It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast food fries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I'm a big fan of fast food, please ignore this thread if you have a problem with this.
The greatest thing about fast food is the the peas and carrots situation that a occurs between Fried potato wedges and beef. Being a fastfood addict, and having lived in several states, I have the pleasure of introducing my top list of fast food fries.

Checker's/Rally's Hot Fries- I'm not sure If all of the Rally's drive threw restraunts have been converted to Checkers or not, but growing up, and this day I hold their fries as the best I've ever had. They have a crispy outside with a baked potato inside. The seasonings are some what spicy, but with plenty of salt. These are great fries.

Arby's curly fries- The style these fries are cut are best described as fun. The curles are fun, but so is the texture, in an order you will find some more soggy and some crunchy, but all are great. The seasoning perfect, though i tend to get digestive problems (ingesting to me they use msg, I don't handle msg well). Overall the taste is great and the texture is a mixture of perfection.

Burger King Fries - Way back in 1997 they switched from their wedge sytle fies to compete with McDonald's fries findarticles.com... At the time I was still very young, and didn't quite grasp how disgusting McDonald's is, because of the happy meal brain washing seattletimes.nwsource.com... I was against the King's new fries. Now as a grown adult I have to say I love the king's fries. The perfect golden brown batter coating makes for a near perfect fry. They not only have a perfect texture but they are flat out yummy. They accompany the flame broiled burger perfectly.

KFC Potato Wedges- These are not actual fries, but I love them. They seam to have a similar seasoning to Arby's curly fries (msg warning). I love how crunchy the out side is, and how fat the baked potato inside is. The best thing is if you have a Taco Bell/ KFC combo near you, you can ask them to use the wedges in the Taco Bell potato burrito. The potato burrito with the weges is 20x better then the traditional potato burrito

White castles according style fries- This is a regional burger chain many people have not had. The fries are fairly generic according fries, which I LOVE. The outside is a crispy gold color covered with salt, the inside is packed with soft potato. There isn't a whole lot to be said about them, other then then simple and damn good.

Whataburger fries and Wendys Fries- Whataburger is a regional chain, Wendy's is national. Their fires are basically the same. they are fairly think and have a sogginess to them. When properly salted they are amazing. As soon as you take a bite the potato seam to melt in your mouth. Ketchup is ideal for these fries, I think they make for the perfect In ketchup catalyst. Whataburger's fancy ketchup come in these perfect dipping trays, similar what honey mustard for chicken strips comes in. t2.gstatic.com...:4fEqFlQgq-81KM:2.bp.blogspot.com... .jpg.

I did not add McDonald's fries to this list because I don't like them that much. Their fries tend to be inconsistent. Out of 10 times the fries at McDonalds might be good 2 times. Usually they are to hard or to salty. They are also a bit to thin for me overall.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by mosesgunner]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

Good thread!

I, too, like fries.
Burger King is my favorite.
Second in line is Arbys Curly Fries.

That's it. No one else compares.

Although I have been known to use Wendy's fries to scoop out a frosty.
MMmm.....MMm....Mmmm...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If I eat fries, which I really try hard not to, I go for Wendy's fries with no peas and carrots.

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Burger king for me out of that list. Thing is they have stopped salting them! - OK that is a good thing for health, you salt them your self if you want, but I always grab and go, I never used to salt fries anyway cos they were already salty enough... Now I get down the road and I have to be disappointed cos I forgot to grab salt packets!!!!

Also I think KFC does the same now, I don't eat FF all that much - 2 times a month?

We have the glorious chippy in the UK! - Whenever you find a chip shop that does the just the way you like them man do you keep going back! - Salt vinegar bit of fish and chips!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Home made big fat English chips chopped out of big fat King Edwards... fried in a home fry machine... coevred in rock salt and a variety of ketchup, daddies sauce and sarsons vinegar... *drrrooooooolll*

But if it's fast food as in take away... has to be freshly cooked Mc Donalds.. dipped in chocolate milkshake..

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I love Checkers fries best, almost always consistently good.

I love McDonalds fries, but only if they are just right....even a couple minutes out of that window, and they are a soggy mess... (I'll demand they try again if I get that)...

I can't even stomach BK fries...and opt for the onion rings instead, which aren't that great, but I do like BK burgers (especially the 99 cent double cheese)....

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I like the fries at Whammy Burger. Plus their Happy Meal comes with ammo.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Rally's or Popeye's cajun fries are great
I love going to Sonic and ordering there cheese fries. Yum You can also add chili to them but i'm not a fan of chili.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Nobody's mentioned Jack In The Box = Curly fries, .... those are great. with ketchup or secret sauce !!

besides that BK fries are just great for some reason. The food may be completely tasteless unless you know how to order it. but they got good fries.

I used to work there, ... i would just snack all day.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
You guys must not have Five Guys yet because their fries overrule everything mentioned by far.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Had Five Guys...they are ok, for me personally, I'd rank them with Arbys.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
people go out on special nights for posh food. I eat well moat of the time, but my night out special treat horrifies people, I always get hot chips (fries) nom nom nom.

Its my potato addiction, I try stay on the wagon all week, but sometimes maybe once a month I trip over and my mouth accidentally lands on a packet of KFC hot chips with extra seasoning, and I try to get up, I really do, but I cant till I have swallowed them all~sigh~

I love Hot chips, they were invented by the gods,

Hi, My name is zazzafrazz and I am a chipaholic.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't typically order fries in a sit down restaurant
but as far as fast food goes I think Rally's has the best fries.

Didn't think about until I read it but you are correct, McDonald's is
very inconsistent but I do love em when they get it right!

I think Steak and Shake has some pretty decent fries as well.

Don't care for Burger King at all and actully stopped
going there becasue of the fries. Maybe I need to give them a try again.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
5. Would have to be those delicious golden brown fries from Hungry Jacks, which is Burger King, but we name it different over here for some reason

4. Mccain shoestring fries.....i know they are a frozen good, but go they taste awesome....best seasoning and the get crispy really easy

3. Hot Banditos potato wedges, another frozen food, but again very well seasoned and the get nice and crispy on the outside, while staying fluffy on the inside

2. Any serving of chips from a fish and chip shop. You yanks (unlucky for you) probably dont get these, as it seems to be more of an England and Australia thing. But deep fried chips are simply fantastic

1. Hogs Breath Cafe curly fries. Covered in a crumbly potato coating with a side serve of Hogs Breath Ranch dressing......absolutely mind blowing.....again we only get them here in Australia

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I think they are gross tbh.

All fast food fries. i cant see the fascination with them.

Have you tried making your own?
takes a while to chop em that small and ususally burn, but nicer

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Had Five Guys...they are ok, for me personally, I'd rank them with Arbys.

ha! whatever gazrok ... five guys fries ≠ arby's fries
arby's fries? c'mon. please. i mean i dig an arby's roast beef every blue moon and their fries aren't necessarily abysmal, but they're typical fast food fries which five guys' most definitely are not. hello.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
My favorite fries are Checkers although a bit greasy and Wendys 2nd all the rest I don't do unless I'm really starving. I mean major starving.

new topics

top topics

join