It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey threatens diplomatic action over Israel 'snub'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Turkey threatens diplomatic action over Israel 'snub'

news.bbc.co.uk

Turkey has said it will recall its ambassador unless a row over his treatment by Israel's deputy foreign minister is rapidly resolved.
The dispute comes after the deputy minister, Danny Ayalon, summoned the ambassador, Oguz Celikkolits, to rebuke him over a TV series.
He then ensured the ambassador was seated on a lower chair and removed the Turkish flag from the table.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So this is what it comes down to? Who sits in a higher chair?
I agree that it is pretty juvenile to remove the Turkish flag from the table.
Turkey has demanded a formal apology from Israel by this evening, or else the ambassador is leaving ASAP.

Pathetic in my mind that they are whining about this even though he came to argue about a TV series it seems.

Thoughts?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Meh... Politics. These so called politicians act like grown up BABYS. Crying and whining when they dont get their ways. All of them throw temper tantrums. I got a 5 year old at home that acts more diplomatic than most of the CRAP that we have sitting in these seats. The bad thing about it is that these BABYS make decisions for you and me pn a regular basis.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Stupid politics. Turkey is a burden to Europe. Someone should post about the influx of Turks into Germany in the past 12 years...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Knoen

Very intersting.... Now isnt Turkey suppose to be apart of the Armies of GOG and MAGOG? I know bible thumping stuff...but I am still curious

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

It seems Gog and Magog boils down to territory.
What else is new? haha

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Knoen

It's more than flag, the Israeli Foreign minister got a chair placed below his seat and announced to press that see his seat is below uS.

On Monday, Mr. Avalon invited television crews to film a meeting at which he kept the Turkish Ambassador, Ahmet Oguz Celikkol, waiting in an entry room to his office, then seated him in a lower sofa than his and refused to shake his hand.

“The important thing is that people see that he’s low and we’re high and that there is no flag here,” Mr. Ayalon said to the cameras, speaking in Hebrew, which Mr. Celikkol does not understand, without seeming to know that his comments were being recorded.

source: www.nytimes.com...

That is insulting the representative of the entire country.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I agree with Turkey.

Israel in it's arrogance deliberately set out to humiliate the Turkish ambassador.

Having a smaller chair and removing the Turkish flag, is diplomatically rude and uncalled for.

Israel couldn't discuss the situation in a civilized manner. Instead they had to try and demean the Turks.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Israel apologises to Turkey over snub

Israel has apologised to Turkey in an effort to defuse a row over the treatment of its envoy in Tel Aviv.
Israel's prime minister said he hoped this "would end the affair".
Ankara had threatened to withdraw the ambassador unless it received a formal apology from Israel by Wednesday evening.
The row began when the envoy was summoned to Israel's foreign ministry over a Turkish TV series portraying Israeli agents kidnapping babies.
Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon summoned Ambassador Oguz Celikkol to rebuke him over the fictional television series Valley of the Wolves, popular in Turkey.
Mr Ayalon ensured the ambassador was seated on a lower chair and removed the Turkish flag from the table.
Turkish President Abdullah Gul said the ambassador would "return on the first plane" on Thursday unless Israel issued a public apology.
In the letter of apology, Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu "again expressed his concern over the cooling of the ties between Israel and Turkey" and instructed officials "to find ways to prevent this trend", according to a statement from his office.

Finally some sense, and some realisation that 2 wrongs don't make a right, and that humiliating someone by throwing a tantrum doesn't win over many fans.

top topics

join