It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOLLYWOOD VS. AMERICA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Americans objecting to the anti-war rhetoric of Hollywood celebrities are no longer remaining silent, but are starting to fight back with their own grass-roots offensive.

They're on the attack flooding actors, talent agencies and anti-war groups with their own thoughts on the possibility of war with Iraq, and what they think of the public stances being taken by many entertainers.
www.wnd.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
A new witch-hunt?

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Celebrities make me laugh. Anyone watch the Grammys the other night, Fred Durst said something like 'I hope we're all in 'agreeance' this war should be over quickly...

Uh, Fred, agreeance isn't a word.

A witch hunt JB? An anti-war celebrity can state his or her views and that�s ok (and I am not saying they don�t have the right to do so) but when someone opposes the anti-war effort it�s a witch hunt?

[Edited on 27-2-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   

First "Agreeance"sounds exactly like something your President would say.

Secondly,It is not without precedent,in the USA,that if a group of celebrities appear to back a cause disagreeable to a rightwing government.That government will manipulate public opinion into believing it to be "UnAmerican".

"Mr Sheen,Have you or have you not ever been a member or been an associate of a member of a group that marched for peace?"

Or has that piece of recent American history been aisbrushed?

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
lol JB, he probably would say something like that. I love when he pronounces 'nuclear.' It's from him living in the south though. And no offense, JB, I work with a lot of Brits. They can't talk their own freakin' language, lol, but I do like the accent. I still pickup on a scot accent in my grandmother.

Us midwesterners have no accent, according to us midwesterners anway.

[Edited on 27-2-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
even if I disagree..., I think that calling them traitors (as the site does) is a bit much...

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I would not call the traitors either.But I do not think they should be taken too seriously.Most of these people live in mansions gated off and secluded from the rest of the world.And by judging from there comments its clear that they do not know very much.IMHO most of the people on this board know volumes compared to most of these actors.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I wouldn't call them that either. But, those call them that have every right to do so. Morons might be more fitting. Good point Nyeff: remember 'Babs' calling Saddam the president of Iran. Morons with money.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm wondering what would say The Duke if he was still alive.

The Duke....What a man !

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
OK, this gets my goat a bit.

Who are these celebrities?
Someone who can play a guitar, or sing a song well, or act well, or has good looks, ir is blessed with rich parents who paid for their success, or manufactured dolls in an entertainment world.

Doesn't make them experts in international politics.

sure as heck doesn't give them any more legitmacy in their comments over anyone else as to the Iraq.

What amazes me is as soon as people get called 'celebrities' they suddenly become all wise and all knowing about politics, and other matters as well. Suddenly because they can act well they grow massive intelligence, and become like Yodas.

Crap, they are just as big an ignoramouses as the rest of us but with the clout to voice their thoughts more.

Why do people take any notice of them, and why do they feel they have the right to suddenly instruct others on what to think and do? ... when all they are are glorified performers...

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think most are irresponsible advocates and I am with you NC. They're famous, already have a soap box and probably see it as free press. Despite most polls showing Americans support the president in regards to Iraq - even with out the UN support. And I hate polls myself, but let's also not forget the republican sweep last election.

Not to mention they get the ears of a democratic politicians because they're huge donors - it's gonna happen - but, the Dems stand to lose money if they don't go along with 'Babs'

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Ronald Reagan was a celebrity who lived in a big mansion and didn't have a lot of contact with normal people.

Look I'll level with you if I were a celebrity I would use the media to get my view across.I'm sure I'm not alone on this board.So why get upset?

Also I remember a thread here about a republican actor talking about the war on terrorism and all the republican posters went weak at the knees even though no-one could remember if he was in Robocop.

What about Arnie?or Clint?

They have an opinion.They want to voice it.Does it make them a traitor or a moron?Perhaps they just believe as passionately as you guys do that war is not in the best interests of the USA.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Try this site. It's great.

www.hollywoodhalfwits.com...

top topics

join