It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Do you think that prophecy will come true? Will it be those who get to live a thousand years straight? It must be hell to live resurrected back here on this earth for a thousand years. Which of you want to make that thousand year reign with Christ cut? And why? What will be going on during that reign with Christ as priests of God and of Christ? Satan will be imprisoned a thousand years, but both sides sound like a prison sentence if you ask me. No paradise yet till you get into then in rev 22 which is way after the thousand year reign with Christ.

Plus, is it true that the rest stay dead till after the thousand years is over? Does this mean we, when we die, we stay dead till judgement day and do not go to, say, heaven since we'd be remaining dead?

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Define your definition of hell. Living 1000 years in a perfect, God-created utopia sounds much more enticing than the utopias we keep trying to create on earth at the present time.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Yes it is coming and sooner than you think. I for one will be there. This I have been promised as I am a last days watcher and will be a witness to the earths demise to the multitudes that came before and were of good faith and pursivered under great tribulationas as all true believers will do in the coming years.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I agree its sooner than later---The questions you ask are clearly in the bible,you should find somebody woth to study with. Never take somebodies off the wall answers on anything pertaining to the real church. Its a long journey, hope you make it.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Yes, we will live a thousand years. And there will be animals and nations, and we will live in a peaceful world, and we will work and love, and live. The difference is we will do so according to God's law. Now, if this sounds like hell to you...well, so be it.
Afterwards, after we have been shown the ways of the Lord and lived in this worldly paradise, Satan will be loosened for a little while as a test. Those that didn't learn anything will follow Satan. Those that did, will follow Christ... then we will be judged. It's really all up to you.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The 1000 year peace is immediately after the tribulation when Christ returns. No pre-trib rapture about it. When Christ returns, His saints will be resurrected in the first resurrection. Those who survive the tribulation will be living in this "Kingdom of God" utopia. The saints who were resurrected will rule WITH Christ as judges, kings, priests, governors, etc... Those fortunate enough to survive the tribulation and live in the millenial reign will live, love, become fruitful and multiply, then die. Those who were not part of the first resurrection will resurrect after the 1000 year peace on earth. They will have a genuine opportunity to repent before God. Those who repent will become part of God's family. Those who don't will be cast into the lake of fire and die for a 2nd time... "The second death". After this, the new heaven and new earth will be formed and all will live on the new earth as heaven befalls upon it...i.e, Heaven on Earth. We all remain dead in the grave until our respected resurrections. This is a biblical teaching.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

I think it would be safe to forget the "we" in the equation of people being naturally alive at the beginning of the thousand years.
First off, a great deception will occur to make many fall away.
Then there are "natural" disasters that will eliminate the majority of earth's population.
Then there is war and persecution of the saints to the point of killing them.
There will only be a "remnant" left alive to be raptured, the rest will have to be resurrected.
The ones found unworthy of this first resurrection will stay dead until after the end of the thousand years, and will then be judged.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

Hi Tormentations/

The 'thousand years of reigned with Christ' is not to be taken literaly.
The Bible uses the word 'thousand' as a very long time....time of which we cannot determine with our human minds.(remember even Theologians do not set dates)

The Devil is bound for a thousand years-long time ) to allow the church on earth-as it is in Heaven.
Jesus Christ left His teachings to His appointed Apostles and granted them to continue His works for the future life-when Judgment Day raises the Body and soul for eternity.
Christ's teachings are being planted,they are allowed to grow and to overcome evil, even in times of persecution and trial.
The Bible teaches that satan was bound at the completion of Christ's saving work (see Matthew 12:28-29, Luke 10:17-18, John 12:31-32)...this is why Christianity(New Testament-Gospel) continues to be heard to this day, even though many are prosecuted for their faith in Christ and His Saints(on earth and in Heaven)
The thousand years are the times of Christ Crusifixtion and Resurrection. The Cross was used as an instrument of evil(see ref-Old Testament 'curse') but Christ defeated evil(as prophesied) and gave life to those that believed in Him...from the time of His Resurrection to the time today,the Devil cannot stop the Gospel from being spread....the Antichrist will be filled with Satans evil ways and do his will and then fail along with his followers -as it is prophesied in the book of Revelation.
The Devil,demons and his followers will bound for eternity when all that is written in Revelation will come out...and so shall we all be judged according to Gods Mercy.
These teachings are not mine but those of the first and second ecumenical councils of the church...

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I had a vision about this:

Realistically, whoever was left needed no authority. Everyone trusted everyone, independently and in groups. Everyone worked together to achieve a goal. Technology was fused with biological life, and animalsweren't agressive towards humans or each other. People didn't kill for food, actually we found a way to survive on little or no food and with some sunlight (photosynthesis).

Evil rose here and there in bits but were always defeated. Some reason in the skies you could see clusters of stars, galaxy/nebula type clouds. ANd at times it brought daylight at night in areas of the world.

People had at least one or two jobs to do and some loved it so much that they did one for free. ANd Christ....well let's just say you'll have to wait and see

top topics

join