It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hilary wants Rudd to lead the Asia Pacific community

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I heard this briefly on the radio this morning on the way to work, so of course i googled

Correct me if i am not reading this right, but it sounds to me that Hilary wants Rudd to lead the "Asia Pacific community"?
He is not doing to well right now in Australia and she wants him to lead the whole Asia Pacific?

The US Secretary of State has hailed the Australian Prime Minister as a leader in Asia and endorsed his efforts at reform and renovation of the regional institutions of the Asia Pacific.
Just at the moment, the Rudd foreign policy could do with such a favour, given the troubles Canberra is having with India over the attacks on students, Japan over whaling and China over jailed Rio executive Stern Hu.
Oh, and don't forget Singapore's steadfast opposition to the Rudd plan for an Asia Pacific community stretching from Vladivostok to Delhi, and dealing with both trade and economics on the one hand, and security on the other.
Rudd was the only international statesman Clinton mentioned by name.

She also hailed Australia as a traditional leader in the region.
But her speech was much more than just a statement of support for Rudd.
She set out the strong credentials the Obama administration is building up for its Asia policy.
Barack Obama has started well in Asia. He has a very good Asia team and they are ambitious for US policy in the region.
They have a clear-eyed view of Asia as embodying critical US interests and also as a region where US policy can achieve positive results.

So Hilary wants the Australian PM to lead the Asia Pacific with US Policies.

But the US joining the EAS would fulfil Rudd's vision of an inclusive Asia Pacific Community.

The very fact that both Clinton and US Defence Secretary Robert Gates and a raft of the most senior US military and State Department leadership, are coming to Australia for AUSMIN is a tribute to the seriousness with which the Obama administration views the Australia relationship.

www.theaustralian.com.au...

Your thoughts??

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I was wondering what reward he would be given for pushing so hard for a carbon tax, i guess this is it.
And its no surprise at all.

From the start Rudd's only real concern has been his international image and the brownie points he can get from world leaders, rather then the country he was elected to represent.

This man and his intentions are not to be trusted IMO

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sicklecell

Very good point, i couldn't put my figure on why he was pushing the ETS so hard.
I had the asnwer to my own question and didn't even realise, thanks Sicklecell

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Kevin Rudd has become intoxicated with self grandeur and power. He is so drunk on it he can't even see that he will be lucky if the Labor party wins the next election.

I don't know f you saw him address the globe from the steps of the White House recently with Hillary standing next to him nodding as he recited his speech about how Australia will the support US foreign policy no matter what. The only thing missing was the strings, as for all intents and purposes he has become a puppet and sold all us Aussies out.

China is the leader of the Asia Pacific whether we like it or not. The reason being, they are on their way to becoming the worlds foremost superpower.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wycky

What is ETS, or are you talking ET's?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Tried to give you guys two stars each, but ATS wouldn't let me get away with it, lol

You've already said it, so all that's left to say really is 'Who the hell is Hilary, anyway ? '

It's not long ago, she was all over another plastic little Mattel NWO puppet .. Mandelson -- giggling, touching his arm and describing him as 'Oh so handsome, smart and charming' or words of equal nausea

Now it's sexless KRudd who's apple of her wrinkly smile, LOL

Whatta man, huh ? You can SEE the custard flowing in his veins. Oh yes, a 'born leader'

who throws dummy spits when the plane he's on can't provide a decent hair-dryer for his imminent appearance on the tarmac

and who abuses aircraft staff for not providing a three-course hot meal during a one-hour flight from Sydney to Canberra, LOL

Actually, it's KRudd's mummy whom Hilary should be praising as a born leader and future 'King of Asia Pacific (or whomever else it was who sucked all KRudd's testosterone out of him)

he makes Abbot look like a young Arnold Swartzenegger by comparison

Gee, even Renee Zelwegger looks butch compared to KRudd .. and she has a much meaner squint

Yeah Hilary ---- a real judge of men

LOL

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Seeker
reply to post by wycky

What is ETS, or are you talking ET's?

ETS is short for "Emissions Trading Scheme"

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychoses

Thanks
Am haveing a Bimbo moment

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I came across something interesting.
Back in May 2009 Kevin Rudd admitted defeat on the Asia Pacific community, the plan was not going ahead.
But all of a sudden it has reared it's head again with Hilary's backing.
I wonder what has changed in the past year?

Singapore: Kevin Rudd has admitted defeat on his Asia Pacific Community and moved on to contemplate the glorious future of the Asia Pacific community. The Shangri-La speech was an excellent example of how a politician cuts his or her losses while moving on proclaiming progress. Throughout the printed text, the reference was to an Asia Pacific community (APc).

www.lowyinterpreter.org...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

Well for one thing, Copenhagen didn't get the results he was hoping for so it seems there has been a change of tact.

I heard his speech on the radio yesterday where he said that we need to change course and develop "productivity" to meet the new challenges of the 21st century.

Now that he's realised that we aren't going to cop his "fake tax to fix climate change" he needs to come up with something in a hurry.

I think there are things going on behind the scenes in regard to him and Hillary, but I can't put my finger on it just yet.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Let NZ lead the Asia/Pacific community.

We may be a small country but we are punching well above our weight -we have forbidden a lot of rubbish coming into our country and we will continue to do so.

Also, Auckland (our biggest city, in the north) has more Pacific Islanders than probably a lot of the Pacific Islands. And we give aid to a lot of the Pacific Islands.

If we can get Wanganui's mayor as PM, there will be no stopping us.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by learningtofly

The problem with that is that nobody takes New Zealand seriously in any context. Not even Australian state cricket teams.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoses
Kevin Rudd has become intoxicated with self grandeur and power. He is so drunk on it he can't even see that he will be lucky if the Labor party wins the next election.

I agree, but its good to see we have good relations with the Chinese at the moment, him speaking fluent mandarin and all. Too bad he's one of the worst Labour prime ministers ever (Howard was crap too btw), on every other topic. Me thinks he tries to hard to be an average Aussie.

Bring back Bob Hawke

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

I agree, but its good to see we have good relations with the Chinese at the moment, him speaking fluent mandarin and all. Too bad he's one of the worst Labour prime ministers ever (Howard was crap too btw), on every other topic. Me thinks he tries to hard to be an average Aussie.

Bring back Bob Hawke

I really hated voting the last election, because what the hell are we supposed to do it both candidates are complete tossers?! I get a really fake vibe off Krudd, and i know alot of people that i know personally that voted for him, are wishing they could take it back!

I was too young for Bob hawke really, but i remember being dirty, because they cut my viewing of 'bushfire moon' to show Paul Keating taking over. Maybe that's why i never liked him so much!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Yeah I hated voting to.....almost considered doing a "donkey vote", but I hated Howard so much I couldnt bear to see him get back in power.

Bob Hawke was a legend. He holds the world record for fastest yard glass of beer, drinking. He drank three imperail pints worth in 11 seconds.I think that is the reason why he ended up being the longest serving labour politician of all time

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Bring back Bob Hawke

I really hated voting the last election, because what the hell are we supposed to do it both candidates are complete tossers?! I get a really fake vibe off Krudd, and i know alot of people that i know personally that voted for him, are wishing they could take it back!

I was too young for Bob hawke really, but i remember being dirty, because they cut my viewing of 'bushfire moon' to show Paul Keating taking over. Maybe that's why i never liked him so much!

I agree, except about the 'bushfire moon' bit.

The problem with the voting system here is that it gives us a false sense of choice.

When you look at the "preferences", even if if you vote for an "independent" candidate, our system shuffles all votes back to the major parties and quite frankly, I think they are both as corrupt as each other.

by OzWeatherman
I agree, but its good to see we have good relations with the Chinese at the moment, him speaking fluent mandarin and all.

There is a reason behind that. I work in the mining industry and China is hungry for the stuff we dig out of the ground. Because of the Rudds changes to the foriegn investment laws in relation to company ownership China is now coming in and buying large percentages of the companies which own the mining leases, effectively granting them ownership rights to minerals they would normally have to purchase.

Whats worse is, the politicians have access to "insider info" in regard to which companies are being bought long before the average investor and are using this as a form of "insider trading" to make a load of cash. Of course no politician will be caught because they're not the ones trading the stocks, but I know there is a lot of kickbacks coming from their "friends".

new topics

top topics

join