goes beyond Willows High."

Willows Unified Superintending Steve Olmos' response was one of confusion.

The decision "has left me dumbfounded, almost speechless," he said.

The county board "is undermining our authority. They are definitely saying we don't have jurisdiction off campus," he complained.

"clearly goes beyond Willows High"???? Of course it did, that's why it was illegal search!

And that other guy is dumber than the principal. "They are definitely saying we don't have jurisdiction off campus." LOL What??? You thought you did???

It shows their fascist state of mind. I'm glad I wasn't eating or drinking when I read that comment... LOL!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
On the other hand at least one student (maybe more) knew there was a rifle and ammo within walking distance.

And what authority does the school administration have to search a student's private property off campus? The answer is none.

The school administrators' actions are indefensible. If they had a legitimate concern, the correct course of action would have been to call the police and let them determine the legality of the issue. As it stands, they acted outside their authority and had no right whatsoever to punish a student for what may or may not have been in his vehicle off-campus.

If I were the parent, I'd be transfering my kid to another school district.

<< 1   >>

join