It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu shots linked to Alzheimer's Disease

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If you have received five consecutive flu shots in a ten year period your chance of getting Alzheimer's Disease is 10 times higher than if you had 0, 1 or 2 shots.

Unfortunately the over 60's are the least likely to be on the Internet researching such issues. If you know someone who receives the seasonal flu shots let them know the facts.

Flu Shots Cause Alzheimer's Disease

Hugh Fudenberg, MD, an immunogeneticist and biologist with nearly 850 papers published in peer review journals, has reported that if an individual had five consecutive flu shots between 1970 and 1980 (the years studied), his/her chances of getting Alzheimer's Disease is ten times higher than if they had zero, one, or two shots.

Dr. Boyd Haley, Professor and Chair of the Department of Chemistry at the University of Kentucky, Lexington has done extensive research in the area of mercury toxicity and the brain. Haley's research has established a likely connection between mercury toxicity and Alzheimer's disease. [viii] In a paper published in collaboration with researchers at University of Calgary, Haley stated that "seven of the characteristic markers that we look for to distinguish Alzheimer's disease can be produced in normal brain tissues, or cultures of neurons, by the addition of extremely low levels of mercury."

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jameshawkings

I wrote a letter to the editor of our community of 20,000 paper advising people of the Doctors opinion and suggesting that they get flu shots without the mercury which are available. You just have to ask for the ones for pregnant women here in Ca.

They refused to publish it.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
www.casewatch.org...

Herman Hugh Fudenberg, M.D., Ph.D., is part of a small but noisy network of misguided health professionals who claim that vaccinations are dangerous and that mercury poisoning is a major cause of autism. He routinely advises against giving immunizations during infancy and early childhood. He has also promoted the dubious notion that "transfer factor" is an effective treatment for autism.

In November 1995, the South Carolina medical board found Fudenberg "guilty of engaging in dishonorable, unethical, or unprofessional conduct," fined him $10,000, ordered him to surrender his license to prescribe controlled substances (narcotic drugs), and placed his license on indefinite suspension. The Board's order, shown below, said that he could apply for probationary status if he underwent a neuropsychiatric examination and was judged capable of practicing medicine safely. In March 1996, he was permitted to resume practice under terms of probation that did not permit him to prescribe any drugs. His license expired in January 2004; and in March 2004, he applied to have it reinstated. However, after a hearing in which the Board considered a neuropsychatric report issued in 2003, Fudenberg agreed to remain in a "retired" status and withdrew his application for reactivation of his license. The South Carolina board's Web site lists his license as "lapsed."

Fudenberg's lack of a license does not appear to have stopped him from offering medical services to the public. His Neuro Immuno Therapeutics Research Foundation Web site offers the following services: review of past medical records ($750 per inch); determining what tests are needed, ordering the tests, and interpreting the tests ($750); and determining which therapy will work (usually 2 hours @ $750/hour).

Yeah seems likes he's someone we should be listening to given his widely acclaimed credentials. amirite?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

well, when you ask for "Mercury Free", sure, you get a mercury-free version. But the mercury is simply replaced by another metal...its some aluminum element, the exact name escapes me. And, not to mention that Squalene is still very much a part of the ingredients. I saw on KCAL 9 here in LA a few months ago that it was publicly mentioned that you can request mercury-free versions...and i knew something was fishy about it....

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
reply to post by jameshawkings

I wrote a letter to the editor of our community of 20,000 paper advising people of the Doctors opinion and suggesting that they get flu shots without the mercury which are available. You just have to ask for the ones for pregnant women here in Ca.

They refused to publish it.

It's good that you wrote to them and I'm not surprised that they refused to publish it.

Even better than going for a mercury-free vaccine would be to go for no vaccine at all as there's no proof they actually work. In fact you're more likely to catch flu if you take the flu vaccine. Vaccines actually weaken your immune system

A series of studies suggests that people who got a seasonal flu shot last year are about twice as likely to catch swine flu as people who didn't.

Seas onal Flu Shot Makes You Twice as Likely to Catch Swine Flu

[edit on 16-1-2010 by jameshawkings]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Count Chocula

Maybe it's true or perhaps it's a smear. The problem is all the studies that supposedly prove vaccines to be safe are performed by people/companies who have huge conflicts of interest.

If vaccines really worked and were safe we would be allowed to independently test them using scientists who stood to make no financial gain from the vaccines.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigami
reply to post by RRokkyy

well, when you ask for "Mercury Free", sure, you get a mercury-free version. But the mercury is simply replaced by another metal...its some aluminum element, the exact name escapes me. And, not to mention that Squalene is still very much a part of the ingredients. I saw on KCAL 9 here in LA a few months ago that it was publicly mentioned that you can request mercury-free versions...and i knew something was fishy about it....

Good post Enigami. It's a bit like when children's toothpaste has 'low fluoride' on the packet, and you think 'You've been saying that fluoride is safe and good for my teeth, and now you've just hinted that you have knowledge it isn't so safe after all'

join