It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the earthquake in Haiti has me very concerned.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If you look at a geological survey map of Haiti, there is very little action. We get more shake rattle and roll in LA. But the earthquakes in LA don't seem to surprise us that much. It took us 50 years, but we were able to see a pattern. Granted most people with a brain know there are areas of the earth that are "earth quake vulnerable" and those that are not. For example, Australia is what we call geologicly dormant. It's an old continent. The biggest problem in Australia is bush fires

What worries me is we may not be able to predict where the next earthquake may be. I can tell you as a fact we in the US were blindsided by this. We did see the Indonisain tidal wave, and this was picked up by numerous warning stations accross the world. I know detection stations did radio gold priority warnings (thats the highest they can send) to all nations on the pacific rim. That level of warning means: pay attention! get off your ass and move! I just pray this is not a taste of things to come.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
If you look at a geological survey map of Haiti, there is very little action. We get more shake rattle and roll in LA.

Well that in it's self could of been the problem and the reason this quake was a biggie.

Lot of smaller regular quakes is usually a good thing in a seismically active area - it's like a pressure release valve.

When there is no activity the pressures are slowly building up, energy is being stored and when it does go - Blammo it goes big time.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

The main difference btween cali quakes and this one is that cali is not impoverished greatly, and the seismic gap theory basically explains it, too.

the seismic gap theory states that the more quakes in a small period of time, the less damaging or powerful. but if there is an area that does not have an earthquake for a while, more energy is built up by the rock, therefore the elastic rebound of the rock will be more powerful. haiti did not have many earthquakes, whereas cali has many.

hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I thought you were going to bring up the possibility this was caused by HAARP.

if it was, that would certainly explain the lack of warning.

[edit on 16/1/10 by Kailassa]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
In some of the Icke forum threads are posted charts of recent and highly publicised earthquake magnitudes

They are almost all at a depth of 10 km or less

This is causing considerable discussion about 'man made' earthquakes

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I tell you what has me more concerned......Bush saying dont bother with blankets and water.....send your cash!!!!!!!!!!!!
www.google.co.uk... ALeqM5jLFDZe4-LldfFBT9tzzH51SFkPaQ&rct=j&q=Obama%2C+Bush+and+clinton+haiti+appeal&ei=Nv1RS-bvHofSjAe28KWnCg&usg=AFQjCNENDbvGGULW074GPl-WPWjFTJ6SEw
Also check out bbc news 24
i was gobsmacked. Do they know something we dont? considering that everything is levelled?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I can tell you as a fact we in the US were blindsided by this. We did see the Indonisain tidal wave, and this was picked up by numerous warning stations accross the world. I know detection stations did radio gold priority warnings (thats the highest they can send) to all nations on the pacific rim. That level of warning means: pay attention! get off your ass and move! I just pray this is not a taste of things to come.

The only people blinded by the fact that this area could have a giant quake are people that haven't paid attention to quakes. Should we be freaking out or more worried then yesterday, nope. The really prone quake zones could blow up any day. Yellowstone could sneeze and end about 75% of life on the planet.

Just be prepared as best you can. That's all anyone can do.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

I thought you were going to bring up the possibility this was cused by HAARP.

As far as I know, it does not.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

I thought you were going to bring up the possibility this was cused by HAARP.

As far as I know, it does not.

HAARP appears to be a device to change the tempeture at cetain levels in the atmosphere. The objective is to control the weather. The stated reason is to break up atmospheric "harmonics" that when they did it will create anti-fractal/anti soliton disruption. The whole idea is to kill the tornado as opposed to killing you... Is it logical to believe we can create enough power to affect the whole planet, for good or bad? No way, not enough power. Mother Earth is one tough bitch.

There are other ways this could be used for someone to have a really bad hair day. It might be something to take out the ozone layer, but only if you can direct it to the target of your choice. If indeed they have the energy and fantastic computing power I see only one way it might work, and most likely I'm wrong, and thats to time a pulse with the Earth's magnetic field, so when over the target of your choice, the field "burps"

This is not as wild as it sounds. You can't at least today over power the Earth's magnetic field by brute force. But you can have some fireworks, if you create a soliton pulse. It requires little power, and does not loose energy as it probagates threw the medium of your choice. In this case the atmospere.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The potential for a large earthquake was always there... it was not a surprise to Geologists.

example1

example2

example3

Only problem is nobody listens. No money to prepare, even if the Haitian's listened. Sad situation.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

PREPLANNED HAITIAN DEVASTATION OPTION EXERCISED Now, William Jefferson Rockefeller-Clinton was appointed United Nations Special Envoy to Haiti on 20th May 2009 – implying ample forward planning time for this latest abomination perpetrated by the terrified and cornered, but still brazen, US kleptocracy – so that the terrorism planners inside the US ‘Black Ops.’ structures could prepare and nurture the option to proceed, as duly happened on Tuesday 12th January, when an ‘earthquake’ flattened buildings in Port-au-Prince, destroyed at least 60,000 lives but probably vastly more, flattened the French Embassy and many of its officials, imploded the United Nations’ own establishments in the Haitian capital, and no doubt obliterated evidence of US Government and rogue official drug-running complicity supervised inter alia by Al Gore, channelled through the Haitian capital for many years.

WorldNews.org

Top 5 Ways to Cause a Man-Made Earthquake

Once you get suspicious, it's hard not to be and the above sources indicate that some are more suspicious than I and that there's more than one way to produce an earthquake if you want one. Although the quote is not to hand, I've noticed several references to a 2008 warning of an earthquake potential in the Haitian area.

Whether man-made or natural, I fully believe that Clinton and Bush involvement should be a warning that Haiti awaits a similar fate to the Katrina/tsunami victims who waited in vain for help while the monies were diverted to rebuilding the disaster areas with luxury, tourist accomodation (See Naomi Klein's book Shock Doctrine or the article below)

Disaster Capitalism: The new economy of catastrophe.

top topics

join