It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think you guys are able to help me on this!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Greetings, For a few months now I've been trying understand my Family's history. My Father told me My real Grandfather's Surname. Which is Argüelles. I've been to sites like Ancestry.com and also the site www.somosprimos.com... I did the best to translate online what it say's in Spanish. A lot of the words don't come out in English as well, Plus I don't much about Spain. But I'm this sentence of an Ancient Brotherhood of Spain that I'm really curious about. Here's a spinet in English. "This lineage precedes the ancient brotherhood of Madrid, whose name he took, comprising the municipalities of Val de Logueros, Median and Tertia Arguello Trail, nestled in the most rugged mountains of León, bordering upon the north by the province Oviedo. places belonging to the judicial district of today's Vecilla."
Hopefully someone knows how to read Spanish or knows more about this. Seems something you guys might enjoy researching! Thank you!!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Come on I need to know more. Please guys?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Explanation: I can't help you but maybe the fellow ATS member of the following thread might be able to if you ask them nicely. They have been having u2u troubles so I would actually link this thread in your post if you decide to ask them for help.

Their Avatars name is miriam0566 and I highly recommend them as a freindly ATS member!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Personal Disclosure:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thanks!!! You're a life saver!! Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
im not sure about in other countries but in spain, catholics have brotherhoods or "hermandades"

the article says that the surname precedes the the famous hermandad de argüelles (which is in madrid). suggesting that the brotherhood got its name from this particular area (vecilla, to the north)

it then lists several famous people with that name.

the brotherhood thing is common in spain. they are usually made up of serious catholics. during holy days and festivals, they march statues through the streets (very expensive ones) and dress up in hoods, they sometimes look like klu klux klan members although the groups have nothing in common.

they arent really all that secret. they are more of a way to raise money for the church. sometimes they are competitive, in the past they used to be militant, but that was to protect pilgrims who wished to visit the shrines. some of the brotherhoods too are very old.

mostly today they get dressed up and march statues. they will flick wax on you from their candles if you cross their procession so watch out

google "semana santa" in google pictures and you will see some of them marching

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Thank you so much!! I owe you big time

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: Thanks miriam0566 .
I'm so pleased you could help. This is exactly what ATS is all about and even though pride is a sin, I think YHVH and Jesus would validate my feeling PROUD of you.
You Are, and also earned, an ATS St*r!

P.S.
The result of this thread had me both crying like a baby and laughing like a maniac with JOY!

top topics

join