It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H1N1 not a 'fake' pandemic: WHO flu chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

H1N1 not a 'fake' pandemic: WHO flu chief

www.cbc.ca

The World Health Organization's top flu expert has struck back at criticism about the agency's handling of the H1N1 pandemic, saying claims that the outbreak was a false alarm are scientifically wrong and irresponsible.

Dr. Keiji Fukuda also denied allegations that the global health organization overhyped the outbreak or was inappropriately influenced by the pharmaceutical industry in declaring the pandemic.

"At this point let's not play word games and let's not be indirect about this matter
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
For a flu that killed the same amount of people worldwide as the regular flu kills in Canada in a year, I can say that this response was kind of over blown...

they will never admit it but it was a pharmaceutical SCAM to bilk governments out of millions of dollars at the expense of regular people like you and me...

Duped again.

Peace,

Magnum

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Someone deffinately lost BIG in that SCAM. I dont know one single person who has taken the shot. Now there is no shortage of the Vaccine, so says the radio. They made it out like "If you dont get this shot, you WILL die." trying to make the people think that there wasnt that much to go around. What a crock of BS. Heads SHOULD roll over this, but I realy dont see that happening. Makes me want to

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Right on. Star for you. I'd like to see the WHO post real numbers of fatalities showing H1N1 compared to "regular" flu, plus the "regular" flu numbers from previous years. I know it won't happen, or the numbers will be monkeyed with.
This was about money, and keeping people scared and dependent.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Speaking of shortage of vaccines, I read that Canada is sending its excess vaccines to poor countries... lol... Like it's going to help now right?

Do they really think we are that stupid?

Magnum

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

YES!

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

That was a rhetorical question, Farley... One lap, and then drop and gimme 10...

Magnum...

[edit on 10/1/15 by Magnum007]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yes Canada did send vaccines to another country. 5million of them on loan. Guess we Canucks know a scam when we see one as well

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I honestly think that part of this was a way to enrich certain pharmaceutical companies and corporations in the form of yet another dishonest bailout but…

I think this was also very much about developing some new policies, laws and procedures in how to deal with (not in a good way either) what is over the next few years going to be more and more infectious diseases that no longer respond to known antibiotics.

Malaria killed one million people in Cambodia last year. They no longer are able to treat the disease because it has been mutating in drug resistant forms. A rare strain of Tuberculosis that is utterly incurable is starting to cross borders as well. Five percent of all Africans with Aids have a new super resistant strain that does not respond to drug treatment.

All these things will continue to spread out of the third world and into the first world and as they do deaths will mount and the governments will need to be able to respond quickly with powerful laws and provisions to quarantine people, isolate them, and destroy infected property.

What they are really developing out of H1N1 is the control mechanisms to do that in the future as these mutating infectious diseases begin to circulate throughout the globe.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I think you have a very interesting perspective. What you are saying makes alot of sense and explains much of what we saw.

Star for you!

Magnum

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
English "definite" - becomes "definitely", and in no way can it be "deffinately" or anything else.

English is my second language, and if I can work on my errors, you can too.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by herbivore

I'm sorry, but do you have something to say about the topic on hand? We're trying to have an adult discussion here... Play nice, or go play somewhere else...

Magnum

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by herbivore

Maybe you should stary a Spelling Police thread. Then i can come over to you threas and poo all over your grammar.

You should have DEFFINATELY took up spanish instead.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
Someone deffinately lost BIG in that SCAM. I dont know one single person who has taken the shot. Now there is no shortage of the Vaccine, so says the radio. They made it out like "If you dont get this shot, you WILL die." trying to make the people think that there wasnt that much to go around. What a crock of BS. Heads SHOULD roll over this, but I realy dont see that happening. Makes me want to

MessOnTheFED!

Sadly I know too many people that have boasted about RUSHING to get the shot for themselves and their kids. I know at least 10 couples with kids. When I tried to explain the stance that this is an unproven vaccine let alone an unproven pandemic they got all pissed off at me and said that I'm just swallowing all of the conspiracy crap. That more people have died from this dread disease already (last year) than in the previous few combined. Well, that was what they were told by the clinics that were SELLING these shots.

What a SICK joke.

new topics

top topics

join