It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confused by some members

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
I find it HILLARIOUS when new members show up start telling the community what it can or cannot talk about then proceed to complain endlessly when no one gives into their demands after multiple attempts.

I assume that's aimed at me since to some im fairly new and this is my thread but i can assure you im not trying to "DEMAND" what people talk about or influence it in anyway what so ever.

Im asking why some people who clearly don’t want to be here and start posting crap and derailing threads are here at all.

If you would have read the entire OP you would have known that surely

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

LOL....I just think these people are TOO paranoid, bored, or haven't been on ATS long enough to realize their fallacy. Either way I don't care because I don't read those threads anyways...

Me neither...it's like paddling in darkness and BS. I think it's worth pointing out a fact that isn't often acknowledged too...a minority of members are actually ###holes. Really! In real life they are likely just as obnoxious and unpleasant to people as they are on ATS. Like most ###holes in the world, once you identify them avoid all contact

(I'd embed Dennis Leary's song about '###holes' but it's maybe inappropriate...the link is Dennis Leary funny video

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Well said. I also believe it is the last refuge of the paranoid and the feeble minded to throw out accusations like paid shill/debunker/disinfo agent. Quite apart from the fact that they wouldn't recognise a cliche if it bit them on the nose!

Simply - these are people who can't grasp that others might hold a different point of view and who lack the intellectual capacity to argue their case. These are people who would read 'conspiracy' into ANYTHING. And who's to say THEY aren't the ones who are plants...
I just think, 'keep on taking the tablets why don't you'.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

Whoa is it me or has there been an increase of people complaining about ATS.

ERRR Still Conffuuuusseeed heeerrrreeee

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Meh ... this whole thing has got everybody on edge looking at each other with suspicion other instead of the expressed thoughts/opinions ...

The strategy, as predicted, seems to be working exactly as intended.

Hopefully this is just another of many cycles of heightened sensitivity and will subside soonish ... hopefully.

This whole 'disinfo' thing is such a useless red herring to begin with ... it's so easy to combat said 'disinfo' just by using sound reasoning and looking things up ... of course using sound reasoning and looking thingsupiness often gets you labeled a disinfo agent, so go figure.

And so it goes ...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It's the whole "you don’t agree with me??, You MUST be wrong because there’s no way in hell I can be wrong" type of thing sadly when someone says that I think some others would immediately assume " Hmm maybe he is lets ignore EVERYTHING he says" as well.

When people do that you’re just going round in circles where some accuse you of things and then those same people just refuse to believe anything your telling them no matter how plausible or even how full of facts it may be.

Anyway today I saw a few people complaining over things to do with ATS and instead of posting a comment to a mod for example they complain about it and I think I saw one thread where someone refuses to ever post here again.

(
arrggh i just cant help getting annoyed sometimes)

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Oh that ...

Peeps get their feelingz hurt all the time on account of both heavy and fragile egos, taking things personally, and they like to make big dramatic exits ...

You wil note however that whilst they say they're leaving for good, they hang around logged on for hours to see if anyone has noticed ... it makes me sad.

[edit on 24 Jan 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

lol I never saw that thread you linked in all honesty so I can’t really say anything about the posts in it but I can assume (sadly) that a thread of that size would have alot of ### in it just because that seems like what every other thread eventually turns into at some point.

But yes I just checked in on that thread and the Opening Poster was on a few minutes ago so Hmmm you seemed to have called that one right then

But personally I don’t really see the point of if you are going to leave ATS then leaving in such a big way.

If you don’t like something then like I have said in the past why are you still here or If you don’t like the members then try and find a smaller conspiracy site so there’s a bigger chance of people who are the same as you and wont disagree as much.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There's also an element of trolling and attempted thread killing involved in some of it.

This whole "disinfo" thing has been pretty much done to death, as has the "cointelpro" accusation, and most posters will ignore someone who uses such a blatantly silly tactic.

At the end of the day, it's seen by some as an acceptable way to insult another poster, when in fact it's nothing of the sort.

It's just an unimaginative way of trying to insult someone or get under their skin for the purposes of "winning" an argument - except most of the time any argument is un-winnable because opinion rules the roost.

In fact, the only trime you can really "win" an argument on ATS is in the debate forum, which is a shining example to all of how discussions should be conducted.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by redeyedwonder

People will believe what they want Ive noticed, and the minute a thread goes up, there are people who turn it into an instant joke. I just posted in a few of these and before I finished typing 3 jokes were put ahead of me.
It kinda derails the thread instead of opening it up for discussion, people The second is the tearing of shreds of whoever starts the thread, sometimes its like being in gradeschool.

My addition a little late, but had to comment. I am new on the site and although this is a great place for sifted information, it is certainly attracting many of those types you mentioned, probably mostly uneducated.

Perception in life is everything and the question I ask those out there making these statements is: Is it available for you to see? If you dont understand this statement it be better for you to rather read and see if availability emerges !!!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Something to consider...

A conspiracy against ATS?

Might help your understanding

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

A Conspiracy Against ATS

I KNEW IT

Seriously though I agree with you people do genuinely come here for a specific purpose like you say in that thread to cause trouble and deliberately break T & C's so much so that the staff gets distracted with trying to deal with all the rubbish and then the same people claim that ATS is against them and they are being treated unfairly. Blah blah

Seems kind of sad to purposefully come to a website though to seek out that kind of attention only to deliberately distract everyone else from the main focus of a specific thread you come here to distract them from.

Mind Beennddeerrrr
..... Although it does work sadly.

Nice thread though Nerbot starred and flaggd

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join