It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FUTURE DESIGNS 1 - Floating City Design for Boston Harbour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

I came across this very cool story today about a Floating City Proposal for Boston Harbour.

It does not mention when it is to be built or even if it will get the go-ahead, but that it will take upto 10yrs to complete.

I've searched a bit for more info but could only find this much -

Get ready Boston, someday you might just have this incredible floating city within a city located in your harbor. The BoA, short for Boston Arcology, is a sustainable mega structure designed by Kevin Schopfer, who also designed the amazing New Orleans Arcology Habitat (NOAH). The BoA will house 15,000 people in hotels, offices, retail spaces, museums, condominiums, and even a new city hall

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b43cae449cf5.jpg[/atsimg]

residents can walk on moving sidewalks, or take elevators or escalators to any desired location inside

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/244103b89119.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b02d628a3ee2.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazing design! I reckon it would be a great experience to at least give it a shot living on one of these very cool buildings!!

www.designlaunches.com...

www.inhabitat.com...

related Post - www.abovetopsecret.com...

G

[edit on 16-1-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Looks pretty amazing, I cant wait to see what the future is going to look like, what i've noticed is the way cities look in movies, huge buildings, weird things, floating metros, all of those things seem to be coming true. Slightly jelous of the world my grandkids are going to live in, if we don't end the world first of course.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This looks like a great new innovation! Of course, we've had buildings before, but after the new building in Dubai, I think it's high time we realized that going up is only so impressive. I hope they end up building it!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I hope they build it too. Imagine the number of jobs this could create and imagine what it would do for the people of the city.

I reckon it would make them all very proud and happy to live there, not that they all don't already!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It almost looks like something out of Dubai. I admit, it's an exceptionally beautiful design, but it would seem greatly out of place in Boston. I would know this because I live barely 30 minutes from Boston; I was there on first night on new year's eve.

Still, I think it's about time Boston got something new and exciting.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xammu
It almost looks like something out of Dubai. I admit, it's an exceptionally beautiful design, but it would seem greatly out of place in Boston. I would know this because I live barely 30 minutes from Boston; I was there on first night on new year's eve.

Still, I think it's about time Boston got something new and exciting.

Already bored of the Big Dig?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Beautiful designs but it would take away the integrity and history of Boston Harbor. If this were to happen it would be long into our future.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I'm kinda the volunteer science officer for a very similar project called spiral island.
a friend owns it and we are working on power sources for it at the moment.
similar in concept just different scales.

old version
www.youtube.com...
newest version
www.youtube.com...

launching my own version within two months or so depending on weather.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Yea that would be a nice thought to have such an area like that. My bet is it will be a while before then.. I remember when everyone thought "OH YEAR 2000 MAN!!! WERE GUNNA BE HOVERING EVERYWHERE!!!" I'll probably be dead when they come up with all of this my luck -_-.

new topics

top topics

join