It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Rising: A Video Letter to Washington

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I received a link to this website, in an email www.powerlineblog.com...

It was sent to bring attention to this well made video. It is a strong message to Democrats. Now, whoever produced it needs to, also, send a message to the Republicans, telling them they are out, too.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by WTFover]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Gosh .. these people have it all backwards ..

If they continue to worship the Scam that were the Founding Fathers they will always loose with me ..

Conservation of ideals and tradition has not place in today's world ..

There is only room for progression and evolution ..

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Polynomial C]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Long time forum reader, first time poster. This video while short in time speaks volumes to the masses. YES is it time to kick these crooked scum bags out of office. I am sick of reading about these back room deals and payoffs while the rest of us, the American Public, gets bent over more and more in preparation for the final SURGE ... !!!

ENOUGH ... TAKE AMERICA BACK ... !!!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

I wished your post was sarcastic but sadly, I feel it is not.

Second line.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
WOW,

have to admit, that is a powerful video. Whether you agree or disagree with the message, it is well put together. Wouldn't doubt if this video gets more play time as election nears.

I think you need to change the title. People need to see the video.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Excellent!

The video is well done, but it's only half the picture.

Now, whoever produced it needs to, also, send a message to the Republicans, telling them they are out, too.

Too true.

I do hope the video gains attention and helps to make people think a bit more about their responsibility to this process we call government. We are not absolved of responsibility any more than those in office...

[edit on 15-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Politics in general is a seperating or polarizing agenda. Contrasted against the opposite of how it began, as a uniting force to bring a people together.

Today it is used or seems to be for the opposite, to cause people to be divided, or they allow themelves to be at least. Playing into the hands of the manipulators who seek to divide and conquer.

I think it is a good thing people are seeing what is going on, perhaps when then learn to remember what is going on, has been for quite some time now, the wool is just starting to slide off their eyes is all.

Presidents, they come and go. The people who have been in government need to go, they have had their time and squandered it, to fulfill personal agendas for profit and egostical pleasure.

They are nothing more than spoiled fat cats, used to being toadies for the lobbists and special interest groups. Remember people, it takes two to tango, and it takes very little to corrupt the unititated or niave and even intentionally ignorant masses.

Todays politicans are nothing more than charlatans and snake oil salesmen or woman, trying to convince the public that they have the cure all for what ails them...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
VERY well done video. Let's hope this gets flags, more exposure can only be a good thing.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

I agree.....I don't think that post was sarcastic.
How can you evolve if you have to let go of your ideals and traditions? That is impossible. If you have no ideals and traditions you are not evolving; you would be reinventing yourself from scratch.

"Today's World?" What a mess!! Regardless of what the Doomsday clock says, the world is not a safer place today! With all of our Science and Technology that should have made our lives easier, and our work week shorter, and our entertainment better, and our life spans longer, we also got new diseases, new weapons, new greed, and somehow we got more unhealthy, and we got addicted to the grind, and now it takes two incomes and overtime to scrape by without ever really getting ahead?

I would take the 50's over today! One income, family meals, community activities, good neighbors, etc.

I would take the Native American lifestyle over today! No income, close families, 15 hour work weeks, and tons of singing, dancing, and playing!

I would even take the current Cuban lifestyle over that of the US! (With the exception of the corrupt cops and military!)

I would love to "evolve" spiritually, physically, mentally, but please no more economic evolvement! I have enough, I have too much, I don't want any more medicine, a bigger tv, a more wrinklefree shirt, better insurance, a newer car, or cloned food! I would love to just have what I have and enjoy my family thank you very much!!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by gwydionblack

I would take the 50's over today! One income, family meals, community activities, good neighbors, etc.

Oh yeah .. you forgot the Racism .. Red Scare .. NO WOMEN RIGHTS .. etc .. etc .. ..

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Alright, help me out.

At about 2:34 in video it says bribe and lands on one particular face.

I can't place the face.

Anybody got a name of this dude.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Video made by Repubs promising not to the same things the Dems did.

Wait, I thought the Dems had done what the Repubs had done .

But now the Repubs are going to push change.

Wait, I thought the Dems promised change.

I could go on.. Like the cycle of US Politics goes on... NO CHANGE

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Sean48]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

That would be the fine Senator Nelson from Nebraska. Refers to the sweetheart deal he got to support the Healthcare bill.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Not until people figure out they don't have to vote for Rs and Ds.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

There is only room for progression and evolution ..

Continue to worship the scam of egalitarianism. It has done so much for the world... errr government. The 'greater' good is not at all greater or good. It can't be. People forget their rational self-interest in favor of irrational third party governance, and the ever expanding system of violence it derives power from.

Progressives are only progressive in name, just as conservatives are only conservative in name. They are all Fascist sheeple.

I am sorry, I am not under the impression that violence solves problems, but creates bigger problems and greater atrocities. Egalitarianism and the collectivist mindset, as a whole, is a scourge on mankind.

So for the rest of you faux winter soldiers and patriot kool-aid drinkers, get off your misguided notion that freedom comes when the GOP takes over again or when Washington shapes up. Aren't we going to ever understand that that is about as likely as ball lighting from our atmosphere striking the center of the moon, twice.

For everyone else, is freedom doomed or do we have an exit strategy (unlike Bush
)?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

This reply... read: rant, is not to the OP author alone, but to all.

- One second please -

There is an old saying about a house divided. Have you ever heard it?

There and many who claim to understand the basics of how inner divisions can spoil the whole but still insist that their vision is the correct one.

American politicals have never been friendly nor has it ever been the combined gathering of worthy statesmen. We have never been that kind of nation.

We were borne on the wings of revolution and discontent but... we always knew that beneath the surface, we were all one people.

One people.

One person, and I do forget whom is was, once said that American politics was not a gathering of August and learned minds, but rather, a barroom brawl of the dirt of the land that bred it.

I love that part!

So, we arrive here today because we like the sting of battle... the feel of duking it out with our opposites.

What now?

Well, we could paint ourselves a sickening blue and red and assume that our neighbors are our enemies, dividing ourselves as a house that will surely not stand.

Or we could go back to the days when the fight was just as good... but in the end, our opposite was not that enemy.

The US Republic is based on the idea of the individual, not the masses or the whole. It allows all of us the right to be who we are or would beas people as opposed to a collection of people.

It is almost unique in history because those who have tried this both before and after, have mostly failed because they could never overcome the idea that the neighbor who disagreed with them, did not need to be killed, LOL!

Our differences are our strength, not our weakness.

In this country, there will always be that barroom brawl and by all means, Katie: bar that door!

Just remember when you finally have enough... that those you just fought against, will be those you fight alongside if there is ever a call to defend this nation for all.

Now... by all means, have at it

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

The US Republic

Stop right there. We are not a Republic. We were intended to be one, but that is not the current reality. We were also intended to have a Constitution that told the government what they can't do. Now we have a piece of paper that gives the people privileges if the government deems them not a threat.

is based on the idea of the individual, not the masses or the whole. It allows all of us the right to be who we are or would beas people as opposed to a collection of people.

I agree that individualism is what makes a person great, but what is this all about?

We were borne on the wings of revolution and discontent but... we always knew that beneath the surface, we were all one people.

Isn't that an ambiguous collective? Wouldn't that be the opposite of the individual. I know I use the pronoun "we" but I do not say that we are all one people. I think we are all lots of people.

It is almost unique in history because those who have tried this both before and after, have mostly failed because they could never overcome the idea that the neighbor who disagreed with them, did not need to be killed, LOL!

I do agree with this to an extent. I am happy people like me haven't been thrown in a prison camp for thinking different and this is a rarity in the world we live in. It doesn't make America great, just better. Hopefully, the freedoms granted here will be used to achieve greater freedom in the future. If not, then it is a loss.

Just remember when you finally have enough... that those you just fought against, will be those you fight alongside if there is ever a call to defend this nation for all.

I will defend myself, and do my best to defend those I love. I will not defend a state.

edit: grammers, correction

[edit on 15-1-2010 by DINSTAAR]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Great video, almost brought tears to my eyes until I saw it single out Liberals.

It's true we trusted and hoped the Democrats would bring us change. They didn't, they made it worse!

Now we are going to throw all of our hope with the Republicans?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! That is not the answer!

This is our problem we only have 2 choices and they are identical!

Don't vote either side in, neither will make due on their promises or truly care about the common person.

All they do is divide us, PEOPLE OF AMERICA I SAY WE TAKE BACK THE COUNTRY, not though RED, not though BLUE, but as one. Not by electing talking heads who work and are financed by the same people. Everyone single one of us that cares should march on Washington knock down the capital doors and rewrite the legislation ourselves. They have no clue or desire to help us.

If you want something done right you have to do it yourself!

[edit on 15-1-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
. Now, whoever produced it needs to, also, send a message to the Republicans, telling them they are out, too.

The video is specifically targeted to Democrats, not Republicans, so dont pull out the impartiality card.

Politicians of both parties have been doing this country an injustice, but as usual the conservatives will rally against the Dems and privately for the Republicans because at the end of the day most rightwingers couldnt give a damn about fair justice, only whether the president is wearing a flag pin.

Now instead of wasting his time and bashing one of the two problems maybe he'd be better to rally for third parties in video? I'd assume though given this video he has no real intention of moving this country to alternative parties. Only to get rid of liberals.

I mean who cares if the republicans have made a major mess up over the last few years, they are conservatives so lets just focus on the Dems?

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

It's true we trusted and hoped the Democrats would bring us change. They didn't, they made it worse!

Now we are going to throw all of our hope with the Republicans?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! That is not the answer!

I agree it is not the answer. But I would like to see more reps or independents to balance out Congress. IMO, the democrat led Congress and White House is too much power for any one party. Just imagine all the legislation they could have passed at will if it weren't for the in house disagreements.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join