It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't belive in god? hear me!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
- i was out of the site for some days,ashamed that i let down the people in my art thread,i see lots of hate and chaos disinfo now in the site,some people even get insulted without reason ): but anyway im back and i want to speak words..to help people -

you know how people say there is no god,or how can god let such bad things happen to you? destiny really is strange,and it makes you wonder why sometimes you suffer over and over again,and why sometimes your soo lucky. its like life has a constant ups and downs,constantly cycling.
but why dont you ask all the poor people that have experienced paranormal activity or demon harrasment? you see door opening by themself,you see your loved ones obssessed,but you dont believe there is a entity of god? how come most of the people who say the word ""jesus"" make the entity stop or dissapear. is it really just your confidence that makes you change the energy in the room and fight the evil?

dont get me wrong,i think religion has lots of lies and mistakes,manipulating and stuff.
adam and eve maybe as well experiments escaped from the aliens to form a new colony..like in assassins creed 2.jesus maybe as well be an alien or a magician,sounds pretty real,god forgive me for the words.
but i think there is some truth about it, and even if you believe in lies,if u have something to belive you get stronger. who can god be everytime your praying to?
your energy changing the destiny like the law of attraction?
a entity of energy created from all people who belive?
a guardian angel? a passed relative?
i guess what i want to say with a few words is,if there is no god...how come there are demons who can interact with us"?

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Stillalive]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I hear U! But the fact of the matter is......

There AIN'T NO GOD!!!!!

Get over it!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive

but why dont you ask all the poop people

You may want to consider an edit here.....

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sorry, but the god thing struck out in Haiti.

Where's your god there?

If Haiti is an example of what your god does for people, then no thanks.

I'd think that you'd have the decency to not be preaching fantasies in the face of realities.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx

There AIN'T NO GOD!!!!!

Get over it!

Ok, first of all, prove it. Prove there is NO God.
Before an atheist can make an outrageous claim, prove it.
Just like you would ask me to prove His existence.

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

but why dont you ask all the poop people

You may want to consider an edit here.....

Best post yet! LMAO!

Originally posted by apacheman

Where's your god there?

I'd think that you'd have the decency to not be preaching fantasies in the face of realities.

Here we go again. You saying that same old saying, "Where's your God?"
First of all, God is everyone's God.
Whether you like it or not.
If you even had a notion to read the Bible, you would see that God has destroyed alot of people before.
I bet God probably does now.
That doesn't mean God is particular about who He saves, or destroys.

There is a cycle in life. Things happen. People die.
The Earth is constantly changing. I hate the fact that people go on living everyday like nothing will ever happen to them.
Like natural events don't take place and kill thousands. (ex. Haiti)

I love those, who don't believe, use the crutch, "Where's your God now?"
In order to justify their dis-belief.

Great thread.
Let the arguements begin!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
There is a God...

And he wants you to dance.

**Warning one explicit word at the start**

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Where's your god there?

Are we forgetting freewill and that Satan prowls around like a lion looking for whom he may devour? You can't blame everything on God when natural disasters happen and when people do bad things.

The world is corrupt and difficult because of Satan not God.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok

Originally posted by stevcolx

There AIN'T NO GOD!!!!!

Get over it!

It is up to believers to prove "god" is real since sane thinking people in the real world discern no empirical evidence to support such a notion. There is on the other hand plenty of data which indicate very strongly that "god" is purely an imaginary construct having its origin in the ancestor worship of ancient bicameral societies.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Lilitu]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Must be where Mosh Pit Girl goes to church.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

if there is no god...how come there are demons who can interact with us"?

There aren't. The "demons" are as imaginary as "God" is.

The fallacy of demanding negative proof

Outside a legal context, "burden of proof" means that someone suggesting a new theory or stating a claim [like the existence of God] must provide evidence to support it: it is not sufficient to say "you can't disprove this." Specifically, when anyone is making a bold claim, and especially a positive claim [Like God exists], it is not someone else's responsibility to disprove the claim, but is rather the responsibility of the person who is making the bold claim to prove it. In short, X is not proven simply because "not X" cannot be proven (see argument from ignorance).

words in braces [] are my own.

You have made a bold claim with this thread. That a spiritual being exists and we should believe that. The burden of proof is on YOU to support that claim. Not on others to disprove it.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Where's your god there?

Haiti was not an act of God, it was an act of nature. Nature is not just, its blind and these things happen.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I dont need help.....thankyou very much

Stop trying to convert people, its wrong.

Believe in what you want, but stop trying to preach your opinion. Sometimes internet Christians are as much of pests as Jehovas witnesses

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Just like you would ask me to prove His existence.

Disproving ALL gods cannot be done, but it is fairly simple to disprove the Christian God.
Christians hold that God is infallible. However, God created Man, and Man is fallible, therefore God is also fallible, as he created a flawed being, and a flawless creator and a flawed creation cannot both be true.

I think that most who say there is no God, point specifically to the non-existance of the Gods devised by Man. It doesn't necessarily follow that the person doesn't believe in Divinity, or the spirit world (as there is evidence to suggest it), but it means a person may believe that Man has merely attempted to classify it and put a name to it, along with adding his own rituals, dogmas, and superstitions to go with it.....and most often for the purpose of controlling others through religious claims.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This is the very reason i don't call god 'God'. There is just so many interpretations that if I say 'God', a Christian may say Jesus, a Muslim may say Allah etc... etc...

I prefer to call it 'creation', its distinct, and when its said, it refers to none other than the source/eternal creator/universal source.

Although its still a label, how does one give it a title? and please, i mean no disrespect when I say 'it', i don't believe the source has a gender, how does pure energy have a gender?

IMO, creation allows for all to occur, constantly existing swinging in a balance, never achieving a balance, but constantly swinging, the earthquake in Haiti could be any amount of reasons, divine intervention though, I don't believe that to be the case.

top topics

join