It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think i ASTRAL TRAVELED, to a lower dark realm...plz your thoughts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
So...Ill try to make this as short as possible.

I was doing some laying down mediation. I haven't had very good luck with laying down meditation, due to the fact that i have been sick and i kept just falling asleep.
Anyhow, I was laying down...fell asleep for a bit...woke up maybe 10 mins or so later, and I kept allowing myself to borderline fall asleep and held that conciseness, and then brought myself back into full conciseness, and kept doing it.

At the same time i had a "INTRO TO MEDITATION" track playing in the background..basically all it says is how to meditate, how to deal with your thoughts... nothing big in guided meditation, just talking.
Threw out my meditation i can hear it playing in the background.

At one point...i was in my meditation...i can not remember what exactly the thoughts i was thinking, but very violently...and very sudden my body jerked uncontrollably...
i was laying on my back and whithering in pain. Shaking left and right my body tensing up with every sudden move.
I couldn't control or move my body in the least bit. At the same time a wave of sadness.. a horrible horrible deep depression came over me. I felt as if there was "bats"...or "spirits" all around me...it was incredibly dark. My body shaked like this for maybe 5 seconds. At the same time i said to myself "this is probably sleep paralysis dont worry, and dont think negative everything will be fine in a few minutes. So now on my left side, from my hip bone to about the middle of my ribs, is in shooting pain. I "roll over" onto the floor and it was as if i JUST ROLLED on the floor landing on my front. While i was on the floor, i couldn't move more, and my entire body was now in an eruption of PAIN. But i cant explain it...it was as if when your leg falls asleep, multiplied by a thousand. It was to much feeling, to much sensation but painful. Everything got darker and i kept getting thoughts of "this is death...im dieing...this is an evil place...this is where evil sleeps"...i THOUGHT THAT, as well as FELT THAT...it was a feeling i cant explain. Somewhat like when you "know" someone is behind you...or standing near you.
So at this time im laying face down on the floor, and i realize there really is no floor at all...its somewhat like a shadow coming in and out from the movement of the sun. I tried to scream to my brother (who is next door to me and would hear me) but my mouth wouldn't move. IN MY HEAD i was screaming VINNY!!!...but i was mumbling with my "mouth"...
at that point i felt lost...i felt hopeless...and thats when things got darker... when i felt "DEATH"...
i told myself again this is just sleep paralysis...DO NOT WORRY, you WILL GET OUT OF THIS, wake up, WAKE UP MIND WAKE UP!...at that point
i was able to get on all 4's (still in pain and still a sense of EVIL coming in closer to me)...i somewhat crawled as fast as i could to the front of my door.
Now the interesting thing is...there is a sort of coffee table by my door...i went threw that...and i tried to open my door, but i couldn't GRAB IT...i couldn't TOUCH IT...
so instead i finally yelled VINNNY!!!! (came out this time) AND PUNCHED my door 3 times as hard as i could. I punched something...but i didn't actually PUNCH the door...it didn't HIT....like i couldn't touch the solid.
at that point...

MY REAL BODY...jerked and it felt like i was SNAPPED BACK suddenly.
This was all NOT my real body...but...it felt like my real body.
I cant explain it, and i have never had this experience.
I sat up with a deep sadness, a horrible crushing sadness as if i found out my entire family died, went to hell, and is burning....a deep depression...
Im still trying to snap out of it, but it felt beyond evil...beyond a dream, or a daydream...that it was REAL...

i dont know, does ANYONE think this could have been a "dream" somewhat...or perhaps it was an obe...astral projection?

while i was in this state..."on the floor etc."
i could still see everything in my room..just the same... nothing was gone the only difference is, it would just keep getting darker...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
You will probably hear many varied opinions. That's all I'm providing. An opinion. It seems you mixed up your brainwave state pretty well! Doing what you did jumbled your brain up alot. I think what you experienced was the result of a disintegration of mind via an induced seizure, and the overwhelming sense of fear. I don't think this was a lower astral, as you put it, but just a reflection of your inability to conquer your fear while in this state. Not that the experience would have been pleasant if you just didn't fear. It seems that the jumbling that took place was just too much for your system to handle. If you wish to continue trying to have these experiences, I suggest you try a different method.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
You will probably hear many varied opinions. That's all I'm providing. An opinion. It seems you mixed up your brainwave state pretty well! Doing what you did jumbled your brain up alot. I think what you experienced was the result of a disintegration of mind via an induced seizure, and the overwhelming sense of fear. I don't think this was a lower astral, as you put it, but just a reflection of your inability to conquer your fear while in this state. Not that the experience would have been pleasant if you just didn't fear. It seems that the jumbling that took place was just too much for your system to handle. If you wish to continue trying to have these experiences, I suggest you try a different method.

well it wasn't blaring loud in the background, it was a very very low sound in the background, just to somewhat hear when im meditating...

It could be that though...the only thing is that everything...everything about me...tells me that is real. IT WAS real...
i can distinguish dreams and such, because i cant remember the way things looked...but i could see everything perfectly...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

It will probably take you a couple of days, at least, to recover from this.

This is what can happen trying to astral travel without protecting yourself.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
reply to post by kaskade

Well the thing is..i HAVE TRIED before...many times, with all kinds of "techniques"...but never really came close (just the humming feeling, and light feeling etc.)
THIS TIME..i didnt tr this...i just wanted to clear my mind...be absent from the bombardment of thoughts...and i got this very sudden, very surreal experience...

I really wish people would chime in lol

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I've gone into a shadow like state before. Where all the colors where contrasted. It didn't feel good and and I got paralysis too. I had to concentrate real hard on my body to come back. Weird thing was I saw my body laying on my bed.

I have no clue what you experience but I'll stick around to read. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
I've gone into a shadow like state before. Where all the colors where contrasted. It didn't feel good and and I got paralysis too. I had to concentrate real hard on my body to come back. Weird thing was I saw my body laying on my bed.

I have no clue what you experience but I'll stick around to read. Good luck.

Thats really interesting, i didnt even think to look at my bed, and see if my body was still there. It was hard to really focus and concentrate on anything because i was in such pain.

When i finally did make it to the door...and TRIED to open it (but i couldn't GRAB onto anything it went "THREW" it).
It felt as if someone grabbed you suddenly...from the back of your hair and pulled your head bACK with all there might. And all the sudden i was "awake"...what i could say "back in my body"
my eyes were closed...but it was weird cause i said to myself in my head before i opened my eyes... "its ok your back in your body now.." and then i opened my eyes...and got the hell outta the room lol

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Well technically your experience is physically real.

At least by one count.

Everything you think or feel is a Electro-Chemical reaction within your brain.

Therefore your thoughts are actual physical material.

This means it was real.

However, the rest is up for debate.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
reply to post by kaskade

pleezr u2u me friend- i d like 2 talk 2 ya

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Ok, I know this is going to sound pretty far out, but there is a chance you might have even had a partial bilocation / botched teleport event.

I've actually had an experience very similar to this myself while attempting to teleport, but after the violent twitching, the paralysis, the failed attempts to shout and the "pins and needles x 1000" I experienced a sensation like the tearing of a sheet of paper that started from my head and went down to my toes over the span of half a second or so. I felt the sensation of multiple presences all around me, suffered an extreme disorientation/panic as I felt like I was flung about in all directions at once and then disoriented and confused as two discreet sets of sensory input from two different locations came into "my" consciousness.

When the "Second me" was materializing, a second set of perceptions seemed to move through a piece of furniture extremely fast in as state alomst like an "energy mist" (but not exactly like an astral projection, which I've had before... I could feel the furniture even while passing through it... very hard to describe, almost like the physical object was made up of the energy static like on a TV with no signal. Tingly.) and then suddenly I was looking at myself from two perspectives at the same time.

By now the pins and needles died down to a mild, pleasent and engergizing buzz, which I felt discreetly in both bodies and there was no discomfort.

It took me a minute to get the hang of moving one body vs the other (and seeing things from two discreet sides at the same time was downright unsettling!), but next I started touching things to verify that they were solid... (they were, from the vantage of each of the me's) and then when I tried to have this second body touch my "primary" body, all hell broke loose and I went into a perceptual tail spin.

When I recovered from that I was just one person again, with the sensation of the physical tingling rapidly fading and being replaced by an ache that penetrated straight to the bone and lasted for many hours.

There are a lot of similarities to what you experienced, but I can't really speak to the sadness/depression that came over you or the sensation of dark entities and bats, but I definitely had the senation that other entities were around and that I was being watched during the process but a good part of that resolved into the "second me" when the split ran it's course.

I wonder if it is possible that all the negativity could have been manufatured from your own subconscious as a way of putting the terror and panic of this extreme experience into a set of concepts that your conscious mind could deal with in the time of crisis... kind of an emergency beacon to keep you sane and get you mentally moving back in the direction that was safe.

I'm actually writing a book on extreme psychic development that details these kinds of abilities and the techniques to control them. Hopefully soon I will have enough posts so I can respond to a private message if you'd like to get in touch.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat117
Ok, I know this is going to sound pretty far out, but there is a chance you might have even had a partial bilocation / botched teleport event.

I've actually had an experience very similar to this myself while attempting to teleport, but after the violent twitching, the paralysis, the failed attempts to shout and the "pins and needles x 1000" I experienced a sensation like the tearing of a sheet of paper that started from my head and went down to my toes over the span of half a second or so. I felt the sensation of multiple presences all around me, suffered an extreme disorientation/panic as I felt like I was flung about in all directions at once and then disoriented and confused as two discreet sets of sensory input from two different locations came into "my" consciousness.

When the "Second me" was materializing, a second set of perceptions seemed to move through a piece of furniture extremely fast in as state alomst like an "energy mist" (but not exactly like an astral projection, which I've had before... I could feel the furniture even while passing through it... very hard to describe, almost like the physical object was made up of the energy static like on a TV with no signal. Tingly.) and then suddenly I was looking at myself from two perspectives at the same time.

By now the pins and needles died down to a mild, pleasent and engergizing buzz, which I felt discreetly in both bodies and there was no discomfort.

It took me a minute to get the hang of moving one body vs the other (and seeing things from two discreet sides at the same time was downright unsettling!), but next I started touching things to verify that they were solid... (they were, from the vantage of each of the me's) and then when I tried to have this second body touch my "primary" body, all hell broke loose and I went into a perceptual tail spin.

When I recovered from that I was just one person again, with the sensation of the physical tingling rapidly fading and being replaced by an ache that penetrated straight to the bone and lasted for many hours.

There are a lot of similarities to what you experienced, but I can't really speak to the sadness/depression that came over you or the sensation of dark entities and bats, but I definitely had the senation that other entities were around and that I was being watched during the process but a good part of that resolved into the "second me" when the split ran it's course.

I wonder if it is possible that all the negativity could have been manufatured from your own subconscious as a way of putting the terror and panic of this extreme experience into a set of concepts that your conscious mind could deal with in the time of crisis... kind of an emergency beacon to keep you sane and get you mentally moving back in the direction that was safe.

I'm actually writing a book on extreme psychic development that details these kinds of abilities and the techniques to control them. Hopefully soon I will have enough posts so I can respond to a private message if you'd like to get in touch.

Wow...most of what you said/put is borderline exactly what i experienced. Its hard to explain cause that feeling...that 'moment'... whatever it was felt and still feels REAL...it felt so real, i can tell the difference between dreaming. I lucid dream quite often, and if im not lucid dreaming fully, almost all my dreams i can recognize this "isn't real". But this experience was REAL, at least to my mind it was.
Its interesting because 20 mins or so after i snapped out of it, talked to my bro etc. this reality seemed more fake, and that other one seemed more real.
I felt somewhat like an adrenaline rush.
My senses were super heightened, my could see with my peripheral's amazingly
My brother moved his hand, and i caught his movement just as it was happening, way on the side of my right corner of my eye, off his guitar that was barley shining. I would have NEVER notice that.
sound sounded different...when i talked or he talked i could somewhat feel as if the vibration were coming off a certain wall and bouncing back at me.
It was really really weird...
it went away after 10 mins or so when i finally fully calmed down and accepted it for what it was.
My brother said that a lot of people who have adrenaline rushes, have the same effects i had...(heightened senses) but it was only AFTER i snapped out of the "moment" i experienced it.
Yea would love for you to u2u me.
THIS is what i love about ATS...whether its real...fake... bull# or non...
you at least have SOMEONE you can talk and relate to...even on the widest of subjects =]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Wow. What strange thing. I've had some pretty terrifying inner ordeals and seem to be aware of some realities that are lower than this one but that event is rather impressive.

I'll just keep it simple and say your mind took you to where it really is at the moment. I'd say keep moving along undaunted. You might be getting close to having a breakthrough and your ego wants to stop you. Take time and recover if you need it.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Its typical lower-astral perception combined with sleep-paralysis. Unpleasant stuff. You should be in a positive emotional, mental and physical state before meddling with other realms.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
people are confused when they think "realms" are some place or locality that differs from what you see; as if you change your perception you still see but are seeing different due to your change in perception, every thing that you know as in seeing before you is not separate and in some other "realm" when you attempt to "go to" these places.your mind changed and you suffered the karmic results from what is termed "this" reality in a denser/lighter way of perceiving.all that you went through is real and even if you were introverted and made choices that are characterized as karmically good you would still go through what you went through.you didnt astral travel; you changed your perception and saw what you normally see due to the change in perception you went through what you described.to say it was a lower realm is to say you are in a low realm and that there are different realms you enter when you change perception; but that is not the case: the karma/dharma that makes your your own space is your own and does not change, when you change your perception you see this space as the same being experiencing this same space as different maybe because of your maturity.there is no way you can protect yourself from your own space, and maybe with patience and maturity you will learn to accept the space that is your own.i suppose if i agree that since you accepted a different way of viewing your perception within your own space that you traveled, but that is locomotion.all the choices you make resound in all the realities your eye sees from and exists in; just because you choose to catch a different view does not mean you were in a different space.have fun.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Ausar]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I can relate to how it made you feel. It's a very real, very scary experience but I believe that it all spawned from being in such an alien situation. Give yourself some time to recover mentally but don't let it stop you from trying again. You might want to try other, more controlled or stable methods, but you should be more ready the second time around as the feelings won't be so alien this time.

And it feels like death because it's some of the same processes that occur.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
I can relate to how it made you feel. It's a very real, very scary experience but I believe that it all spawned from being in such an alien situation. Give yourself some time to recover mentally but don't let it stop you from trying again. You might want to try other, more controlled or stable methods, but you should be more ready the second time around as the feelings won't be so alien this time.

And it feels like death because it's some of the same processes that occur.

Yea exactly what i felt...i wont lie im a bit hesitant towards doing it, just because i dont want to feel those same feelings again. But at the same time i know i SHOULD...kinda like the old saying goes "when you fall off that horse, you need to get RIGHT back on it again"
Maybe now that i felt it..i know how to "deal" with it better. First time i lucid dreamed, i got so happy and excited i woke myself up. 2nd time i knew i was dreaming but i didnt want to do anything cause i thought i would mess it up. 3rd. time around i controlled it.
I guess just gotta "get used to it" like u said.

thank you all for your responses/outlook. appreciate it =]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I must say I don't know much about this subject, but I have a question.

The few posts I've read, people have explained scary and painful events. What is the motivation to do this?

Are there positive benefits to this?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
I must say I don't know much about this subject, but I have a question.

The few posts I've read, people have explained scary and painful events. What is the motivation to do this?

Are there positive benefits to this?

Yea a lot of the post's have a lot of negative aspects to it...moreso than good to be honest.
I believe its once you reach past this point...that the good shine's threw. Nothing worth doing...is easy. Everything great takes time and hard work, as well as "negative things" first...

i didnt try to do this...it was very random and spontaneous, so its not really what i was "aiming for"... but the story's of the positive far out ways the bad

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaskade
i didnt try to do this...it was very random and spontaneous, so its not really what i was "aiming for"... but the story's of the positive far out ways the bad

Now you understand what I say, when I say the harder you try the further away it gets from happening.......and Ive said that often enough haha. It is more likely to happen for me when I am not trying in any way, or even thinking about it.

IMO it sounds like you were genuinely 'out & about'.
I have NEVER had an OOBE experience that was painful
so I have no idea how to advise about that, but it comes to mind that MAYBE an outside force was trying very hard to stop you and therefore causing this pain. But honestly I have NEVER heard of, or read about a painful OOBE experience....but what you describe so well, when telling about you rolling over and being by the bed and attempting to touch things is a DEAD ON description of a real and actual OOBE, and how disorienting it can be.

Sounds like you have made it, as in, gained the OOBE ability for yourself.
I doubt death would be so painful, as once your 'out' there is no longer a physical feeling
....think about that for a second.......you MADE IT OUT!!! CONGRATS !!
now you KNOW for a fact that your existence goes on after you die.

Meditate on that, and let the insight become a part of you......and also know, that once that door has been opened for you, it will NEVER close again. So it will be a part of you life now, that you will forever have OOBE's.

Be very WARY about talking about this to people and I mean ANYONE......as so many folks do not think it could possibly be real and they will question your sanity in a big way. You can loose close friends that do not want to hang out with ' a crazy person'.......your parents might make psychiatrists appointments for you as they are frightened you had a psychotic break. I can not stress this enough...BE WARY WHOM YOU TELL ! Talk to those of us here on ATS who are already in the OOBE club.

Be not afraid, as the fear you take to the OOBE side is compounded so much it will feel like your in an evil place, but all this feeling is within you, not outside of you.....
Every night do protection prayers for yourself, because ya never know when your going to be 'out & about' again and you want to do it safely.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
It's a very real, very scary experience but I believe that it all spawned from being in such an alien situation. Give yourself some time to recover mentally but don't let it stop you from trying again....

I know I've tried many times since my encounter to accomplish this again, but unfortuately now when ever I get close and the sensations start to approach what they were when I did the first time, I start to feel a combination of excitement and a little apprehension that unfortunately takes me out of the moment.

Like theRiverGoddess says, the harder you try, the farther away you get!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join