It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farewell “Saved or Created”: Obama Administration Changes the Counting of Stimulus Jobs*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
So, let me get this straight. If you have a job, and the company recieves stimulus money.........no matter that you worked there before.......you're job counts as a created job? So, I guess real numbers really are a thing of the past. If you really are ethical, and transparent I guess reporting the truth on your initiatives doesn't count, only the numbers you make up.

blogs.abcnews.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Of course they have to make it up.

Any rational person realizes that the government has no money or resources of its own.

Any time the government "gives out" stimulus money, it is simply shifting capital from the productive private sector to the unproductive public sector.

Think about it.

Everything the government gives out, its taking away from someone else.

Everything.

The government might have "something" if it ran productive industries that produced capital, but it doesn't, therefore everything its gives out means its coming out of some productive persons pocket.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Your post: 3 flags; contains information about how the White House is changing it's story on stimulus jobs and money....

Post about George H.W. Bush: 106 flags; contains a video and a bunch of posts claiming they would spit in his eye if it were them....

My post....merely just to point it out!

Why wouldn't the White House do it? They know its all farce and know that if people knew it wasn't doing what they said it would do they would have to answer for it. Spin and spin those wheel!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

This should not be a surprise. All entities do this, governments down to the co-op board at the condo development to US government. Churches do it, companys do it. That is why we have lies, damn lies and statistics. You can generate numbers and apply a methodology in order to present or attach meaning to them that are easily justified.

Regardless of how they calculate it and how they justify their methodology in obtaining the statistic is immaterial. What is not immaterial is the clandestine manner in which they are changing the methodology. To present numbers which are assumed to be obtained in the manner in which they were before absent a clear articulation of how the methodology was changed is not incompetent, not sloppy. Its unethical.

If you really want to get worked up on this topic, take a hard look at how the crime statistics are calculated in your town when they are telling you how safe the current town administration is making you.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Now this is something to nail Obama on. "Saved or Created", biggest bunch of hogwash I have ever heard in my life.

Most of that "stimulus" money went to plug holes in state budgets and the only jobs it went to were state employees. There were no created "shovel ready" jobs.

Hell at the website where you can supposedly track where the money went, they posted up fake congressional districts! They have for the most part made up nearly every number to make it look like this worked. Well it worked as far as the states budgets for last year went, but it was a minor patch!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
So far in Calif all the saved or new jobs went to unions.

All the state agencies are union and all the road construction that is getting stimulus money are union companies.

So far i have found no stimulus money going to non union jobs.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

It did not work for the state budgets either. California got more stimulus money then anyone and the governator is in DC looking for more money. Washington is broke, our budget here is shy $2bn. I think there are less than 5 states which are not running deficits, the largest one being Texas, which is running a surplus. The stimulus did not do a thing except make it look like the government was doing something.

As it relates to the bit of money that did get spent, it did little good, since the government essentially cut the margins for work so thin that private firms can not make any money when they actually win the bids. What is happening now is that the feds allocate money for a road project of some other kind of public work. The private firms that bid on the work are informed that its a cost +2% job. With a 2% margin the firm actually loses money due to wear and tear on their equipment, but something is better than nothing so they bid and win the job. The margins are so slim that shoddy work and materials are used.

In two/three years all of these public works projects funded out of stimulus money will be done over because of the poor quality going into them right now. Consider it a gift that will keep on giving

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

You're right, it only plugged a small hole, didn't do squat. Probably the worst mistake Obama has made so far in his presidency.

top topics

join